A Crossroad: An email to a church member

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2013, 04:12 PM
RE: A Crossroad: An email to a church member
(12-12-2013 04:06 PM)The Misanthrope Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 03:59 PM)Dom Wrote:  I dunno, Christians are ethnocentric and intolerant?

You're being factitious, right?

No, I mean it. The Christian forums I have seen are narrow minded, scared and unable to listen to anyone who doesn't share their views.

We are not like that here, and when you get to know KC you will also not classify him with other Christians. Actually, he doesn't classify himself as Christian these days.

We generally enjoy Christians coming here, some end up being good debaters or otherwise contribute, and the rest are fun to play with. Most leave. Some are a pain in the butt. Many are good for a laugh. But - without them it would be pretty boring here, just a circle jerk.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2013, 04:12 PM
(12-12-2013 04:06 PM)The Misanthrope Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 03:59 PM)Dom Wrote:  I dunno, Christians are ethnocentric and intolerant?

You're being factitious, right?

Rather than jump to conclusions about KC's nature based solely on his theology, why not get to know the guy? Read some of his threads. But, don't be superficial about it. I think he has changed a bit over the course of his residency with us.

Besides, don't you find it peculiar that a resident theist on an atheist forum is being defended by some of the forums regulars? What does this tell you? Idea

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
12-12-2013, 04:13 PM
...now where did I put my horse beating gif?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
12-12-2013, 04:14 PM
(12-12-2013 03:44 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 03:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  I suggest a 12 Ga. - and head shots.
[Image: night_of_living_dead_1968-via-wrong-side...10x250.jpg]

10 Ga. would be better.Evil_monster

Naaah, ammo's too hard to find.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-12-2013, 04:15 PM
(12-12-2013 04:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 03:58 PM)The Misanthrope Wrote:  Let's look at the reverse of this. How many atheists do you think are administrators on Christian sites? And what would be the reason they ain't?

Christian sites tend to only welcome those with their exact views. That's not how it is here. KC has been around a while and is a well-liked and respected member as well as a capable admin.

I doubt you can rattle him.

If it's an issue for you, you can choose to leave, but it would be your loss.

Open your mind a bit and let some light in.
Obviously some new agey, PC and unisex believing dingbat thought it would show how fair us atheists are by appointing a Devil Dodger as an administrator.

Quote:Christian sites tend to only welcome those with their exact views
. I see. Perhaps we should rename the Thinking Atheist the Vacillating Agnostic!

Right. I've had my say. I shall shut up and leave you feeling all aglow with self-righteous political correctness for putting an intolerant PC hating bigot back in his box. Rolleyes
(12-12-2013 03:51 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Swearing is not a rare thing here.

Swearing is often raised to an art form here. Tongue

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
But really, if having a theist admin on an atheist forum bothers you, you can go to AF... lol, no wait. They have one too.

[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
12-12-2013, 04:16 PM
(12-12-2013 04:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 03:44 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  10 Ga. would be better.Evil_monster

Naaah, ammo's too hard to find.

No kidding. My wife's uncle had one and we couldn't find anything for it.

12-12-2013, 04:17 PM
(12-12-2013 04:15 PM)The Misanthrope Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 04:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Christian sites tend to only welcome those with their exact views. That's not how it is here. KC has been around a while and is a well-liked and respected member as well as a capable admin.

Obviously some new agey, PC and unisex believing dingbat thought it would show how fair us atheists are by appointing a Devil Dodger as an administrator.

. I see. Perhaps we should rename the Thinking Atheist the Vacillating Agnostic!

Right. I've had my say. I shall shut up and leave you feeling all aglow with self-righteous political correctness for putting an intolerant PC hating bigot back in his box. Rolleyes

What, are you per chance a misanthrope? Tongue

Anyway, welcome. Make yourself at home. Smile

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
12-12-2013, 04:24 PM
(12-12-2013 04:15 PM)The Misanthrope Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 04:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Christian sites tend to only welcome those with their exact views. That's not how it is here. KC has been around a while and is a well-liked and respected member as well as a capable admin.

No one put you in a box and we aren't feeling all aglow...many of us here don't judge people at first glance like you just did. You can leave here if it chaps your ass that much, but it will be your loss. There are a lot of good people here.

But as a self-proclaimed hater of people...maybe you need to find a solitary forum, just for you. Fuck. Get over yourself.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post