A Christian Nation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2012, 03:39 PM
A Christian Nation

I believe we need to remember that this is not Christian America but the United States of America.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2012, 04:37 PM
RE: A Christian Nation
2 hours long? Well... not going to watch all of that... can you summarize it?

Or is it just "people saying we're a christian nation" with "some titles and people saying we're not with the proof?"
15-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Well an interesting part is at 22:40.

It is rather long but yes it shows a lack of understanding these fundamentalist Christians have about anything and people who reveal what the truth actually is.

Still, its a good video.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
15-05-2012, 06:12 PM
I thought it was a good documentary. Quite the flock that they have down there in King, which if I remember, is in North Carolina. After watching it and considering the recent ban on same sex amendment to their state constitution, it becomes obvious why that vote turned out the way it did.

Here's the crib notes:

From the author: When I was given a DVD of a protest rally in the small town of King, near where I live, I was shocked by the sight of five thousand people waving Christian Flags and cheering one of the speakers when he said that everyone there should “encourage” those who weren’t Christian in the area to move somewhere else.

My first reaction was anger and I told my wife, Susan, we were going to put our house up for sale the next day and move somewhere more tolerant. But the next morning, I decided that I would do something else first. I took my video camera down to the Veteran’s Memorial in King’s Public Park and started interviewing people.

I learned that the rally had been ignited by a returning Afghanistan Veteran who threatened to sue the town if they didn’t remove the Christian Flag from the public Veteran’s Memorial.

I was surprised that most residents believed that Separation of Church and State is a myth and that the Founders intended this to be an officially Christian Nation. They quoted so many historical facts from a man named David Barton to back up their claims, that I really wondered if what I’d taken for granted might be incorrect.

And thus began a year-and-a-half journey in my spare time to find out the truth and source of the idea of Separation of Church and State, as well as interviews with half a dozen different religious groups in the area about what and why they believed what they do. The story quickly became as much about what we believe about God as what we believe about the Founders of the United States — and how we evaluate truth itself.
15-05-2012, 08:33 PM
I was forwarded an email recently that is calling for holding social welfare, Medicare, Medicaid, etc, from anyone who does not proclaim themselves a Christian. They claim that the 86% needs to take back their country. Where have we heard this before? 1930 Germany?
They now have their own flag? This means they are ready for war. I was wondering when they would radicalize and it appears to be very soon.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.