A Chinese memory of the past 30 years

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2013, 12:15 AM
RE: A Chinese memory of the past 30 years
(31-12-2013 12:02 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 02:12 PM)morondog Wrote:  I thought it was kinda cute Smile I wish you'd tell us what the images are of though - I recognized maybe 3... it's incredible that a whole culture seems to have totally passed us out West by... I wonder if a similar set of images for Western culture would be recognizable to the average Chinese guy ?

Your wish fulfilled. Tongue

Thanks for taking the time out to do this Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
31-12-2013, 05:57 AM
Quote:1989
The rock star CUI Jian's song of 一无所有(Nothing to My Name) played for the activist on the Tiananmen Square in the protests. Of course, the protests have other names like the Tiananmen Square Slaughter / Massacre / Insurgency / Riot / Rebellion / Crackdown / Reorganization / Incident, depending on different points of view.
The Little Tigers, a Taiwanese boy band, issued their first album 新年快乐(Happy New Year)

Oh, it was a music festival then? Army was there for the crowd's amusement?

What was it in your point of view?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
31-12-2013, 06:41 AM
(31-12-2013 05:57 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Oh, it was a music festival then? Army was there for the crowd's amusement?

The People's Liberation Army was there to make sure the people stay liberated. So they used a tank to maintain the liberation of the people? So what? Tianamen Square is large, there was plenty of room for the tank, the band and the audience. The man in front of the tank was saying, "Stop driving the tank and come out and enjoy the music". He insisted they stop by standing in front of the tank. But the tank crew didn't get out because they enjoyed driving the tank. Chinese pop band or Tank: it's not that easy a choice because the tank would be fun to drive. No, it wasn't a music festival, it was a concert--with a tank.

It's polictical correctness gone mad when you can't have a tank in a public square without all sorts of innuendo and insinuation. Next you'll be saying that China is undemocratic and runs sham elections.

You are spreading counter-revolutionary Western imperialist propaganda.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chippy's post
31-12-2013, 07:08 AM (This post was last modified: 31-12-2013 07:15 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
(31-12-2013 06:41 AM)Chippy Wrote:  
(31-12-2013 05:57 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Oh, it was a music festival then? Army was there for the crowd's amusement?

The People's Liberation Army was there to make sure the people stay liberated. So they used a tank to maintain the liberation of the people? So what? Tianamen Square is large, there was plenty of room for the tank, the band and the audience. The man in front of the tank was saying, "Stop driving the tank and come out and enjoy the music". He insisted they stop by standing in front of the tank. But the tank crew didn't get out because they enjoyed driving the tank. Chinese pop band or Tank: it's not that easy a choice because the tank would be fun to drive. No, it wasn't a music festival, it was a concert--with a tank.

It's polictical correctness gone mad when you can't have a tank in a public square without all sorts of innuendo and insinuation. Next you'll be saying that China is undemocratic and runs sham elections.

You are spreading counter-revolutionary Western imperialist propaganda.

I recommend a free game called World of Tanks, if you are also a tank lover. Without implications, I consider Type 59 as one of my favorite in the game.

Want something? Then do something.
31-12-2013, 07:12 AM
(31-12-2013 05:57 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
Quote:1989
The rock star CUI Jian's song of 一无所有(Nothing to My Name) played for the activist on the Tiananmen Square in the protests. Of course, the protests have other names like the Tiananmen Square Slaughter / Massacre / Insurgency / Riot / Rebellion / Crackdown / Reorganization / Incident, depending on different points of view.
The Little Tigers, a Taiwanese boy band, issued their first album 新年快乐(Happy New Year)

Oh, it was a music festival then? Army was there for the crowd's amusement?

First, do some descent googling first, please, will you ?

Second, I said in another thread that the essence of relations is benefit. Before your thoughts are sophisticated enough and prove worthy, I decline to provide my point of view on this to you with all due respect.

31-12-2013, 07:21 AM
(31-12-2013 12:15 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(31-12-2013 12:02 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Your wish fulfilled. Tongue

Thanks for taking the time out to do this Smile

You are a Mod, right ?

I can't edit the first post now. Will you please add the picture below as a supplement to the Year 2013 ?

[Image: 88c25655jw1ec36nv81x7j20c83yenfo.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post
31-12-2013, 07:26 AM
(31-12-2013 07:21 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(31-12-2013 12:15 AM)morondog Wrote:  Thanks for taking the time out to do this Smile

You are a Mod, right ?

I can't edit the first post now. Will you please add the picture below as a supplement to the Year 2013 ?

I am no longer a mod Tongue But I'll alert the relevant Commissar Big Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
31-12-2013, 07:29 AM
When I am in China what I see is:
[Image: Pleasant_Goat_and_Big_Big_Wolf.jpg]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleasant_Go...g_Big_Wolf

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
31-12-2013, 07:30 AM

So you don't mind some Japanese influence then? Smile

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
31-12-2013, 07:35 AM (This post was last modified: 31-12-2013 07:49 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
(31-12-2013 07:30 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  

So you don't mind some Japanese influence then? Smile

Not at all.

And I pretty much admire the work of the Japanese Right Wing hardcores. I definitely intend to pay them one day, in a peaceful form of course, unless they prefer otherwise.

(31-12-2013 07:29 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  When I am in China what I see is:
[Image: Pleasant_Goat_and_Big_Big_Wolf.jpg]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleasant_Go...g_Big_Wolf

A 9-year-old BBQed and seriously burnt 2 of his friends in his mimicking a scene of this cartoon series ...
I prefer Star Trek.