A Crossroad: An email to a church member

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2013, 03:46 PM
RE: A Crossroad: An email to a church member
(16-12-2013 03:19 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(16-12-2013 02:06 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Silence broken.

Got a text saying that we're being prayed for...
In your emails, was that not a specific attitude that you mentioned was bothering you?

I thought I conveyed this pretty clearly.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2013, 03:52 PM
(16-12-2013 03:46 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(16-12-2013 03:19 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  In your emails, was that not a specific attitude that you mentioned was bothering you?

It is a meaningless statement. "I'll pray for you" is basically saying I will promptly forget about whatever issue you just raised and will at best mention it to my imaginary friend. In this context it means "I couldn't figure out a response to you so here is a platitude so I can acknowledge that I received your message without making any comments on the contents thereof".

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
16-12-2013, 03:56 PM
(16-12-2013 03:19 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  In your emails, was that not a specific attitude that you mentioned was bothering you?
I guess he didn't quite get that....Sorry his response to you was on the crappy side. Maybe there is more to come, but who knows.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
16-12-2013, 03:57 PM
(16-12-2013 02:06 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Silence broken.

Got a text saying that we're being prayed for...

This means you and yorn are the very welcome subject of the most vicious and sordid rumours imaginable, pietistically spread by your naturally back-stabbing bored-agin "friends." At every eatin' meetin,' and every other gathering of these gossip mongering maggots, the character and morals of you and your missus are being torn to shreds by the porcine good ol' boys and their big-haired, bird-brained, barge-arsed "helpmates."

I saw exactly this done to my Independent (American) Baptist* business partner and his missus, who was covertly and falsely accused of getting fucked by just about every non-Baptist in their suburb. My partner was and is the nicest bloke you would meet in a month's match and the closest thing you could get to a Christian saint I have ever seen. But this didn't stop these hateful hypocritical turds from turning on him too.

And guess what, I had told him 5 years before the event that his best buddy, head deacon, leading light in their church, and eventual ringleader of the gossipers, was IMO a dead cunt that I wouldn't trust in a purple fit. However he thought this pretentious totally plastic arsehole was the greatest man since Moses.

*all their rabidly bigoted pastors came from America's southern states
[+] 4 users Like The Misanthrope's post
16-12-2013, 05:53 PM

Sure was clear to me. I sure as hell ain't gonna pray for ya.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 3 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post
17-12-2013, 02:10 PM
It was the pastor that sent me the text, btw, not my friend... so that shows that it was discussed.

I thanked him. He said "you're welcome" and I haven't heard anything since.

I think it's over. I don't think they're going to make any type of contact about it.

17-12-2013, 02:26 PM
Perhaps they decided to respect your wishes. And maybe they are a bit embarrassed at being called out by one of their own.

Sorry you and QC are struggling with this kind of stuff.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
17-12-2013, 02:26 PM
Hehe, wonder how many churches you can piss off ?

BTW if the peeps at your old church are praying for you... And the peeps at this church are praying for you... And the next few churches you try all start praying for you after you tell 'em they're useless...

Do ya think God'll listen and turn you into a good little boy again ? Or are ya permanently infected with our anti-Christee baseless lies and propaganda ?

Mind you God just does his own thing anyway according to you (AFAIK)... Which makes it hard again to see why you're angry with these peeps - or anyone - I mean, God made them do it. I suppose he made you angry too...

Yeesh, this being-a-Christian stuff is complicated... I'm sure glad I can just not-go-to-church and be a bad ol' atheist boyo. I think Imma get me a tattoo... But only a henna one 'cos I'm a pansy. But I might get me a real fake-leather jacket! Yeah!

Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
17-12-2013, 02:29 PM
(17-12-2013 02:10 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  It was the pastor that sent me the text, btw, not my friend... so that shows that it was discussed.

I thanked him. He said "you're welcome" and I haven't heard anything since.

I think it's over. I don't think they're going to make any type of contact about it.

Your letter was explanatory so it answered many questions, I'm sure. So there's that. Still I'm surprised they aren't showing you more concern (and dare I say it - love)...yanno the "jesus loves" kind of love. I'd be grateful that they took my letter seriously (aka read and understood and GOT the message) yet disappointed at the same time (aka - hey I thought you cared?)

dunno........
I think hearing back so very little shows them as shallow. But that's just my opinion.

cheers KC

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
17-12-2013, 02:35 PM
(17-12-2013 02:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Perhaps they decided to respect your wishes. And maybe they are a bit embarrassed at being called out by one of their own.

Sorry you and QC are struggling with this kind of stuff.

Perhaps. But, my wish was to only not have an "intervention". It wasn't "stop being my friend" or "stop communicating with me".

Oh well I guess.

I do feel really, really guilty that it all came to a head while we were at this church. As I've said over and over, the place and the people are really great, generally speaking... and they've haven't done anything wrong to us.

We just simply can't be associated with organized religion anymore... I don't think.

If any church or any congregation deserves to be uplifted and well respected, it's this one. It really is. The last church I was at was cesspool, and this one was a welcomed breath of fresh air.

Sad we couldn't eventually fit in.