A CASE FOR MOVIES OVER BOOKS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2016, 02:29 PM
RE: A CASE FOR MOVIES OVER BOOKS
I'm quite anxious for story telling to make the leap to VR and actually experiencing it as one of the characters.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2016, 02:30 PM
Hmmm...

I've read a couple books where the movie was either as good or better. To Kill a Mockingbird and Love Story, Breakfast at Tiffany, comes to mind. Truman Capote didn't like Audrey Hepburn in the role and reportedly wanted Marilyn Monroe.

Most of the time, the book is far better -- The Shining, Gone with the Wind, The Omen, Room (which I'm mixed on).

Jaws I'm mixed on -- like The Godfather and the Exocist were all good movies and books for different reasons -- even tho different plot points were emphasized in the films.

Dahl, reportedly hated Willy Wonka. (Shrug)

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

06-10-2016, 11:59 AM
(05-10-2016 02:29 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I'm quite anxious for story telling to make the leap to VR and actually experiencing it as one of the characters.

Like a video game?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
06-10-2016, 01:17 PM
(06-10-2016 11:59 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 02:29 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I'm quite anxious for story telling to make the leap to VR and actually experiencing it as one of the characters.

Like a video game?

Not necessarily self guided like a video game, but that too. I'm talking full sensory immersion either way.

'Murican Canadian