90 second guide to Determine if Your Internet Cause Is BS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2014, 01:50 AM
RE: 90 second guide to Determine if Your Internet Cause Is BS
(19-09-2014 01:46 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(19-09-2014 01:43 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  If you were deleting death threats and postings of personal information such as home addresses then yes you should be deleting those posts.
And what if I was deleting any and all criticism aimed against me? What would you think about that? Because that's what has happened and keeps happening on 4chan and reddit.

I would probably not give as much of a fuck about that as I would that this forum had been invaded by completely insane and over the top misogynists that were harassing people that disagreed with them to the point of criminal levels. I'm sorry Vosur I do not give a fuck that reddit and 4chan actually reigned in their resident psychopaths for once.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2014, 01:55 AM
As a side note something like that happened on this very forum Vosur. Remember the pedophile incident? That thread was shut down and removed. In fact the very rules of the forum were changed so people on one side could not even make their case. Most people were fine with it and the world did not end. It also did not require a gigantic conspiracy to happen.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
19-09-2014, 01:57 AM
(19-09-2014 01:50 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I would probably not give as much of a fuck about that as I would that this forum had been invaded by completely insane and over the top misogynists that were harassing people that disagreed with them to the point of criminal levels. I'm sorry Vosur I do not give a fuck that reddit and 4chan actually reigned in their resident psychopaths for once.
Yeah, I don't even know how to respond to this. We are talking about polite, articulate criticism, absent any harassment and threats, being deleted, and you don't give a fuck about it. I'm fresh out of words.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
19-09-2014, 01:59 AM
(19-09-2014 01:57 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(19-09-2014 01:50 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I would probably not give as much of a fuck about that as I would that this forum had been invaded by completely insane and over the top misogynists that were harassing people that disagreed with them to the point of criminal levels. I'm sorry Vosur I do not give a fuck that reddit and 4chan actually reigned in their resident psychopaths for once.
Yeah, I don't even know how to respond to this. We are talking about polite, articulate criticism, absent any harassment and threats, being deleted, and you don't give a fuck about it. I'm fresh out of words.

Given everything I've seen from that side of this scandal I find that impossible to believe.

19-09-2014, 02:25 AM
(19-09-2014 01:59 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Given everything I've seen from that side of this scandal I find that impossible to believe.
In that case, I suppose it's a good thing that you don't have to take my word for it.

[Image: XZ9RBX4.png]

[Image: Qt1ukCl.png]
And then there's the reddit thread in which 25,000 comments were deleted (not to mention every post critical of GamerGate's opposition ever since).

Do you honestly not see what's wrong with this?

19-09-2014, 02:29 AM
(19-09-2014 01:55 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  As a side note something like that happened on this very forum Vosur. Remember the pedophile incident? That thread was shut down and removed. In fact the very rules of the forum were changed so people on one side could not even make their case.
I was on my six-months absence when that happened, so there's not much I could do to oppose it then, but I've voiced my opposition to that censorship bullshit several times since.

(19-09-2014 01:55 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Most people were fine with it and the world did not end. It also did not require a gigantic conspiracy to happen.
Neither does this. Much like Seth declared that we can't talk favorably about pedophilia, moot, the admin of 4chan, and the various admins of reddit, decided that people can't talk favorably about GamerGate.

19-09-2014, 02:32 AM
(19-09-2014 02:25 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(19-09-2014 01:59 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Given everything I've seen from that side of this scandal I find that impossible to believe.
In that case, I suppose it's a good thing that you don't have to take my word for it.

[Image: XZ9RBX4.png]

[Image: Qt1ukCl.png]
And then there's the reddit thread in which 25,000 comments were deleted (not to mention every post critical of GamerGate's opposition ever since).

Do you honestly not see what's wrong with this?

Yes, I do not give a fuck about either site. Never have probably never will. 4chan is a sewer filled with the worst dregs of trolls and socially retarded idiots like Res. So no I will never care what their moderation teams do. Nor does it show any kind of grand conspiracy past those moderators.

19-09-2014, 02:47 AM
(19-09-2014 02:32 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yes, I do not give a fuck about either site. Never have probably never will. 4chan is a sewer filled with the worst dregs of trolls and socially retarded idiots like Res. So no I will never care what their moderation teams do. Nor does it show any kind of grand conspiracy past those moderators.
There's not much I can say to sway your mind on that matter. If you don't care about the censorship after all that... well, I don't know. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on whether or not it's a problem.

19-09-2014, 02:50 AM
(19-09-2014 02:47 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(19-09-2014 02:32 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yes, I do not give a fuck about either site. Never have probably never will. 4chan is a sewer filled with the worst dregs of trolls and socially retarded idiots like Res. So no I will never care what their moderation teams do. Nor does it show any kind of grand conspiracy past those moderators.
There's not much I can say to sway your mind on that matter. If you don't care about the censorship after all that... well, I don't know. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on whether or not it's a problem.

If it was the government doing it then I'd be right there with you but these are internet forums. This is not an equivalent loss to the burning of the library of alexandria. Look if you really want to see those threads I can probably find a video of monkeys throwing poo, I mean you'd have to imagine the discourse being a bit less erudite as reddit and 4chan usually do not manage to get up to that lofty level of debate.

19-09-2014, 03:14 AM
(19-09-2014 02:50 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  If it was the government doing it then I'd be right there with you but these are internet forums. This is not an equivalent loss to the burning of the library of alexandria. Look if you really want to see those threads I can probably find a video of monkeys throwing poo, I mean you'd have to imagine the discourse being a bit less erudite as reddit and 4chan usually do not manage to get up to that lofty level of debate.
Well, the same can be said about a number of threads that we have had on TTA. Do you remember the conflict between Taqiyya Mockingbird and Chippy, for instance? I'd much rather have the admins on these other forums allow the opponents to have at each other without interfering with one-sided censorship, because there is poo-throwing from both sides.