A Christian's response to"An atheist's critique of the Bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2014, 08:02 PM
RE: A Christian's response to"An atheist's critique of the Bible
(23-06-2014 07:56 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(23-06-2014 07:27 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  It's "Claus" bro, not "Clause" O Sane One.

A Santa Claus hat and a philosophical argument for the existence of God in the form of a deductive syllogism are not exactly comparable.

The Kalam I am sure will stand up to sane scrutiny. I can PM it to you and let you mull over it a bit.

Prove Santa Claus isn't real, then! Right now!
If you can't feel free to reply to this post with a simple "you win" Drinking Beverage

No, seriously! Prove my lord and savior Santa Claus doesn't exist! No? I win Drinking Beverage

If he comes back, he'll just say it's his bedtime and that he will PM you tomorrow.
That's his M.O.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like pablo's post
23-06-2014, 08:09 PM
He has to also prove to me that bigfoot does not exist in Texas. I could present a philosophical argument as to why there could be one or two running around, but according to Jeremy the burden of proof is on him, the recipient of the claim. Hey, you could also take care of the lockness monster while you are at it - they even have photos of that thing so may be a little tougher.Wink

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 3 users Like Timber1025's post
23-06-2014, 08:50 PM
(23-06-2014 06:16 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(23-06-2014 05:45 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Man just when I was really trying to be more understanding and calm when reading posts from arrogant theists. YOU ARE MAKING THE EXTRAORDINARY CLAIM OF A DIVINE BEING - proof is on you for the friggin billionth time. You seem to hold that any minute possibility equates to god exists. Do you think evidence is needed to prove nonexistence? OK, prove to me first that there are no bigfoot beasts living in Texas. What approach do you take? Thought so!

Dude chill out bro. The man said God does not exist.

He needs to give some evidence for that. That is all I am saying.

Now if he does not want to shoulder the burden then he should retract the statement.

The evidence is YOU IDIOT APOLOGISTS' ABJECT FAILURE TO BACK YOUR CLAIM THAT IT EXISTS WITH EVEN THE SLIGHTEST SHRED OF EVIDENCE.

QEDSTFU.

Quote:As for myself, I have several lines of evidence for the existence of God. None of which you have really dealt with. So just relax bro, its not the end of the world ok?

YOU DO NOT HAVE A SINGLE SHRED OF EVIDENCE, ASSHOLE. ARGUMENTS, PARTICULARLY THE SORT OF BULLSHIT PSEUDOARGUMENTS YOU ARE PANDERING, ARE NOT EVIDENCE.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
23-06-2014, 08:54 PM
(23-06-2014 06:18 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(23-06-2014 05:52 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Why don't you provide answers and a valid argument to Bucky's questions? No philosophical woo, some concrete evidence that god interacts with humans at anytime in history. I am sure he would respectfully acknowledge any solid proof you can present, but after all this time - nada!

Bucky does not need to be asking me the questions he is asking me. He does not believe God exists. So he does not need to be asking me about what God's basis is for His commands.

Something that even Pablo was keen enough to understand.

Bucky is humoring you for the moment in to expose the idiocy of your claims, and you are too fucking stupid to get it.

(23-06-2014 06:24 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(23-06-2014 06:21 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  Then you are the first person in history to do so.
You should contact James Randi, he'll give you money for your "proof."

Arguments for the existence of God have been around for centuries. Since I am only 29, it is not possible that I could be the first person in history to defend them.

ARGUMENTS ARE NOT EVIDENCE, YOU LYING ASSWIPE.

23-06-2014, 09:15 PM
(23-06-2014 06:56 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(23-06-2014 06:28 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  Defense is not proof you dishonest fuck. Now shoo.

Consider

Consider

Facepalm

Philosophical arguments for the existence of God are presented as one type of evidence for the existence of God. They have been used by Christian philosophers and scientists for centuries.

YOUR BULLSHIT ARGUMENTS ARE NOT EVIDENCE.

23-06-2014, 09:16 PM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2014 09:19 PM by pablo.)
Quote:Something that even Pablo was keen enough to understand. Laughat

Yea I'm the dumb one Jer. Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
23-06-2014, 09:18 PM
(23-06-2014 07:25 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(23-06-2014 07:06 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  They are not, and never will be proof.
Defense of something is not proof of it.
Either you are being intentionally dishonest, or you are so stupid you can't grasp simple ideas.
Which is it?

I did not say defense of something is proof of something.

I said arguments for the existence of God are evidences for the existence of God.

"EVIDENCES" IS NOT A PLURAL NOUN, DIPSHIT.

23-06-2014, 10:12 PM
(23-06-2014 07:25 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I said arguments for the existence of God Leprechaun Man are evidence for the existence of God Leprechaun Man.

Oops.

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 3 users Like Im_Ryan's post
23-06-2014, 11:02 PM
(23-06-2014 07:27 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(23-06-2014 07:09 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  And if I present you with this...
[Image: santa-hat1.jpg]
Will you finally believe Santa Clause is lord?

This "evidence" I'm attempting to present is in my defense of Santa Claus (which is itself proof that Santa is real, apparently) kinda sucks, huh?

I wonder what kind of dipshit would believe that could convince anyone, much less stand up to sane scrutiny Consider

It's "Claus" bro, not "Clause" O Sane One.

A Santa Claus hat and a philosophical argument for the existence of God in the form of a deductive syllogism are not exactly comparable.

That is correct. A Santa Claus hat is real, and FAR more evidential than your bullshit pseudoarguments.

Quote:The Kalam I am sure will stand up to sane scrutiny.

Your bullshit cosmo argument has failed to stand up to even the most casual SANE scrutiny here. You wouldn't miss that fact if you didn't have your head up your fucking ass.

24-06-2014, 12:43 AM
(23-06-2014 05:13 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(23-06-2014 03:22 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  If you wanted hard gnostic arguments saying that God does not exist then you could have debated me in the boxing ring. Instead you refused using the excuse that it was impossible to absolutely prove one way or another.

I do not believe it is possible to prove the existence or non-existence of God with 100% certainty.

That is not going to keep me from requiring atheists to support the truth claims they make.

He said God does not exist, so I want some evidence.

Yet you did not ask for evidence or anything less than 100% certainty from me making the statement that God does not exist. This despite me telling you that I was leaving it up to you to determine the level of 'proof'. Yet you still refused to debate me in the boxing ring because it does not suit your agenda of making it look like the question of God's existence is still open.

Going back to what you were originally saying despite previously having to change your argument is a hallmark of a troll.

P.S. God does not exist
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post