A Brief Introduction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2013, 11:43 PM
A Brief Introduction
Hello all,

I'm a 44 year old male in northwest Louisiana. I've been an atheist for most of my life, although I didn't realize it until I reached about twenty five. I started challenging all of the other falsehoods society had foisted upon me at about that time and by now I have managed to alienate myself from just about every corner of culture one can imagine. On top of being an atheist, I'm also an anarchist and my wife and I lead an alternative lifestyle. Maybe my moniker should be AAA??

In any event, I'm a rational empiricist who enjoys discussing most anything other than sports, celebrities, television or movies. I'm a big fan of philosophy, although not so much with the abstract, nonsensical lifeboat scenarios that most people argue ad nauseum. I can do a little of that but I prefer to focus on the ethical problems we can actually do something about in our lives and that we actually experience on a day to day basis.

To keep with the title of my post, I'll refrain from blathering on further and simply say that I look forward to some thought provoking discussions with some of you in the future.

Thanks,
BB
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
13-01-2013, 11:47 PM
RE: A Brief Introduction
Welcome Smile
Find all posts by this user
14-01-2013, 08:13 AM
(13-01-2013 11:43 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Hello all,

I'm a 44 year old male in northwest Louisiana. I've been an atheist for most of my life, although I didn't realize it until I reached about twenty five. I started challenging all of the other falsehoods society had foisted upon me at about that time and by now I have managed to alienate myself from just about every corner of culture one can imagine. On top of being an atheist, I'm also an anarchist and my wife and I lead an alternative lifestyle. Maybe my moniker should be AAA??

In any event, I'm a rational empiricist who enjoys discussing most anything other than sports, celebrities, television or movies. I'm a big fan of philosophy, although not so much with the abstract, nonsensical lifeboat scenarios that most people argue ad nauseum. I can do a little of that but I prefer to focus on the ethical problems we can actually do something about in our lives and that we actually experience on a day to day basis.

To keep with the title of my post, I'll refrain from blathering on further and simply say that I look forward to some thought provoking discussions with some of you in the future.

Thanks,
BB
Welcome.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
14-01-2013, 08:55 AM
Hey and welcome!

Are you from Shreveport?

Baton Rouge, here.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
14-01-2013, 10:32 AM
I'm actually "from" Tyler, Texas but a thinking person can only live in the nineteenth century for so long, so I moved to Shreveport about seven years ago.

Not that it's remarkably different here. I think the percentage of backward people is about the same but, there are more people here so a slightly better chance of meeting like minded individuals.
14-01-2013, 10:46 AM
(14-01-2013 10:32 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  I'm actually "from" Tyler, Texas but a thinking person can only live in the nineteenth century for so long, so I moved to Shreveport about seven years ago.

Not that it's remarkably different here. I think the percentage of backward people is about the same but, there are more people here so a slightly better chance of meeting like minded individuals.
lol, so I was right.

And yeah, I know Tyler. I used to live in Katy, so whenever I would drive from BR to Katy I would pass through Shreveport and Tyler.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
14-01-2013, 10:52 AM
(13-01-2013 11:43 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Hello all,

Thanks,
BB
Welcome...

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

15-01-2013, 10:35 AM
I see that you and I differ greatly on the definition of brief.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
15-01-2013, 11:14 AM
"I see that you and I differ greatly on the definition of brief.
"

You though I was gonna show everyone my undies, didn't you?
[+] 2 users Like bbeljefe's post
15-01-2013, 11:17 AM
I had high hopes.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]