A Challenge for Moral Realists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2015, 07:57 AM
RE: A Challenge for Moral Realists
(30-12-2015 07:55 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 07:51 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Pops, you have just made 4 posts and not actually said anything. Perhaps take the time to think about what it is you wish to say. Maybe write it down a few times first to get it right?

Nobody knows what you are on about.
Your right, I should just ignore the ignorance that comes out of your mouths towards me, that way I can be accused of blatantly ignoring it instead.

Have you considered leaving? I think everyone here has just about had it with your vapid nonsense. Deepity do-da.....

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
30-12-2015, 07:59 AM
(30-12-2015 07:55 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Your right, I should just ignore the ignorance that comes out of your mouths towards me, that way I can be accused of blatantly ignoring it instead.

Even the English is wrong. The sentence should begin with You're, not your.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
30-12-2015, 08:00 AM (This post was last modified: 30-12-2015 08:33 AM by popsthebuilder.)
(30-12-2015 07:52 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 07:40 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Moral realist.

I believe in universal morality. Figured I could post some since th topic seemed be challenging people to do it.

Fine. Define what you mean by a universal morality and then provide evidence that supports your position. Your feels are not evidence. Your delusions are not evidence.

Quote:Poor reading comprehension I guess.

Yes, you've demonstrated that repeatedly, along with an inability to post anything of value or substance.
I do, and have supported it repeatedly. If you can't understand that as a whole, if all equally do outwardly positive things for others, without regard for self, in all possible cases, that the benefit for all of existence and negation of negative outcome for all existence would be exponentially better than where we are now, then I really don't know exactly what to tell you. I wish you the best though, and hope for the sake of all, that eventually people will come to the realizations that will lead to peace and prosperity for all.

Little better anyway
30-12-2015, 08:04 AM
Read this atrocious sentence a few times Pops. No punctuation at all.

I do and have supported it repeatedly. If you can't understand that as a whole if all equally do outwardly positive things for others without regard for self in All possible cases that the benefit for all of existence and negation of negative outcome for all existence would be exponentially better than where we are now then I really don't know exactly what to tell you.

This is not the forum for you.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
30-12-2015, 08:07 AM
(30-12-2015 08:00 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 07:52 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Fine. Define what you mean by a universal morality and then provide evidence that supports your position. Your feels are not evidence. Your delusions are not evidence.

Yes, you've demonstrated that repeatedly, along with an inability to post anything of value or substance.
I do and have supported it repeatedly. If you can't understand that as a whole if all equally do outwardly positive things for others without regard for self in All possible cases that the benefit for all of existence and negation of negative outcome for all existence would be exponentially better than where we are now then I really don't know exactly what to tell you. I wish you the best though and hope for the sake of all that eventually people will come to the realizations that will lead to peace and prosperity for all.

You are unquestionably a POE, you have zero ability to form a coherent thought, I believe this post need to be submitted to mods for their consideration.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
30-12-2015, 08:08 AM
(30-12-2015 08:00 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 07:52 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Fine. Define what you mean by a universal morality and then provide evidence that supports your position. Your feels are not evidence. Your delusions are not evidence.

I do and have supported it repeatedly. If you can't understand that as a whole if all equally do outwardly positive things for others without regard for self in All possible cases that the benefit for all of existence and negation of negative outcome for all existence would be exponentially better than where we are now then I really don't know exactly what to tell you. I wish you the best though and hope for the sake of all that eventually people will come to the realizations that will lead to peace and prosperity for all.

Ignoring the convoluted syntax, you have not defined what you mean by universal morality or provided any evidence to support any of your claims. You have stated how you think people should behave, some of which I may actually agree with, but you've made no case at all to support your position. When pushed, the best you can do is spew deepities with no actual meaning. As far as I can tell, you have an incredibly simplistic view based on the delusions that you have wrapped yourself in.

