9th Republican Debate 2016 Discussion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-02-2016, 07:03 AM
RE: 9th Republican Debate 2016 Discussion
(18-02-2016 01:43 AM)Vosur Wrote:  As for the odds, that just means I'll make more money. Tongue

By that reasoning, wouldn't the smart money be on Jeb! Bush or Kasich?

Also, I think I just found out Trump's master plan. He's going to bet big on someone else while everyone else bets on him, then he'll take a dive in the last round, along with everyone's money. I saw it on South Park, once.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
18-02-2016, 10:08 AM
(18-02-2016 07:03 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  By that reasoning, wouldn't the smart money be on Jeb! Bush or Kasich?
Jeb has 1% in the Nevada polls, Trump has 45%. 'nuff said. Sleepy

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
18-02-2016, 10:45 AM
(18-02-2016 10:08 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Jeb has 1% in the Nevada polls, Trump has 45%. 'nuff said. Sleepy

Exactly, so the odds are longer, and the payout is bigger. That was your exact reasoning for betting on Trump and not Clinton.
18-02-2016, 11:11 AM
The heat of You're not a Christian if x random concept occurs with you.

While Trump has been dropping the religious attacks on Cruz saying, I don't think he's likely a christian because he lies so much.

Apparently the Pope when asked about Trump said he doesn't think anyone that wants to build a Boarder Wall is a Christian.

No True Scotsmanning away! Though others also have done that of Trump lately because if you criticize W. suddenly now you're not a republican. Or blame his office for things they've been blamed for by plenty.

It's like they forgot the driving factor that was why McCain won the 08 primaries, he was so anti-bush he wasn't a factor to fear of keeping and continuing the Bush legacy since he was publicly anti-bush constantly in the senate and when showing up on the sunday morning tv press runs. I guess it just takes one presidency to pass for you to be a special respectable figure again. I guess after the Emperor Trumpiltine 8 reign stint people will be Thanks Obamaing in earnest.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
18-02-2016, 11:51 AM
(18-02-2016 10:45 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Exactly, so the odds are longer, and the payout is bigger. That was your exact reasoning for betting on Trump and not Clinton.
I actually never expressed my exact reasoning, so you're putting words in my mouth there. Just FYI, Trump is beating Clinton in a one-on-one match-up in the national polls. The reason the odds don't reflect that is because people don't make their betting decisions based on facts. Case in point: The odds for Trump winning NH on predictit.org weren't 1:1 even though he was leading the polls by 20% (almost twice that of the closest contender).

18-02-2016, 11:15 PM
(17-02-2016 09:52 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(17-02-2016 06:28 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  His campaign has gotta be the biggest fail of the lot.

Nine months ago, I assumed the 2016 general election was going to be between Jeb! Bush and Clinton.

Exactly, that's what I mean. Jeb was almost a sure thing and now there's no hope in hell for him. At least Clinton still has a shot (although a minor one. #Sanders2016).

Quote:Just FYI, Trump is beating Clinton in a one-on-one match-up in the national polls.

He wont beat her where it matters, the actual voting booth.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
19-02-2016, 12:17 AM
(18-02-2016 11:51 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(18-02-2016 10:45 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Exactly, so the odds are longer, and the payout is bigger. That was your exact reasoning for betting on Trump and not Clinton.
I actually never expressed my exact reasoning, so you're putting words in my mouth there. Just FYI, Trump is beating Clinton in a one-on-one match-up in the national polls. The reason the odds don't reflect that is because people don't make their betting decisions based on facts. Case in point: The odds for Trump winning NH on predictit.org weren't 1:1 even though he was leading the polls by 20% (almost twice that of the closest contender).

Like the new tag line...nice touch Thumbsup

Trump won’t ever be POTUS, he’s simply too clownish and polarizing. That he has as much support as he has is alarming and disturbing in my opinion.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
19-02-2016, 06:40 AM
(18-02-2016 11:51 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I actually never expressed my exact reasoning, so you're putting words in my mouth there.

I'm sorry. I was thoroughly convinced you were being facetious, so I was being facetious back. If you weren't joking, I'll stop joking with you.
20-02-2016, 08:17 PM
[Image: S7n23zx.png]
Can't Stump The Trump Big Grin

21-02-2016, 07:50 AM
(20-02-2016 08:17 PM)Vosur Wrote:  [Image: S7n23zx.png]
Can't Stump The Trump Big Grin

Now that Jeb has dropped out I wonder who will get his supporter’s votes?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce