A Bunch of Smart as Shit Southern Baptists Trying to Reconcile Evolution w/ Scripture

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2012, 09:26 AM
stupid shit
When somebody starts talking about "lack of transitional fossils," there ain't nothing left to do but throw down the demotivational...

[Image: fb3fb929-ea63-4d82-a9de-752060850816.jpg]

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
29-08-2012, 09:38 AM
RE: stupid shit
(29-08-2012 09:26 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  When somebody starts talking about "lack of transitional fossils," there ain't nothing left to do but throw down the demotivational...

I look forward to your data
Find all posts by this user
29-08-2012, 09:39 AM
RE: A Bunch of Smart as Shit Southern Ba
(29-08-2012 07:14 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(29-08-2012 06:58 AM)Fromgenesis Wrote:  Yes, they say it is the lowest form of wit

Wit is wit, and it's better than all out stupid.

WLC regurgitates the same tired refuted arguments as if the last 60 years never happened. Some Christian apologists think he's the bees knees and buy everything he sells. The Kalam Cosmological Argument and it's derivatives are still first in his play book.

Now i'm just sick of hearing about it.

Just enter your sentence in Google: "<insert bullshit argument> refuted"

That should help you. Smartass
Excellent rebuttal!
29-08-2012, 09:49 AM
(29-08-2012 09:38 AM)Fromgenesis Wrote:  
(29-08-2012 09:26 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  When somebody starts talking about "lack of transitional fossils," there ain't nothing left to do but throw down the demotivational...

I look forward to your data

What do you consider a transitional fossil?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
29-08-2012, 10:14 AM
A Bunch of Smart as Shit Southern Baptists Trying to Reconcile Evolution w/ Scripture
I have some questions, person-whose-brain-is-atrophied-as-he-is-as-old-as-Genesis.

1. If you were arrested for a murder, which you did not commit, and the only way which could exonerate you was DNA, and would prove you innocent, would you use it, or tell your lawyer, "no, I do not believe in evolution" ?

2. How could Judean priests (who assembled Genesis), in 550 BCE know what happened 13.7 billion years before. (How could there be "day" 1, in creation, before the sun, and planets existed ? What does a "day" mean, without them, and how would they know what it is ?), and why are the words in Genesis virtually identical with the words in the Sumerian Creation myth, as well as the flood myth the same as the Gilgamesh Epic ?

3. If I have evidence as good as there is for the resurrection, for another event, will you agree, to accept that event, also, if I can show that the evidence is just as good, thus prove you are not biased ?

Craig, (unlike Habermas..who also never has shown the claimed data), Craig has NEVER polled the scholar community, nor has he claimed to. He is guessing, AND the only people he talks to are fundie nuts jobs, such as yourself.

The only public poll we know of, is the Jesus Seminar. The %'s of agreement there NEVER approaches 99 % on anything. So, show me the poll, and the data, or STFU.

WLCraig is a scheming Sophist, who admits on YouTube he believes, because he believes. All his argumentation, is essentially irrelevant. He has proven bad faith, over and over, and I can prove it, from the debate with Ehrman.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
30-08-2012, 01:08 AM
(29-08-2012 09:49 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-08-2012 09:38 AM)Fromgenesis Wrote:  I look forward to your data

What do you consider a transitional fossil?
The type that necessitates the development op the punctuated equilibrium model. Most fossil evidence apparently suggests that new species occur fully formed and functioning rather than gradual changes. In line with this ID seems a more plausible answer.

Do you thus suggest that bias does not exist? Even this argument raised by you suggests bias - as the same set of data leads to different conclusions - indicating bias - some more likely than other - based on available evidence.
30-08-2012, 01:52 AM
RE: A Bunch of Smart
(29-08-2012 10:14 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I have some questions, person-whose-brain-is-atrophied-as-he-is-as-old-as-Genesis.
Oh how funny! The comment suggests a certain amount of frustration – hence the lack of answers to the questions raised.
Quote:1. If you were arrested for a murder, which you did not commit, and the only way which could exonerate you was DNA, and would prove you innocent, would you use it, or tell your lawyer, "no, I do not believe in evolution" ?
I have not read much about DNA, but there is at present serious problems with evolutionary theory explaining DNA, RNA. So DNA is 100% for Christians, but apparently still a bit of a mystery for evolutionists. You are again defeating your own argument.
Quote:2. How could Judean priests (who assembled Genesis), in 550 BCE know what happened 13.7 billion years before. (How could there be "day" 1, in creation, before the sun, and planets existed ? What does a "day" mean, without them, and how would they know what it is ?), and why are the words in Genesis virtually identical with the words in the Sumerian Creation myth, as well as the flood myth the same as the Gilgamesh Epic ?
You are now raising completely new arguments, irrelevant to the discussion it seems.
Quote:3. If I have evidence as good as there is for the resurrection, for another event, will you agree, to accept that event, also, if I can show that the evidence is just as good, thus prove you are not biased ?
If you have read my comments, you would notice that I accepted that I am biased - but do not rely on proven scientific fraud to substantiate my bias.
Quote:Craig, (unlike Habermas..who also never has shown the claimed data), Craig has NEVER polled the scholar community, nor has he claimed to. He is guessing, AND the only people he talks to are fundie nuts jobs, such as yourself.

The only public poll we know of, is the Jesus Seminar. The %'s of agreement there NEVER approaches 99 % on anything. So, show me the poll, and the data, or STFU.

WLCraig is a scheming Sophist, who admits on YouTube he believes, because he believes. All his argumentation, is essentially irrelevant. He has proven bad faith, over and over, and I can prove it, from the debate with Ehrman.
You rely on such "distinguished" guys as those of the Jesus Seminar? If I were you, I would not mention the Jesus Seminar as authority- not in any intelligent discussion at least. As an example, “the above opposition to miracles is based on an outmoded, 19th century view of science and commits the logical fallacy of begging the question (assuming what they seek to prove). (http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-t016.)
30-08-2012, 02:30 AM
(29-08-2012 10:14 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I have some questions, person-whose-brain-is-atrophied-as-he-is-as-old-as-Genesis. etc
You know, our discussion would be really unimportant if there were no effects. Consider the exact nature with which prophecy has come true,and realise that (1) There is a God that has full control over the future (2) This future includes a day of judgement.
Not scare tactics. Just fact. All Jesus ask is "repent" and place your full trust in Him for your eternal life.
Neither me nor you have "won" as that is just arguments and does not change the facts. I wish you all the best.
30-08-2012, 07:48 AM
(30-08-2012 01:08 AM)Fromgenesis Wrote:  
(29-08-2012 09:49 AM)Chas Wrote:  What do you consider a transitional fossil?
The type that necessitates the development op the punctuated equilibrium model. Most fossil evidence apparently suggests that new species occur fully formed and functioning rather than gradual changes. In line with this ID seems a more plausible answer.

Do you thus suggest that bias does not exist? Even this argument raised by you suggests bias - as the same set of data leads to different conclusions - indicating bias - some more likely than other - based on available evidence.

Every fossil is a transitional fossil. Evolution happens all the time, fossilization is a rare event. The 'punctuated equilibrium' model has been over-sold, it is merely looking at evolution at various timescales.

ID is implausible for two reasons. The evidence for evolution is overwhelming, and it comes from far more than the fossil record. The idea that their is an intelligent designer begs the whole question of design - who or what designed the designer?

30-08-2012, 07:53 AM
(30-08-2012 02:30 AM)Fromgenesis Wrote:  
(29-08-2012 10:14 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I have some questions, person-whose-brain-is-atrophied-as-he-is-as-old-as-Genesis. etc
You know, our discussion would be really unimportant if there were no effects. Consider the exact nature with which prophecy has come true,and realise that (1) There is a God that has full control over the future (2) This future includes a day of judgement.
Not scare tactics. Just fact. All Jesus ask is "repent" and place your full trust in Him for your eternal life.
Neither me nor you have "won" as that is just arguments and does not change the facts. I wish you all the best.

There are no prophecies that have come true. None.

The ideas you claim as facts have no evidence backing them. Besides which, the idea of shedding blood for atonement of sin, original or not, is barbaric.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post