A 14 years old atheist kid

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2015, 12:19 AM
A 14 years old atheist kid
Hello im 14 and im an atheist,i used to be a buddhist and christian but not anymore im not a very wise kid so any kind of logical advice will be accepted,but the big problem is im studying in a christian school and im having an argument with a huge fat guy about jesus and stuff and now he is pissed i dont even insult it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2015, 12:37 AM
RE: A 14 years old atheist kid
Hello! Big Grin

Hug

All I can offer is condolences for your current trouble.

Possibly avoid said person if possible.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
07-10-2015, 12:39 AM
I had an argument with a person i said he cant prove god then he told me i cant disprove god either so how should i respond to that nonsense its like disproving the unicorn
07-10-2015, 01:00 AM
Hug

You've hit the nail on the head with your thinking.

There are two things happening in the conversation.

They are saying "They can't prove a god."

Really, that's where you say 'Fine... be happy with the thing you've got nothing proving it.'

Pretty much wave, smile and move on.

For them to then turn around and say you have to dis-prove something?

Perhaps a reply of, 'I'm not going to do your detective/proving work for you, you lazy git.' ? Consider
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
07-10-2015, 01:11 AM
Tell him that the burden of proof is on the one making the claim. He is the one making the claim that God exists so the burden of proof is on him. If he says that you are the one claiming that he does not exist then ask him to prove that Zeus does not exist.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
07-10-2015, 01:47 AM
Mathilda is correct. One does not have to disprove something that has never been proven.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
07-10-2015, 06:55 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2015 07:20 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(07-10-2015 12:19 AM)Faldi1200 Wrote:  Hello im 14 and im an atheist,i used to be a buddhist and christian but not anymore im not a very wise kid so any kind of logical advice will be accepted,but the big problem is im studying in a christian school and im having an argument with a huge fat guy about jesus and stuff and now he is pissed i dont even insult it.

Beware of arguing with huge fat guys. They might sit on you. It's not worth it.
Big Grin
Tell him he can't disprove pink sparkly unicorns either, so his argument is worth shit.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-10-2015, 08:09 AM
Welcome, and what Bucky said!

Hug

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-10-2015, 08:11 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2015 08:20 AM by goodwithoutgod.)
(07-10-2015 12:39 AM)Faldi1200 Wrote:  I had an argument with a person i said he cant prove god then he told me i cant disprove god either so how should i respond to that nonsense its like disproving the unicorn

Welcome aboard

Ask him if he believes the great and powerful Norrg, the creator of all life, truly lives inside hollow neptune. When he replies no, say "prove it.....if you can't prove it, then it must be true."

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
07-10-2015, 08:15 AM
Hello and welcome.

I second all of the above. It's not your job to disprove anything, the claim is theirs so it's their job to prove it. Or of course they could just shut up but they rarely do that unfortunately.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 1 user Likes Eva's post