A Christian girl with Down syndrome may face death in Pakistan.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2012, 10:29 AM
RE: Girl with Down Syndrome has been arrested on blasphemy charges in Pakistan.
Come on guys, deep down in our hearts we all know that Islam is the religion of peace, right? Right?

Fucking scumbags. Censored

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
21-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Ghost,

I can't agree with you. There is a huge difference between executing someone for religious non-belief and executing someone for committing heinous crimes. A violent serial killer, for example, cannot be allowed back on the streets. So the choices are to either lock the killer away permanently or execute him/her. The first has the unfortunate risk that they will one way or another end up back on the streets again. Even if they don't, there is a cost involved of maintaining them in prison for the rest of their life. What's the point of that? They would also take up a cell that might be needed for someone serving a temporary sentence. The main argument against capital punishment is that some innocent people are convicted. But what about in cases where there is absolutely no doubt?

You don't even have to agree with the concept of capital punishment for violent criminals to at least recognize that executing someone for their personal beliefs is a whole other animal.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
21-08-2012, 10:40 AM
(20-08-2012 09:12 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Americans can't shit on Pakistan for using capital punishment because 33 states and the federal government execute people on a regular basis. I personally think that capital punishment is abhorrent and I will fight tooth and nail if anyone ever tries to institute it in Canada.

Americans cannot shit on Pakistan for executing the mentally retarded because it happens in the US frequently despite it being ruled illegal on the grounds of it being cruel and unusual punishment.
Am I allowed to shit on Pakistan? Consider We banned capital punishment in '49.

21-08-2012, 11:00 AM
(21-08-2012 10:40 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Am I allowed to shit on Pakistan? Consider We banned capital punishment in '49.

Yes. And please do.Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-08-2012, 11:02 AM
RE: A Christian girl with Down syndrome may face death in Pakistan.
Hey, Vosur.

No. You are however allowed to, in equal measure, shit on every country that sanctions capital punishment.

Hey, Impulse.

You've presented a culturally biased argument. Also a false one. 1 - People are executed all over the world, the US included, for non-heinous crimes. 2 - A mentally retarded man with the intellect of a 5 year old is not held accountable the same way you or I are.

While I agree with you that there is a difference between executing someon efor murder or for something like treason, sedition, or speaking out against government/religion, the real argument is, should capital punishment be used at all? What constitutes a crime is a seperate argument. Of course I don't think blasphemy should be illegal, but like I said, the world is complex, not simple.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
21-08-2012, 11:23 AM
This is not the first seed of poison Pakistan has planted into the heir Christian citizens. On May 21, 2012 a pregnant 13 year old Christian girl named Nosheen Masih in Pakistan, a country of a reported 96% Muslim territory suffered the physical torment of gang raped induced miscarriage of her unborn twins at the hands of an untold number of Muslim men and is to expect no justice from Punjab Province’s Narowal district authority because of bias ruling based on the influence of one of the accuser’s father, in a country that easily singles out Christianity in such cases that by designing the perfect counter assessment, in this one in particular representing the image of the victim as an irresponsible sex fiend committing the act of adultery, the Islamic identity is sustained and the poorer cannot interfere. The Catholic church is no different, they are only lucky enough that underage boys are not able to bear children and permanently scar their ever growing reputation of God-fearing pedophilia, truly God has shone that light upon their hats.

It was not to be a case of religion against religion or of biblical justice for the girl. However it is pitifully obvious to be such a turnaround effect for the perpetrators, not that it would have been any different had the victim been Muslim (I am certain it might have actually been worse, given the Quran’s permissible warranties against the female race.), but the circumstance nonetheless offers no apology. Had such a crime in the United States, given if the victim was Muslim and the rapists were all Christian, Conservative interference would have had become golden to their defense and ended no different because of America’s constant need to lay blame to 9/11 on the entire Muslim population. 9/11 has become an excuse for foreign hatred, instead of the reason to hold merit to the resolution of difference, as well as acknowledgment in that for the government’s religious claims (which outnumbers dramatically the entire compliment of simply just doing their elected duties.) and FOX’s constant strive to discredit atheists with Conservative bullying, the people who suffer consequence the most are everyone in between.

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]
21-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Meh, to be fair such people are only a burden on society anyways.
21-08-2012, 01:18 PM
(21-08-2012 01:14 PM)Diablo Wrote:  Meh, to be fair such people are only a burden on society anyways.

[Image: tnOQi.png]

[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
21-08-2012, 01:23 PM
(21-08-2012 01:14 PM)Diablo Wrote:  Meh, to be fair such people are only a burden on society anyways.

Meh, to be fair someone could say you are only a burden on society.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-08-2012, 03:00 PM
(21-08-2012 11:02 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Impulse.

You've presented a culturally biased argument. Also a false one. 1 - People are executed all over the world, the US included, for non-heinous crimes. 2 - A mentally retarded man with the intellect of a 5 year old is not held accountable the same way you or I are.

While I agree with you that there is a difference between executing someon efor murder or for something like treason, sedition, or speaking out against government/religion, the real argument is, should capital punishment be used at all? What constitutes a crime is a seperate argument. Of course I don't think blasphemy should be illegal, but like I said, the world is complex, not simple.
You referred specifically to the US so I replied specifically about the US. Capital punishment in the US is only for heinous crimes and, even then, only after potentially multiple appeals by the convict haven't reversed the sentence. That's why criminals on "death row" often aren't executed for 20 or 30 years after their sentence. When has capital punishment legally been used in the US for non-heinous crimes?

Regarding the rightness or wrongness of capital punishment itself, that's a whole other conversation and I don't want to side-track this thread on it. I gave the limited argument above only to illustrate that your comparison of the practice in Pakistan with the the one in the US is an invalid one.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair