A Challenge for Moral Realists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2015, 08:57 AM
RE: A Challenge for Moral Realists
(30-12-2015 08:54 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Pretty typical how an op presents a challenge and when someone accepts it he is instantly met with contempt and animosity.

Why even post such a thing if replies are just going to be presented for the utter disregard of all?

Yeah I have a communication problem. Yeah, it gets worse when I'm emotionally invested in the topic at hand. Yes, most of my views differ from those of others and as such haven't been tested, and can not be verified due to lack of said testing. So is that, coupled with the general negativity that all claims are met with reason enough to not even test the claims?

Just throw that shit out without even putting any thought into it? Fn hate me, think I'm bat shit crazy. Don't put me off as stupid, I am far from it. Don't believe anything I say, just don't disregard it as technical ramblings of a moron.

Let me put it differently; regardless of my person opinion of some of you, I still attempt to understand your perspective or views for the sake of profitable conversation. One way or another.

If people here truly thought I was in some sort of distress, mentally, they would act differently.

I would really like to try and get back to the topic at hand, if at all possible.

Peace

Pops, sadly we do not get to judge ourselves.

Have you ever read the play, In camera, by Jean Paul Sartre? If not, it may be a wise investment.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-12-2015, 08:58 AM
(30-12-2015 08:44 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 08:24 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I know your not joking

What I mentioned above is kinda like common sense. It also has never been done so showing evidence is kinda difficult.

Just to prove how you are not reading properly, you again began your sentence incorrectly.

"I know your not joking"

Should have been I know you're not joking

You seem to want to discuss subjects that are beyond you at this time. I honestly do not believe TTA forum is the place for you to practice. The only achievement in which you succeed is to annoy others. Then when their frustration appears you become angry.

I have often tried to help you, Pops. However it is difficult when you fail to grasp when people are trying to help you. Using big words does not make one intelligent or cogent. Expressing your ideas so that others can follow your train of thought is what matters.

At this point I do not understand exactly what the ideas you attempt are. I do not believe I am at fault. I would like to understand, but the way you go about it makes it impossible. It may simply be a case of your not being clear in your own mind.

Go away for a while and think about what it is you are trying to express. The members on this forum are usually quite open to new or different ideas. It is only when their time is wasted, or somebody spams the site that they become angry.

All I can really say at this point, is good luck.

Come back when you are more ready. And please do not think this post is designed to denigrate you. That is not my intention.
So let me get this straight. You honestly think that real subjects other than spelling and grammar are beyond me because I don't properly use spelling and grammar? That's some of the stupidest s*** I've ever f****** heard.
30-12-2015, 08:58 AM
(30-12-2015 08:00 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 07:52 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Fine. Define what you mean by a universal morality and then provide evidence that supports your position. Your feels are not evidence. Your delusions are not evidence.

Yes, you've demonstrated that repeatedly, along with an inability to post anything of value or substance.
I do and have supported it repeatedly. If you can't understand that as a whole if all equally do outwardly positive things for others without regard for self in All possible cases that the benefit for all of existence and negation of negative outcome for all existence would be exponentially better than where we are now then I really don't know exactly what to tell you. I wish you the best though and hope for the sake of all that eventually people will come to the realizations that will lead to peace and prosperity for all.

Existence doesn't work that way, Pops. You create a negative outcome for another living thing's existence every time you slap a mosquito.

It's immensely egotistical of you--and the opposite of selfless--to assume that anyone, anywhere, needs to be educated by you, or that no one understands your message. Your message consists of weak-minded platitudes that do nothing to advance "peace and prosperity for all."
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
30-12-2015, 09:01 AM
(30-12-2015 08:57 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 08:54 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Pretty typical how an op presents a challenge and when someone accepts it he is instantly met with contempt and animosity.

Why even post such a thing if replies are just going to be presented for the utter disregard of all?

Yeah I have a communication problem. Yeah, it gets worse when I'm emotionally invested in the topic at hand. Yes, most of my views differ from those of others and as such haven't been tested, and can not be verified due to lack of said testing. So is that, coupled with the general negativity that all claims are met with reason enough to not even test the claims?

Just throw that shit out without even putting any thought into it? Fn hate me, think I'm bat shit crazy. Don't put me off as stupid, I am far from it. Don't believe anything I say, just don't disregard it as technical ramblings of a moron.

Let me put it differently; regardless of my person opinion of some of you, I still attempt to understand your perspective or views for the sake of profitable conversation. One way or another.

If people here truly thought I was in some sort of distress, mentally, they would act differently.

I would really like to try and get back to the topic at hand, if at all possible.

Peace

Pops, sadly we do not get to judge ourselves.

Have you ever read the play, In camera, by Jean Paul Sartre? If not, it may be a wise investment.
What are you even talking about? I'm not judging myself other people are judging me needlessly. It's kind of like a defense mechanism so they don't have to accept anything that comes out of my mouth. It's a flawed rationalization process. It is based in greed in the hopes that one can continue to cling to things that simply are not true due to lack of introspect which is rationalized again by the opinion that my arguments are not even worth hearing.
30-12-2015, 09:03 AM
(30-12-2015 08:58 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 08:44 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Just to prove how you are not reading properly, you again began your sentence incorrectly.