I'm not joking when I suggest that you need help.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
30-12-2015, 08:24 AM
(30-12-2015 08:08 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 08:00 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I do and have supported it repeatedly. If you can't understand that as a whole if all equally do outwardly positive things for others without regard for self in All possible cases that the benefit for all of existence and negation of negative outcome for all existence would be exponentially better than where we are now then I really don't know exactly what to tell you. I wish you the best though and hope for the sake of all that eventually people will come to the realizations that will lead to peace and prosperity for all.

Ignoring the convoluted syntax, you have not defined what you mean by universal morality or provided any evidence to support any of your claims. You have stated how you think people should behave, some of which I may actually agree with, but you've made no case at all to support your position. When pushed, the best you can do is spew deepities with no actual meaning. As far as I can tell, you have an incredibly simplistic view based on the delusions that you have wrapped yourself in.

I know your not joking

What I mentioned above is kinda like common sense. It also has never been done so showing evidence is kinda difficult.
30-12-2015, 08:34 AM
(30-12-2015 08:04 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Read this atrocious sentence a few times Pops. No punctuation at all.

I do and have supported it repeatedly. If you can't understand that as a whole if all equally do outwardly positive things for others without regard for self in All possible cases that the benefit for all of existence and negation of negative outcome for all existence would be exponentially better than where we are now then I really don't know exactly what to tell you.

This is not the forum for you.
Edited it
30-12-2015, 08:44 AM
(30-12-2015 08:24 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 08:08 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Ignoring the convoluted syntax, you have not defined what you mean by universal morality or provided any evidence to support any of your claims. You have stated how you think people should behave, some of which I may actually agree with, but you've made no case at all to support your position. When pushed, the best you can do is spew deepities with no actual meaning. As far as I can tell, you have an incredibly simplistic view based on the delusions that you have wrapped yourself in.

I know your not joking

What I mentioned above is kinda like common sense. It also has never been done so showing evidence is kinda difficult.

Just to prove how you are not reading properly, you again began your sentence incorrectly.

"I know your not joking"

Should have been I know you're not joking

You seem to want to discuss subjects that are beyond you at this time. I honestly do not believe TTA forum is the place for you to practice. The only achievement in which you succeed is to annoy others. Then when their frustration appears you become angry.

I have often tried to help you, Pops. However it is difficult when you fail to grasp when people are trying to help you. Using big words does not make one intelligent or cogent. Expressing your ideas so that others can follow your train of thought is what matters.

At this point I do not understand exactly what the ideas you attempt are. I do not believe I am at fault. I would like to understand, but the way you go about it makes it impossible. It may simply be a case of your not being clear in your own mind.

Go away for a while and think about what it is you are trying to express. The members on this forum are usually quite open to new or different ideas. It is only when their time is wasted, or somebody spams the site that they become angry.

All I can really say at this point, is good luck.

Come back when you are more ready. And please do not think this post is designed to denigrate you. That is not my intention.

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
30-12-2015, 08:54 AM
Pretty typical how an op presents a challenge and when someone accepts it he is instantly met with contempt and animosity.

Why even post such a thing if replies are just going to be presented for the utter disregard of all?

Yeah I have a communication problem. Yeah, it gets worse when I'm emotionally invested in the topic at hand. Yes, most of my views differ from those of others and as such haven't been tested, and can not be verified due to lack of said testing. So is that, coupled with the general negativity that all claims are met with reason enough to not even test the claims?

Just throw that shit out without even putting any thought into it? Fn hate me, think I'm bat shit crazy. Don't put me off as stupid, I am far from it. Don't believe anything I say, just don't disregard it as technical ramblings of a moron.

Let me put it differently; regardless of my person opinion of some of you, I still attempt to understand your perspective or views for the sake of profitable conversation. One way or another.

If people here truly thought I was in some sort of distress, mentally, they would act differently.

I would really like to try and get back to the topic at hand, if at all possible.

Peace