A Crossroad: An email to a church member

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2013, 04:29 PM
RE: A Crossroad: An email to a church member
(12-12-2013 04:15 PM)The Misanthrope Wrote:  Obviously some new agey, PC and unisex believing dingbat thought it would show how fair us atheists are by appointing a Devil Dodger as an administrator.

That would be Seth Andrews and you can contact him here if you have concerns.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2013, 04:46 PM
(12-12-2013 04:15 PM)The Misanthrope Wrote:  Obviously some new agey, PC and unisex believing dingbat thought it would show how fair us atheists are by appointing a Devil Dodger as an administrator.

The Misanthrope, in its natural habitat, will sometimes be seen talking nonsensical gibberish.

Quote:I see. Perhaps we should rename the Thinking Atheist the Vacillating Agnostic!
Further along the way, we spot yet another button pushing statement.

Quote:Right. I've had my say. I shall shut up and leave you feeling all aglow with self-righteous political correctness for putting an intolerant PC hating bigot back in his box. Rolleyes

When encountering The Misanthrope, your best defense is to just smile and nod - not in agreement, but in hopes that it will get the point that what it's trying to achieve will ultimately fail. Yes

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
12-12-2013, 04:48 PM
(12-12-2013 04:16 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 04:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  Naaah, ammo's too hard to find.

No kidding. My wife's uncle had one and we couldn't find anything for it.

Fuck it - just use rock salt.

We're talking about christees at the door, right? - might be a fitting metaphorical tie-in with Lott's wife looking back. Huh? Huh? Smile

You people lack imagination. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
12-12-2013, 04:52 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2013 05:04 PM by The Misanthrope.)
(12-12-2013 04:17 PM)Dom Wrote:  

. I see. Perhaps we should rename the Thinking Atheist the Vacillating Agnostic!

Right. I've had my say. I shall shut up and leave you feeling all aglow with self-righteous political correctness for putting an intolerant PC hating bigot back in his box. Rolleyes

What, are you per chance a misanthrope? Tongue

Anyway, welcome. Make yourself at home. Smile
I'd say any Christian would be far more misanthropy than me. Especially one of the Protestant ilk, who hate around 99% of sinful humanity. If they don't they aren't really Christians (Luke 19:27) are they?!

For future reference I'll just assume kingschosen doesn't abide by what Christ says in the Bible, that he is a typical Browsing Believer who only picks out the stuff that makes him look decent, respectable, and socially acceptable.

Done! kingschosen (chosen above whom?) isn't really a Christian and I accept him as an apprentice sinner.
[+] 1 user Likes The Misanthrope's post
12-12-2013, 04:52 PM
(12-12-2013 04:48 PM)kim Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 04:16 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No kidding. My wife's uncle had one and we couldn't find anything for it.

Fuck it - just use rock salt.

We're talking about christees at the door, right? - might be a fitting metaphorical tie-in with Lott's wife looking back. Huh? Huh? Smile

You people lack imagination. Drinking Beverage

Just don't keep any Katana's laying around - you remember what happened during Kill Bil V2, right? Blink

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
12-12-2013, 05:26 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2013 05:29 PM by Adrianime.)
If I held it against people that they are believers, I'd be a sad and lonely person because I'd probaly lose most of the people I find important. Not to mention I would be robbing myself of getting to know wonderful people. I believe in letting people have sovereignty over their own mind. Just as I expect my friends to respect my right to hold my beliefs, I will respect their right to hold theirs.

If I couldn't talk to KingsChosen, for example, and let him know that I feel he is free to believe however he likes. How could I ever expect him to do the same for me?

One of my moral stances is to not treat others as I would not like to be treated, AKA "The Silver Rule". I won't (purely based on their Christianity) treat Christians in a way that I would not like them treating me.

Just my point of view.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post
12-12-2013, 05:29 PM
(12-12-2013 04:52 PM)The Misanthrope Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 04:17 PM)Dom Wrote:  What, are you per chance a misanthrope? Tongue

I'd say any Christian would be far more misanthropy than me. Especially one of the Protestant ilk, who hate around 99% of sinful humanity. If they don't they aren't really Christians (Luke 19:27) are they?!

For future reference I'll just assume kingschosen doesn't abide by what Christ says in the Bible, that he is a typical Browsing Believer who only picks out the stuff that makes him look decent, respectable, and socially acceptable.

Done! kingschosen (chosen above whom?) isn't really a Christian and I accept him as an apprentice sinner.

Don't assume anything...just get to know the people on here.

And, yeah, Christians always hang out with a bunch of atheists so they will be more socially acceptable. Dodgy

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-12-2013, 05:29 PM
(12-12-2013 04:52 PM)The Misanthrope Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 04:17 PM)Dom Wrote:  What, are you per chance a misanthrope? Tongue

King is his dog, his dog chose him. KC has his own brand of delusions. Just like you can't lump us atheists all in one box, you can't lump all theists in one box either. As far as atheists on this site go - we hail from all corners of the world, we come from all walks of life, we have all ages and educational backgrounds, in short, we have nothing in common but that we don't believe in any gods.

It's a miracle we all get along as well as we do. Throwing a few theists into the mix makes no difference, we are as diverse as can be here.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
12-12-2013, 05:33 PM

Lol, aren't you full of labels!

KC is admin because he is good at it. That is all.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
12-12-2013, 06:03 PM
(12-12-2013 05:33 PM)Dom Wrote:  KC is admin because he is good at it. That is all.

Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of THOR!

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post