A Challenge for Moral Realists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2015, 06:33 AM
RE: A Challenge for Moral Realists
(30-12-2015 06:24 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 06:09 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Who said desire was moral ? Not me. Sure didn't say it was objective.

Seriously, are your reading comprehension skills really this bad?

I think he posts simply because he likes his own vapid deepities. Smokin

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
30-12-2015, 06:45 AM
(30-12-2015 06:09 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Who said desire was moral ? Not me. Sure didn't say it was objective.

You didn't actually say anything...

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
30-12-2015, 06:50 AM
(30-12-2015 06:24 AM)Banjo Wrote:  

Seriously, are your reading comprehension skills really this bad?

They're even worse than you think. Everything he thinks he know, he learned by rote at Jebus camp. (I thought the idiot had been banned.)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
30-12-2015, 06:54 AM
(30-12-2015 06:50 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  They're even worse than you think. Everything he thinks he know, he learned by rote at Jebus camp. (I thought the idiot had been banned.)

Like in that movie?

I had no idea what happened to him but ws pleased when he was not posting.

He is the epitamony of that old saying, "A fool has more questions than a professor has answers".

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
30-12-2015, 07:40 AM
(29-12-2015 02:01 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(29-12-2015 01:57 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The peaceful advancement of all existence. What else?

You have nothing to offer but deepities and it is very tiresome. Get help Pops, you need it.
Moral realist.

I believe in universal morality. Figured I could post some since th topic seemed be challenging people to do it. Poor reading comprehension I guess.
30-12-2015, 07:41 AM
(29-12-2015 02:47 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(29-12-2015 01:57 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The peaceful advancement of all existence. What else?

Ahhh... you mean like the religious wars advancing peace [sic] in India with the Animists, Christians, Hindus, and Muslims, or the Shiite Muslims, Sunni Muslims, and Yazidi in Iraq, or Gaza with the Jews, Muslims, and Christians, or the Christians and Muslims in the Philippines, or Sri Lanka with the Buddhists and Hindus, or Sudan with Animists, Christians and Muslims, or the Animists, Christians, and Muslims in Uganda?

—What would we do without the moral guidance of the theist world?
Didn't say anything about organised religion, thanks for the assumption though.
30-12-2015, 07:41 AM
(29-12-2015 03:23 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(29-12-2015 02:47 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Ahhh... you mean like the religious wars advancing peace [sic] in India with the Animists, Christians, Hindus, and Muslims, or the Shiite Muslims, Sunni Muslims, and Yazidi in Iraq, or Gaza with the Jews, Muslims, and Christians, or the Christians and Muslims in the Philippines, or Sri Lanka with the Buddhists and Hindus, or Sudan with Animists, Christians and Muslims, or the Animists, Christians, and Muslims in Uganda?

—What would we do without the moral guidance of the theist world?
Don't forget conflicts like Bosnia-Croatia, where the devout killed each other over who was the right kind of devout.
Again, peaceful unity has shit to do with murder.
30-12-2015, 07:43 AM
(29-12-2015 05:20 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(29-12-2015 12:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Selflessness.

Lack of greed or want.

Want of want?

Dodgy

Tell me, oh guru, I have attained selflessness and I have no greed (except maybe for that second helping of bread and butter pudding) as I have no possessions of any value but I have a question ... do you want me to eliminate all want, wheresoever I find it, or are you preaching that I should exhibit desirouslessness?

Just checking.

Hobo
All want and desire as possible for you subjectively.
30-12-2015, 07:44 AM
(29-12-2015 05:41 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(29-12-2015 12:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Selflessness.

Lack of greed or want.

Nonsense, there are benefits of greed and want. Lack of greed or want is not even close to being an objectively moral thing.

And you can't see past your hand.

Remove self favoritism from any equation; what do you get?

The absence of the only variable; utter constant for testing and verification.
30-12-2015, 07:49 AM
(30-12-2015 07:44 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(29-12-2015 05:41 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Nonsense, there are benefits of greed and want. Lack of greed or want is not even close to being an objectively moral thing.

And you can't see past your hand.

Remove self favoritism from any equation; what do you get?

The absence of the only variable; utter constant for testing and verification.

I wonder if you can get anymore vapid and self parodying, you never fail to meet expectations.

Deepity do-da deepity day, my oh my what a POE boy says. Laughat

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post