A Christian's response to"An atheist's critique of the Bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2014, 05:23 PM
RE: A Christian's response to"An atheist's critique of the Bible
(23-06-2014 05:22 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  
(23-06-2014 05:14 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Review my arguments in their respective threads at your leisure.

Nah, I've hit my bullshit quota for today.

Ok.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2014, 05:45 PM
(23-06-2014 05:13 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(23-06-2014 03:22 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  If you wanted hard gnostic arguments saying that God does not exist then you could have debated me in the boxing ring. Instead you refused using the excuse that it was impossible to absolutely prove one way or another.

I do not believe it is possible to prove the existence or non-existence of God with 100% certainty.

That is not going to keep me from requiring atheists to support the truth claims they make.

He said God does not exist, so I want some evidence.

Man just when I was really trying to be more understanding and calm when reading posts from arrogant theists. YOU ARE MAKING THE EXTRAORDINARY CLAIM OF A DIVINE BEING - proof is on you for the friggin billionth time. You seem to hold that any minute possibility equates to god exists. Do you think evidence is needed to prove nonexistence? OK, prove to me first that there are no bigfoot beasts living in Texas. What approach do you take? Thought so!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 4 users Like Timber1025's post
23-06-2014, 05:52 PM
(23-06-2014 05:03 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  [quote='pablo628' pid='597677' dateline='1403559142']
Quote:Until you can prove your truth claim that god exists, there is no reason to discuss anything that presupposes gods exists!

Tell this to Bucky. He is the atheist who is asking me to explain the basis for God's commands.

Why don't you provide answers and a valid argument to Bucky's questions? No philosophical woo, some concrete evidence that god interacts with humans at anytime in history. I am sure he would respectfully acknowledge any solid proof you can present, but after all this time - nada!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 3 users Like Timber1025's post
23-06-2014, 06:16 PM
(23-06-2014 05:45 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(23-06-2014 05:13 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I do not believe it is possible to prove the existence or non-existence of God with 100% certainty.

That is not going to keep me from requiring atheists to support the truth claims they make.

He said God does not exist, so I want some evidence.

Man just when I was really trying to be more understanding and calm when reading posts from arrogant theists. YOU ARE MAKING THE EXTRAORDINARY CLAIM OF A DIVINE BEING - proof is on you for the friggin billionth time. You seem to hold that any minute possibility equates to god exists. Do you think evidence is needed to prove nonexistence? OK, prove to me first that there are no bigfoot beasts living in Texas. What approach do you take? Thought so!

Dude chill out bro. The man said God does not exist.

He needs to give some evidence for that. That is all I am saying.

Now if he does not want to shoulder the burden then he should retract the statement.

As for myself, I have several lines of evidence for the existence of God. None of which you have really dealt with. So just relax bro, its not the end of the world ok?
23-06-2014, 06:18 PM
(23-06-2014 05:52 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(23-06-2014 05:03 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Tell this to Bucky. He is the atheist who is asking me to explain the basis for God's commands.

Why don't you provide answers and a valid argument to Bucky's questions? No philosophical woo, some concrete evidence that god interacts with humans at anytime in history. I am sure he would respectfully acknowledge any solid proof you can present, but after all this time - nada!

Bucky does not need to be asking me the questions he is asking me. He does not believe God exists. So he does not need to be asking me about what God's basis is for His commands.

Something that even Pablo was keen enough to understand.
23-06-2014, 06:21 PM
Quote:As for myself, I have several lines of evidence for the existence of God.

Then you are the first person in history to do so.
You should contact James Randi, he'll give you money for your "proof."
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
23-06-2014, 06:24 PM
(23-06-2014 06:21 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  
Quote:As for myself, I have several lines of evidence for the existence of God.

Then you are the first person in history to do so.

Arguments for the existence of God have been around for centuries. Since I am only 29, it is not possible that I could be the first person in history to defend them.
23-06-2014, 06:27 PM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2014 09:40 PM by Leo.)
(23-06-2014 06:24 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(23-06-2014 06:21 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  Then you are the first person in history to do so.

Arguments for the existence of God have been around for centuries. Since I am only 29, it is not possible that I could be the first person in history to defend them.

Yep but those arguments are pathetic and those arguments are already refuted a million times.Yes
[+] 4 users Like Leo's post
23-06-2014, 06:28 PM
(23-06-2014 06:24 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(23-06-2014 06:21 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  Then you are the first person in history to do so.

Defense is not proof you dishonest fuck. Now shoo.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
23-06-2014, 06:36 PM
(23-06-2014 03:03 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  You have yet to provide an argument or evidence for your truth claim. You claim that the Old and New Testament texts are not divinely inspired.

It's unnecessary. Inspiration was not the criteria for inclusion in the canon (which you would know if you had ever studied the Bible), AND Timothy (3:16) "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking," when there WAS no OT or NT so your point is both irrelevant and unnecessary.

(23-06-2014 03:03 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  To argue that this fact necessarily means that the texts are not divinely inspired is a non-sequitur.

No it's not a "non-sequitur". You need to look up the meaning of that label.

(23-06-2014 03:03 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Saying that the bible is not divinely inspired because it was written by humans is not an argument, it is a truth claim.

ONLY to a Pesuppositionalist, such as yourself. The CLAIM is that it's inspired. The opposite is default unless demonstrated.

(23-06-2014 03:03 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  The criteria are the moral superlative attributes of God. God essentially is good, just, loving, compassionate, longsuffering etc. etc.

Just another restated/rehashed evasion. I asked for the ORIGINS of the "moral superlative attributes". You don't even get the question, or what Euthyphro's Dilemma was asking, as your head is so far up your Presuppositionist ass.

(23-06-2014 03:03 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  What reasons or arguments do you have for thinking the above to be true?

Thanks for demonstrating you have no answer to that.

(23-06-2014 03:03 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I have provided several arguments for the existence of God.

You have not. You're provided bullshit, and NOT ONE person here agrees they are proof of anything. There are no "proofs" or arguments for god. St. Paul told you faith was a gift, and Jebus told you "No one shall come to me UNLESS the Father draw him". Seems your capricious deity didn't draw some of us, and seems YOU think YOU know better than your Jebus ("For many are called but few are chosen").

(23-06-2014 03:03 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Who said a human being could? I certainly did not.

YOU said that was the job of a human, you lying troll.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post