A Challenge to Theists, Atheists, and Agnostics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2015, 03:58 PM
RE: A Challenge to Theists, Atheists, and Agnostics
Q: Why don't I believe in gods?
A: Because I don't recognise the god definition as being sufficiently formed.

Q: What criteria do I think the god definition fails on regarding a sufficiently formed definition?
A:
Because I haven't seen a god definition that includes criteria that can be objectively and consistently observed.
Because I haven't seen a god definition that includes falsifiable criteria that can be can be objectively and consistently observed and would be expected to falsify the god definition but through observation does not falsify it.
Because I haven't seen a god definition that explains how a god came to be and came to be knowledgeable prior to the existence of objects, data and information.
Because I haven't seen a god definition that explains how a god can exist and be made of nothing.
Because I haven't seen a god definition that explains how a god can have dominion over existence (manipulate energy/matter) without making use of the four fundamental forces. Manipulation of energy/matter) via a thought(without a brain) or a word (without a mouth, tongue, larynx, lungs) is unprecedented.

Q: Why do I consider a definition to require criteria that is supported objectively and consistently observation? a definition to require falsifiable criteria that would expect observation to show it falsified but no such observation is ever made?
A: Because I recognise that annecdotal stories easily come to incorrect conclusions.
Because I recognise the issues with a single person (with their personal beliefs and ambitions) making a lone observation and conclusion.
Because I recognise the importance of actual observation/evidence rather than pure philosophical musings.
Because I don't trust the "personal experience" or "self evident" or "innate" or "intuitive" arguments.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply