A Challenge to Theists, Atheists, and Agnostics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2011, 12:00 AM

RE: A Challenge to Theists, Atheists, and Agnostics
i dont't believes in god because science proves him non-existant.
i believe in science bacause if science did not exist, i would not be typing on my laptop right now posting this mesage.

thats all i can say
Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2011, 04:16 AM
Quote:i dont't believes in god because science proves him non-existant.
That's a huge claim, especially because you wrote 'god' with a lower case.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2015, 02:44 PM
(16-01-2011 03:13 PM)SecularStudent Wrote:  "Why do I believe in god?"
Because He gave me gift of faith.
Why did He give this gift to a former atheist who mocked believers?
I still do not know. But I guess He knew that when He gives me this gift I will use it.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
09-08-2015, 02:46 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2015 03:47 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
Holy necro post revival! a reply on a post last replied to back in Jan 2011! Nicely done! The guy you replied to hasnt been on the forum since 2012....

[Image: 6p6cuw.png]

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
09-08-2015, 02:51 PM
(09-08-2015 02:46 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Holy necro post revival! a reply on a post last replied to back in 2011! Nicely done! The guy you replied to hasnt been on the forum since 2012....

were you a bully in school?
you are coward

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
09-08-2015, 02:52 PM
You are a hyper-sensitive little flower, aren't you?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
09-08-2015, 03:04 PM
(09-08-2015 02:51 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 02:46 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Holy necro post revival! a reply on a post last replied to back in 2011! Nicely done! The guy you replied to hasnt been on the forum since 2012....

were you a bully in school?
you are coward

Consider

Interesting, so when I point out the obvious, suddenly I am a school bully....oh you poor thing. Here let me carry your books for you and buy you a chocolate milk in the school cafeteria at lunch today... I hope you have lots of books, for you have much to learn yet. You seem to be a bit sensitive today....you know you brought this upon yourself...you who flutters around the forum making smug little knowledge claims and posits of which you can not validate or substantiate. Toughen up princess, no one is attacking you.

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
09-08-2015, 03:44 PM
[Image: th?id=JN.8ZNhahPgbhldlpUXwtcRVg&...mp;amp;P=0]

[Image: th?id=JN.UsekKeZWsU%2buDGPmRaqF0Q&am...mp;amp;P=0]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
09-08-2015, 03:48 PM
My other favorite Tongue

[Image: 1zgei0.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
09-08-2015, 03:49 PM
(16-01-2011 03:13 PM)SecularStudent Wrote:  Okay, I have a challenge for all theists, atheists, and agnostics on this site. I want you to start by asking yourself why you believe or don't believe what you do. Then, keep asking yourself why you gave the answer that you gave, until you cannot come up with another question or answer.

For example, if you are a theist, I would like you to start with:
"Why do I believe in god?"
Say, for example, the answer is:
"Because the [insert name of holy book here] tells me he is real."
The next question, then, would be:
"Why do I choose to believe this book?"

The catch is that you cannot use an answer more than once. So, if you've already used the answer "the Bible tells me so", then you cannot use it again. The key here is to avoid circular arguments and try to get to the root of your belief/unbelief. I was originally going to just challenge the theists who come to this site, but I thought it would be beneficial for everybody to objectively question their opinions. I am still in the process of asking these questions to myself, so I'll post my answer(s) when I come up with them Tongue

Also, if anybody has any other ideas/suggestions to add to this, feel free Big Grin

Atheists don't hold any beliefs concerning deities. Atheism is the absence of belief, just like asymmetry is the absence of symmetry.

Atheists do value many things, but just like theists or anyone, there are as many values and degrees of importance of them as there individuals.

I guess I don't get what this is about.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.