97%?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2016, 07:47 PM
97%?
Now while doing what I do on the internet, reading about animals, trying to find a job, and listening to politics. Now while doing what I do I have come across the claim that the 97% of scientist agree with climate change. Now me being a man who always sits on the fence about certain claims until the contrary, I wonder if it is true or not. So what do you guys think? Do you think it is true? If it isn't do you think there is a problem with this? Again, I am not here claim that the 97% thing is false, but I have read the sources that say it is and I want to see if I can find something that shows it is true.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2016, 07:56 PM
RE: 97%?
There is no question climate change is happening. The 97% applies to scientists who believe humans are responsible and not just the planet or weather cycle.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

27-04-2016, 08:01 PM
(27-04-2016 07:56 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  There is no question climate change is happening. The 97% applies to scientists who believe humans are responsible and not just the planet or weather cycle.

Well of course climate change is happening, and I accept that even if humans had a part in it. The main argument I have heard against it is that the study only counted people who accepted climate change, and those who didn't were not counted. But then the question is, what about the 3% who does count?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
27-04-2016, 08:06 PM
Yes climate change is for real. The part of what the heck it is is higher than it has been for 2000 years. Meaning that the cars they drove when JC was on earth were just as bad as ours today! ANd the time before that when people breathed out too much vapor and caused the flood that Noah and his family survived that was man made too.
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
27-04-2016, 08:25 PM
Quote:The main argument I have heard against it is that the study only counted people who accepted climate change, and those who didn't were not counted.

Shithead oil company executives and their anal warts in the republicunt party are NOT scientists and should not be included.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
27-04-2016, 09:09 PM
I believe it was 97% of the members of the national academy of sciences.

How the hell would you calculate what any random "scientist" thinks across such a broad spectrum as that.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
27-04-2016, 09:14 PM
(27-04-2016 09:09 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I believe it was 97% of the members of the national academy of sciences.

How the hell would you calculate what any random "scientist" thinks across such a broad spectrum as that.

Is it like the dentists that recommend Trident gum?

The 5th dentist was paid to endorse sugary gum...

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-04-2016, 06:27 AM
The consensus is real. Here's a meta analysis that takes the best available studies on the level of consensus and summarises the results: http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.108...1/4/048002

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
28-04-2016, 06:34 AM
The number is from a survey of scientists who study and publish on climate science where they were asked if they support AGC, and 97% said yes.

It isn't just a blanket "97% of all scientists in any and all fields." It's a consensus among scientists who explicitly study the linkages between climate and factors that influence climate.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
28-04-2016, 06:38 AM
The odd thing about it all ----

There's three possibilities ---

1. The planet warms.
2. The planet cools.
3. The planetary temperature stays the same.

The only possibility that's never happened throughout planetary history is #3.

And that seems to be what people are shooting for.......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.