A Baptist pastor's explanation of Midianite virgins being spared

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2016, 07:20 PM
RE: A Baptist pastor's explanation of Midianite virgins being spared
(20-10-2016 03:21 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Well I think one of the big complaints was that the peoples around them ate pork, were decadent, and worshiped false gods (and made/worshiped forbidden images called idols).

Still pretty much indistinguishable from Daesch.

Well in xianity in the east, iconoclasm lasted until Theophilus died in the 9th century.
Both religions are travelling a remarkably similar path.

Islam remains hundreds of years behind.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2016, 07:41 PM
(19-10-2016 06:30 PM)bigjay Wrote:  It seems from verse 16 that the motive for sparing the Midianites wasn’t exactly pure, since the “incident in Peor” was a whole debacle about ritual sex and fertility worship. Anyways, it seems that the virgins, by virtue of being virgins, were unstained from the sexualized religion that the Midianites had adopted, so they were spared.

What about young male children? They should have been virgins as well.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
20-10-2016, 09:59 PM
(20-10-2016 07:41 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(19-10-2016 06:30 PM)bigjay Wrote:  It seems from verse 16 that the motive for sparing the Midianites wasn’t exactly pure, since the “incident in Peor” was a whole debacle about ritual sex and fertility worship. Anyways, it seems that the virgins, by virtue of being virgins, were unstained from the sexualized religion that the Midianites had adopted, so they were spared.

What about young male children? They should have been virgins as well.

They were sinners. They totally deserved it. Stop asking questions. Asking questions is bad. I want to go to heaven. You are trying to seduce me with the ways of the devil.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post