A Crossroad: An email to a church member

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2013, 02:41 PM
RE: A Crossroad: An email to a church member
$5.00 says if/when you *do* get to talk with them this will ALL get turned around onto YOU....... how YOU hurt them with your words, took advantage of their care and fellowship all those years, dumped them when they needed you the most, etc.

cause............. that's just how that goes, my friend. That's just how that goes.
Anyone wanna bet me? I'll be happy to take your money one day when my prediction comes to fruition.

Weeping

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2013, 02:48 PM
(17-12-2013 02:35 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(17-12-2013 02:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Perhaps they decided to respect your wishes. And maybe they are a bit embarrassed at being called out by one of their own.

Sorry you and QC are struggling with this kind of stuff.

Perhaps. But, my wish was to only not have an "intervention". It wasn't "stop being my friend" or "stop communicating with me".

Oh well I guess.

I do feel really, really guilty that it all came to a head while we were at this church. As I've said over and over, the place and the people are really great, generally speaking... and they've haven't done anything wrong to us.

We just simply can't be associated with organized religion anymore... I don't think.

If any church or any congregation deserves to be uplifted and well respected, it's this one. It really is. The last church I was at was cesspool, and this one was a welcomed breath of fresh air.

Sad we couldn't eventually fit in.

How long have you been going to the church? Can you not request to have a sit down conversation where you can explain your position better? Was he your friend outside of church too? I'm really confused about this prayer thing to. Do you no longer believe in prayer? I mean, if you were struggling and needed help and all you got was we're praying for you then sure be offended. But I can't think of what a pastor should say when finding out you're leaving the church besides from, we wish you all the best and we will be praying for you.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
17-12-2013, 02:50 PM
(17-12-2013 02:35 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(17-12-2013 02:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Perhaps they decided to respect your wishes. And maybe they are a bit embarrassed at being called out by one of their own.

Sorry you and QC are struggling with this kind of stuff.

Perhaps. But, my wish was to only not have an "intervention". It wasn't "stop being my friend" or "stop communicating with me".

Oh well I guess.

I do feel really, really guilty that it all came to a head while we were at this church. As I've said over and over, the place and the people are really great, generally speaking... and they've haven't done anything wrong to us.

We just simply can't be associated with organized religion anymore... I don't think.

If any church or any congregation deserves to be uplifted and well respected, it's this one. It really is. The last church I was at was cesspool, and this one was a welcomed breath of fresh air.

How long have you been going to the church? Can you not request to have a sit down conversation where you can explain your position better? Was he your friend outside of church too? I'm really confused about this prayer thing to. Do you no longer believe in prayer? I mean, if you were struggling and needed help and all you got was we're praying for you then sure be offended. But I can't think of what a pastor should say when finding out you're leaving the church besides from, we wish you all the best and we will be praying for you.
17-12-2013, 02:50 PM
(17-12-2013 02:41 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  $5.00 says if/when you *do* get to talk with them this will ALL get turned around onto YOU....... how YOU hurt them with your words, took advantage of their care and fellowship all those years, dumped them when they needed you the most, etc.

cause............. that's just how that goes, my friend. That's just how that goes.
Anyone wanna bet me? I'll be happy to take your money one day when my prediction comes to fruition.

Weeping

I sure hope not because that is something that you REALLY don't want to do with me. The gloves will come off like they did at my last church.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
17-12-2013, 02:55 PM
(17-12-2013 02:10 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  It was the pastor that sent me the text, btw, not my friend... so that shows that it was discussed.

I thanked him. He said "you're welcome" and I haven't heard anything since.

I think it's over. I don't think they're going to make any type of contact about it.
In a way it's good that they respect your wishes.
If they're calvinistic (which I assume), they get solace with the doctrine of preservation of the saints, which means that they either think God is going to 'discipline' you back into fellowship or if you don't come back they would say you were never a real christian. Either way it sucks. But it explains why they haven't harassed you which might be completely acceptable (theologically) if your church was arminian.
I'm going through the same thing myself. Very awkward since the pastor and many members are my friends on fb. Plus there's the so called "Prayer List" that goes around by email, which is nothing more than church gossip IMHO.
Hang in there KC!

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
17-12-2013, 02:56 PM
(17-12-2013 02:50 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I sure hope not because that is something that you REALLY don't want to do with me. The gloves will come off like they did at my last church.

[Image: RLmxBCa.gif]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Vosur's post
17-12-2013, 03:00 PM
I am sorry you may have lost friendships. But then I have to wonder what the friendship was based on if this will end it. (Not on your end, but on your friend's). You should be able to have a difference of opinion and/or of beliefs. It is so odd to me that some people see others as ONLY one thing. There are so many facets to people that I don't understand how one aspect will overshadow all others. (Unless, of course, that aspect is one of a serial killer.)

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
17-12-2013, 03:03 PM
(17-12-2013 02:50 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(17-12-2013 02:41 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  $5.00 says if/when you *do* get to talk with them this will ALL get turned around onto YOU....... how YOU hurt them with your words, took advantage of their care and fellowship all those years, dumped them when they needed you the most, etc.

Weeping

I sure hope not because that is something that you REALLY don't want to do with me. The gloves will come off like they did at my last church.

Do I seem bitter?
lol

In all seriousness, Kings, I had more attention from my college chaplain when I refused to attend chapel. It just bothers me they're not more interested in talking with you about how you feel. So...... makes me predict the worst.
I'd prefer to be wrong by the way. Waaay wrong. Cause I'd not wish you that pain.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
17-12-2013, 04:16 PM
(17-12-2013 02:50 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(17-12-2013 02:35 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Perhaps. But, my wish was to only not have an "intervention". It wasn't "stop being my friend" or "stop communicating with me".

Oh well I guess.

It is really quite simple. In plastic Baptistese Pastor's communication means “we have come to the unanimous conclusion that, according to 2 Corinthians 6:14, you are an unblessed and detestable back-slidder and thus beyond our human (albeit superhuman) help."

"Therefore we have declared you a persona non gratia and handed the question of your future salvation – which, IMHO, is extremely unlikely - to G-E-E-zus!! for His consideration."

We pray He may re-save you at some time in the future.
17-12-2013, 04:20 PM
(17-12-2013 03:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am sorry you may have lost friendships. But then I have to wonder what the friendship was based on if this will end it. (Not on your end, but on your friend's). You should be able to have a difference of opinion and/or of beliefs. It is so odd to me that some people see others as ONLY one thing. There are so many facets to people that I don't understand how one aspect will overshadow all others. (Unless, of course, that aspect is one of a serial killer.)

Quote:You should be able to have a difference of opinion and/or of beliefs
. This precisely what Christinsanity is not about.
[+] 1 user Likes The Misanthrope's post