A Big Wet Sloppy Kiss For TTA

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2016, 05:02 PM
RE: A Big Wet Sloppy Kiss For TTA
If you missed it earlier and are able to help...

https://www.gofundme.com/2jkx4fg?utm_sou..._receiptv5

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-08-2016, 05:18 PM
Take care of yourself. You may not have memories in the form of photographs anymore but the memories remain in your head forever. No flood destroys those.

Hug

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
29-08-2016, 05:20 PM
What rebuilding efforts are going on there? After Hurricane Andrew I worked as a volunteer and stayed in a Salvation Army tent put up for volunteers and we were given 3 meals a day. After Katrina I started off staying with a group from Pennsylvania who called them elves German Baptists. I am a drywall man and have a couple of grandnephews of 20 and 26 years old. Though I am now 70 myself I would really like to go there and offer my services to help rebuild. I can run a crew and be the big BM or big bossman. Can you tell us how to get in touch with some organization pitching a tent to be of help? I don't redo floors, nor lay carpets, my brother who had those skills is no longer with us, Do you maybe know someone who has an empty house that needs the drywall removed in the lower part, remove the insulation from the exterior walls, then studs sprayed with bleach to combat the mold and replace the insulation, the drywall, tape it, finish it, prime it and paint it? Someone who has a house they are not living in right now and we could do theirs free and stay there for 90 days or so as we did that work around the neighborhood and the city? I'd do theirs free and charge others a reasonable sum. PM me if you have serious information that you don't wish to put here in the public part of the forum. I am presently living in the Dominican Republic, but can jump a plane and arrive in Louisiana in 4 hours if I can have someone help with the logistics. I'd really like to help if possible.Thanks
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
29-08-2016, 06:31 PM
A Big Wet Sloppy Kiss For TTA
I know what it's like to lose everything. Mine was to fire not flood but still a total loss.

It will all work out. Stay in good spirits.
30-08-2016, 05:07 AM
Here's hoping you find a place, KC!

And I second, or third, the opinions on those who seek to feed their greed on the misfortunes of others.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
30-08-2016, 08:21 AM
(29-08-2016 05:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  If you missed it earlier and are able to help...

https://www.gofundme.com/2jkx4fg?utm_sou..._receiptv5

Thanks for reposting this link Anj.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
30-08-2016, 09:28 AM
I also wanted to say that KC looks really similar to a guy on my softball team. Twins?

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
- Paul Dirac
30-08-2016, 11:01 AM
(30-08-2016 09:28 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I also wanted to say that KC looks really similar to a guy on my softball team. Twins?

Is he a redneck with a funny accent?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
30-08-2016, 11:26 AM
(30-08-2016 11:01 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-08-2016 09:28 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I also wanted to say that KC looks really similar to a guy on my softball team. Twins?

Is he a redneck with a funny accent?

The redneck part? Sort of.
Funny accent? Not really but I really don't think you do either.

- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
30-08-2016, 02:14 PM
[Image: tumblr_m7fg4zCnMH1ro157no1_500.jpg]

Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post