A Christian's response to"An atheist's critique of the Bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2014, 12:50 AM
RE: A Christian's response to"An atheist's critique of the Bible
(23-06-2014 06:16 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  As for myself, I have several lines of evidence for the existence of God. None of which you have really dealt with. So just relax bro, its not the end of the world ok?

And if that's the only level of so-called 'evidence' that we need then I can take those lines and rearrange them to provide even more 'evidence' that God does not exist.

You know this and don't want to be in a position where you have to refute them, which is why you are avoiding a boxing ring match with me. Yet you are demanding 'proof' from Bucky knowing that he is personally an agnostic atheist.

This is evidence of you shifting the goal posts and being a hypocrite. These are typical traits of a troll.

P.S God does not exist
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
24-06-2014, 01:01 AM
(23-06-2014 06:56 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(23-06-2014 06:28 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  Defense is not proof you dishonest fuck. Now shoo.

Philosophical arguments for the existence of God are presented as one type of evidence for the existence of God. They have been used by Christian philosophers and scientists for centuries.

No one cares about Christian philosophers. They have an agenda and hobble themselves by deliberately avoiding certain questions.

Citation required for scientists using 'philosophical arguments for the existence of God' as evidence. You probably won't even be able to provide references for scientists using philosophical arguments as evidence.

The role of philosophical arguments in science is to check the logical consistency of a hypothesis and the direction the field is going in. But until those hypotheses are backed up by observational evidence they are only ever a hypothesis. For example, there are a myriad of theories from astrophysicists about alternate universes, the nature of space etc, most of them as logically consistent as each other. Yet every one of those physicists will be proposing those models with the intention of relying on hard data to determine which one is correct.

This is why the Large Hadron Collider was created rather than just assuming that Peter Higgs was correct. Something that never happens with Christian philosophers.

P.S God does not exist
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
24-06-2014, 01:08 AM
(23-06-2014 07:27 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  The Kalam I am sure will stand up to sane scrutiny. I can PM it to you and let you mull over it a bit.

Evidence of trollish behaviour by ignoring a whole history of posts where he has presented the Kalam argument and it has not stood up to scrutiny.

In fact I think we need a thread entirely devoted to the myriad of ways in which the Kalam Cosmological argument can be refuted so that we can just post a link every time Jeremy pushes it as 'evidence' that stands up to scrutiny. Everybody must promise not to respond to Jeremy on it though as otherwise he will deliberately try to derail the thread or drown it out in bullshit to hide the arguments. Hmm maybe we should have it as a boxing match with two people proposing the best way to refute it? That way we can get Jeremy's posts deleted.

P.S God does not exist
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
24-06-2014, 04:08 AM
(23-06-2014 06:59 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(23-06-2014 06:36 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's unnecessary. Inspiration was not the criteria for inclusion in the canon (which you would know if you had ever studied the Bible), AND Timothy (3:16) "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking," when there WAS no OT or NT so your point is both irrelevant and unnecessary.

No it's not a "non-sequitur". You need to look up the meaning of that label.

ONLY to a Pesuppositionalist, such as yourself. The CLAIM is that it's inspired. The opposite is default unless demonstrated.

Just another restated/rehashed evasion. I asked for the ORIGINS of the "moral superlative attributes". You don't even get the question, or what Euthyphro's Dilemma was asking, as your head is so far up your Presuppositionist ass.

Thanks for demonstrating you have no answer to that.

You have not. You're provided bullshit, and NOT ONE person here agrees they are proof of anything. There are no "proofs" or arguments for god. St. Paul told you faith was a gift, and Jebus told you "No one shall come to me UNLESS the Father draw him". Seems your capricious deity didn't draw some of us, and seems YOU think YOU know better than your Jebus ("For many are called but few are chosen").

YOU said that was the job of a human, you lying troll.

Do you want to be drawn by Christ and to become so enamored by His goodness that you desire nothing more than to present your life as a living sacrifice to Him?

Umm. Not so much.
BTW, the *father* does the drawing. Not the dead Jebus. That's the recipe. Get it right. Unlike you, my parents and grandparents raised us to think for ourselves, be kind to others, and basically treat others with respect, so we don't have to live the rest of our lives in reflexive guilt-ridden self-loathing disrespect, needing delusional
escape mechanisms, unlike yourself, and your friends.

Maybe some day, you'll be free from your past, and your poor choices. I won't hold my breath.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-06-2014, 04:13 AM
(23-06-2014 06:59 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Do you want to be drawn by Christ and to become so enamored by His goodness that you desire nothing more than to present your life as a living sacrifice to Him?

Sounds like a Master / slave relationship to me but without the physical intimacy.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
24-06-2014, 04:21 AM
Or limits/safewords.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
[+] 4 users Like Charis's post
24-06-2014, 04:46 AM
(24-06-2014 04:08 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(23-06-2014 06:59 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Do you want to be drawn by Christ and to become so enamored by His goodness that you desire nothing more than to present your life as a living sacrifice to Him?

Umm. Not so much.
BTW, the *father* does the drawing. Not the dead Jebus. That's the recipe. Get it right. Unlike you, my parents and grandparents raised us to think for ourselves, be kind to others, and basically treat others with respect, so we don't have to live the rest of our lives in reflexive guilt-ridden self-loathing disrespect, needing delusional

Maybe some day, you'll be free from your past, and your poor choices. I won't hold my breath.

So why are you whining and complaining about not being drawn by God if that is not even something you want?
24-06-2014, 04:52 AM
(24-06-2014 04:46 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(24-06-2014 04:08 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Umm. Not so much.

So why are you whining and complaining about not being drawn by God if that is not even something you want?

What kind of an idiot comes to an atheist forum and asks an atheist if he wants to be drawn by god?
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
24-06-2014, 05:02 AM
(24-06-2014 04:52 AM)pablo628 Wrote:  What kind of an idiot comes to an atheist forum and asks an atheist if he wants to be drawn by god?

Notice that he did not ask

"Did you ever want to be drawn by Christ and to become so enamored by His goodness that you desired nothing more than to present your life as a living sacrifice to Him?"

... because then he would probably have had some people saying yes but they still ended up as atheists. And that's not something he wants revealed in his quest to dissuade potential new atheists.
24-06-2014, 05:49 AM
(24-06-2014 04:52 AM)pablo628 Wrote:  
(24-06-2014 04:46 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  So why are you whining and complaining about not being drawn by God if that is not even something you want?

What kind of an idiot comes to an atheist forum and asks an atheist if he wants to be drawn by god?

What kind of atheist complains about not being drawn by God?