RE: A Crossroad: An email to a church member
Hmmm, no response from my last email.

That doesn't bode well.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2013, 09:23 AM
(11-12-2013 09:20 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Hmmm, no response from my last email.

That doesn't bode well.

relax man, it will be what it will be. Freaking out over something that has not happened yet is counter-productive. If he reacts poorly to it then you can figure out what to do until then withhold panic.

[Image: keep-calm-and-don-t-stress-7.png]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
11-12-2013, 09:25 AM
he's probably been busy just repeating to himself 'holy fucking shit' Smile

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 5 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
11-12-2013, 09:32 AM
(11-12-2013 09:23 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

That doesn't bode well.

relax man, it will be what it will be. Freaking out over something that has not happened yet is counter-productive. If he reacts poorly to it then you can figure out what to do until then withhold panic.

[Image: keep-calm-and-don-t-stress-7.png]

I know, I know. Thanks.

Not trying to stress over it, but I really don't want a big drama filled event. I simply want to retain his friendship and move on with my life.

(11-12-2013 09:25 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  he's probably been busy just repeating to himself 'holy fucking shit' Smile

Heh, yeah... I think this might be a unique experience for him... as I doubt he's had to respond to something like that.

11-12-2013, 09:34 AM
Give it some time KC, this is probably a lot to take in for your friend. This could have closed his mind even more or it may have opened it up just a bit. My guess would be the former, but I suppose there's hope it's the latter.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
11-12-2013, 09:42 AM
Maybe the lunch was supposed to be an intervention - but most likely, since you gave him permission to talk to xxx about it, there is conversation going on there. Patience. Smile

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
11-12-2013, 09:45 AM

That doesn't bode well.

Ah, no worries. I'm sure part of him wants to support you while, another part of him wants to do exactly what you asked him not to and form a rescue party to rally, quote scripture, and pray at you until your mind has been sufficiently bludgeoned and stuffed back into the box.

He's just weighing his options. Even then, no worries - the longer he weighs it all out ... the more it will weigh on his own mind ... and then, questions can begin.

Just a thought, since you mentioned the forum we just might get a few of your curious congregation fellows showing up. One never knows. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
11-12-2013, 09:49 AM
(11-12-2013 09:45 AM)kim Wrote:  

That doesn't bode well.

Just a thought, since you mentioned the forum we just might get a few of your curious congregation fellows showing up. One never knows. Shy

Does that me we should behave, just in case? Tongue

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
11-12-2013, 09:58 AM
(11-12-2013 09:34 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Give it some time KC, this is probably a lot to take in for your friend. This could have closed his mind even more or it may have opened it up just a bit. My guess would be the former, but I suppose there's hope it's the latter.

He really is a great guy. I literally couldn't even make up something negative about him. If anyone can be open minded in this, it would be him. I just hope he responds that way.

(11-12-2013 09:42 AM)Dom Wrote:  Maybe the lunch was supposed to be an intervention - but most likely, since you gave him permission to talk to xxx about it, there is conversation going on there. Patience. Smile

More than likely it was. That's why I wanted to make my caveat clear. Sure you can have lunch with me... as a friend... not as a rescue mission.

And he is more than likely talking with the pastor, and that's fine. I've known this pastor almost my entire life.

(11-12-2013 09:45 AM)kim Wrote:  

That doesn't bode well.

Ah, no worries. I'm sure part of him wants to support you while, another part of him wants to do exactly what you asked him not to and form a rescue party to rally, quote scripture, and pray at you until your mind has been sufficiently bludgeoned and stuffed back into the box.

He's just weighing his options. Even then, no worries - the longer he weighs it all out ... the more it will weigh on his own mind ... and then, questions can begin.

Yeah, like I said, I don't think anyone really has an answer for an email like this : /

Some may come... but I really hope they don't. I don't think they would do well here. Almost positive they would get shredded.

11-12-2013, 09:59 AM
(11-12-2013 09:49 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 09:45 AM)kim Wrote:  Just a thought, since you mentioned the forum we just might get a few of your curious congregation fellows showing up. One never knows. Shy

Does that me we should behave, just in case? Tongue

Haha, no.

After all, if everyone behaved with me, I wouldn't be where I am.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post