"I know your not joking"

Should have been I know you're not joking

You seem to want to discuss subjects that are beyond you at this time. I honestly do not believe TTA forum is the place for you to practice. The only achievement in which you succeed is to annoy others. Then when their frustration appears you become angry.

I have often tried to help you, Pops. However it is difficult when you fail to grasp when people are trying to help you. Using big words does not make one intelligent or cogent. Expressing your ideas so that others can follow your train of thought is what matters.

At this point I do not understand exactly what the ideas you attempt are. I do not believe I am at fault. I would like to understand, but the way you go about it makes it impossible. It may simply be a case of your not being clear in your own mind.

Go away for a while and think about what it is you are trying to express. The members on this forum are usually quite open to new or different ideas. It is only when their time is wasted, or somebody spams the site that they become angry.

All I can really say at this point, is good luck.

Come back when you are more ready. And please do not think this post is designed to denigrate you. That is not my intention.
So let me get this straight. You honestly think that real subjects other than spelling and grammar are beyond me because I don't properly use spelling and grammar? That's some of the stupidest s*** I've ever f****** heard.

Therein lies your problem. Your own inability to express your ideas makes it impossible for others to follow your train of thought. You are like a bad musician who plays the arrangement, but hits bum notes all the time. He then wonders why the other musicians want to replace him.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
30-12-2015, 09:08 AM
(30-12-2015 09:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  What are you even talking about?

Read the play and find out.

Banjo.
30-12-2015, 09:14 AM
(30-12-2015 08:58 AM)julep Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 08:00 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I do and have supported it repeatedly. If you can't understand that as a whole if all equally do outwardly positive things for others without regard for self in All possible cases that the benefit for all of existence and negation of negative outcome for all existence would be exponentially better than where we are now then I really don't know exactly what to tell you. I wish you the best though and hope for the sake of all that eventually people will come to the realizations that will lead to peace and prosperity for all.

Existence doesn't work that way, Pops. You create a negative outcome for another living thing's existence every time you slap a mosquito.

It's immensely egotistical of you--and the opposite of selfless--to assume that anyone, anywhere, needs to be educated by you, or that no one understands your message. Your message consists of weak-minded platitudes that do nothing to advance "peace and prosperity for all."
Mosquitoes are parasites. Similar to many humans. Still though, I would attempt to brush it away or get out of its habitat prior to killing it. However drastic times call for drastic measures. Even when faced with an endless wave of mosquitoes while trying to sleep I would whew them away or use repellant( preferably one that does little negative effect to the initiate environment) as opposed to going on a rampage that wouldn't do anything but deplete energy and fatigue me more than just letting them eat, which too, I have done.

I don't think people need to learn from me expressly. They do need to wake up in general though. At least most I speak to.
30-12-2015, 09:17 AM
(30-12-2015 09:03 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 08:58 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  So let me get this straight. You honestly think that real subjects other than spelling and grammar are beyond me because I don't properly use spelling and grammar? That's some of the stupidest s*** I've ever f****** heard.

Therein lies your problem. Your own inability to express your ideas makes it impossible for others to follow your train of thought. You are like a bad musician who plays the arrangement, but hits bum notes all the time. He then wonders why the other musicians want to replace him.
I get that. I specially like the way you put it. Not too many musicians are playing the song at this moment. That will change though. Some exponentially more articulate individuals will no doubt replace me.
30-12-2015, 09:19 AM
(30-12-2015 09:08 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 09:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  What are you even talking about?

Read the play and find out.
Never been too much into theatre. Never tried reading a play though.
30-12-2015, 09:29 AM

No. You are met with contempt and animosity because you have demonstrated that you have nothing of value to offer but demand to be taken seriously. You come across as a petulant child.

Quote:Yes, most of my views differ from those of others and as such haven't been tested, and can not be verified due to lack of said testing. So is that, coupled with the general negativity that all claims are met with reason enough to not even test the claims?

It is not up to us to test your claims. You are making the claims so you have the obligation to figure out a way to support them. That you do not understand that is a huge part of your problem here. You expect to be able to throw out whatever platitudes sound good to you and have others respect you for them. It doesn't work that way. If you can't defend your claims then go away until you can.

Quote:Just throw that shit out without even putting any thought into it? Fn hate me, think I'm bat shit crazy. Don't put me off as stupid, I am far from it. Don't believe anything I say, just don't disregard it as technical ramblings of a moron.

All we have to go by is what you post and that appears to be little more than erratic, rambling, and often incoherent nonsense. I have no idea if you are stupid or not but your irrational claims and inability to express yourself clearly makes it hard to assume you aren't.

Quote:Let me put it differently; regardless of my person opinion of some of you, I still attempt to understand your perspective or views for the sake of profitable conversation. One way or another.

I do not believe you are capable of profitable conversation; at least none that can be sustained for any length of time.

Quote:If people here truly thought I was in some sort of distress, mentally, they would act differently.

No, I really do think you need professional help.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post