A Crossroad: An email to a church member

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2013, 01:13 PM
RE: A Crossroad: An email to a church member
(23-12-2013 12:59 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Kc - I just wanted to check in and see how all of this was going for you? And I was wondering if the holidays wasn't making it a bit more tough?

anyway.......... you're in my thoughts - you and your family.......and.....I hope the season is bright and cheery for you all even tho you're going through something difficult just now.

wishing you all the best

(just for you............ Merry Christmas)

Thanks Smile

I do appreciate all the love and concern.

I still haven't heard from anyone... so, yeah.

Yesterday was a little weird for us... it was the first time we didn't attend a church service for Christmas.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2013, 01:18 PM
You got the house all decorated? Inside and out?

Ahem. I see no pics. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
23-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Ah, fuckit - c'mere KC! *hugs*

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
23-12-2013, 01:24 PM
(23-12-2013 01:18 PM)kim Wrote:  You got the house all decorated? Inside and out?

Ahem. I see no pics. Drinking Beverage

Haha, no. Just the tree and a few scattered decorations. The tree is void of decorations on the bottom 4th because a certain little girl like to use them as her personal playthings and hide them around the house.

23-12-2013, 01:31 PM
(23-12-2013 01:13 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yesterday was a little weird for us... it was the first time we didn't attend a church service for Christmas.
Well, one thing you could do, is start your own traditions. Christmas can be whatever you want it to be. A family tradition has more meaning than a cultural tradition IMO.

"That *special* thing we do every year."

One of my traditions that I've always wanted... once I get married...will be buying one new ornament every year for our tree, and ONLY using these special ornaments to decorate with. The longer the family exists, the more the tree will evolve. And each ornament will have meaning.

...haven't yet thought about what I will do if anybody gifts me an ornament ...Consider

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post
23-12-2013, 06:40 PM
(23-12-2013 01:31 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  One of my traditions that I've always wanted... once I get married...will be buying one new ornament every year for our tree, and ONLY using these special ornaments to decorate with. The longer the family exists, the more the tree will evolve. And each ornament will have meaning.

...haven't yet thought about what I will do if anybody gifts me an ornament ...Consider

hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but that first kid will bring at least 6 home from school that first year…..glitter, macaroni, one made from foam with a photo, a handprint, something that they will tell you is christmas that looks like vomit on paper, made from a plastic cup, then add a few extra for every year thru 6th grade. Oh --- got a dog?-- don't put anything glass in the "tail zone" or 'toddler' zone.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
23-12-2013, 07:06 PM
(23-12-2013 06:40 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but that first kid will bring at least 6 home from school that first year…..glitter, macaroni, one made from foam with a photo, a handprint, something that they will tell you is christmas that looks like vomit on paper, made from a plastic cup, then add a few extra for every year thru 6th grade. Oh --- got a dog?-- don't put anything glass in the "tail zone" or 'toddler' zone.
Maybe I'll get a little 3 foot plastic kids tree for the kids to put their crap on Tongue. Haha, or I can allow those ornaments on as well, we will see!

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
23-12-2013, 07:21 PM
(23-12-2013 01:31 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Well, one thing you could do, is start your own traditions.

this !! Thumbsup

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
24-12-2013, 11:19 AM
(23-12-2013 01:31 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  One of my traditions that I've always wanted... once I get married...will be buying one new ornament every year for our tree, and ONLY using these special ornaments to decorate with. The longer the family exists, the more the tree will evolve. And each ornament will have meaning.

As B&A points out below, you can make your own ornaments (not just your kids). Such ornaments will likely have more meaning.

(23-12-2013 06:40 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but that first kid will bring at least 6 home from school that first year…..glitter, macaroni, one made from foam with a photo, a handprint, something that they will tell you is christmas that looks like vomit on paper, made from a plastic cup, then add a few extra for every year thru 6th grade. Oh --- got a dog?-- don't put anything glass in the "tail zone" or 'toddler' zone.

This person knows my tree. Also, if any dogs are pups, avoid the stuffed animal style ornaments in the lower branches. They look too much like dog toys. Haven't had toddlers for many years now. Had forgotten that part.

For us, every year, the first ornament that goes on the tree is one my wife made in kindergarten. That one ornament means so much to her every year. It's made from steel wire and looks like a 6 pointed Christmas star with a spider on it. Ugliest ornament you've ever seen, but the most important one.

We are lucky it survived our burglary from 1999. We were in the process of moving from our old apartment to our first house. We came back to the apartment to get more of our stuff to find it had been burgled. Most of our personal Christmas ornaments and decorations had been stolen by some teens from the area. We never recovered them. But somehow, that one important ornament remains. We lost some of the ornaments our daughters had made in kindergarten and 1st grade. We look forward to ornaments made for us by their kids...someday.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 2 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post
10-01-2014, 02:27 PM
The pastor is texting me right now.