A Crossroad: An email to a church member

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2013, 09:03 AM
RE: A Crossroad: An email to a church member
(10-12-2013 08:51 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(10-12-2013 08:41 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  My atheist friend sent me $250 to help keep my electricity on. My other atheist friend told me he wasn't going to let me lose my house. I have not met either of these people in person before, but they display a level of loyalty and love …..

I just wanted to say…out in the open, loud & clear…to these two folks who offered this help to you and your family…..THANK YOU & BRAVO to them for being kind & loving.

Actions speak louder than words.

BowingBowing

well done!

Angele sent me the money (thank you again, Angie. A forever debt Smile)

People can probably guess who the other one was. He's my best friend on the forum and the one I talk to the most outside of the forum.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like kingschosen's post
10-12-2013, 09:06 AM
I think you will get the 'come back to church and lead us by example' approach.

Be excellent to each other and party on, Dudes!
10-12-2013, 09:06 AM
Hey KC - I do not think the first is too harsh. Send the revised verion (yours not Vosurs) if you think that is better. I hope they take it well.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
10-12-2013, 09:26 AM
I'll write your letter. That'll fix it. Evil_monster

My prejudices tell me that anything that is not groveling is going to be seen as an attack on their beliefs. But I'm kinda jaded. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
10-12-2013, 09:31 AM
(10-12-2013 09:03 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  People can probably guess who the other one was. He's my best friend on the forum and the one I talk to the most outside of the forum.
Yabut, Tim telling you he ain't gonna let you lose your house means Tim's moving in. Move over Jess, make some room. Dafuq you ain't got a king-sized bed for anyway? Big Grin

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
10-12-2013, 09:33 AM
(10-12-2013 09:06 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I think you will get the 'come back to church and lead us by example' approach.

I highly doubt it. I know I'm going to be vilified in someway or in some shape. Not by the pastor or the guy I'm sending this to... just others. It's how people work.

Plus, I don't consider myself a leader. I know I'm admin here, but I just do what needs to be done. So yeah, that's how I handle things. If something needs to be done, I do it.

(10-12-2013 09:06 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Hey KC - I do not think the first is too harsh. Send the revised verion (yours not Vosurs) if you think that is better. I hope they take it well.

I kind of felt that way too... but after a day of reflection, some of the more harsh comments serve no purpose and simply muddle my message.

(10-12-2013 09:26 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I'll write your letter. That'll fix it. Evil_monster

My prejudices tell me that anything that is not groveling is going to be seen as an attack on their beliefs. But I'm kinda jaded. Angel

Probably so. I don't think this guy will take it like that... but pretty much anyone that reads it will, I'm thinking.

10-12-2013, 09:35 AM
(10-12-2013 09:31 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-12-2013 09:03 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  People can probably guess who the other one was. He's my best friend on the forum and the one I talk to the most outside of the forum.
Yabut, Tim telling you he ain't gonna let you lose your house means Tim's moving in. Move over Jess, make some room. Dafuq you ain't got a king-sized bed for anyway? Big Grin

Ha. No. Not Tim.

While I do talk and occasionally visit him, there is someone else I talk to more than Tim (germanyt not Hughsie for those that are confused).

10-12-2013, 09:44 AM
And Girly, Tim (germanyt) did try and help with a job search. He wanted me to come work with him at Angola. lol, not a good choice for me, I think.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
10-12-2013, 09:47 AM
(10-12-2013 09:44 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  And Girly, Tim (germanyt) did try and help with a job search. He wanted me to come work with him at Angola. lol, not a good choice for me, I think.

Hey I know someone at Angola….he has the "lifetime retirement plan" . He's been there since I was a kid….I can see if he can hook you up, if you want? Tongue

Be excellent to each other and party on, Dudes!
10-12-2013, 10:01 AM
I give it one year before KC starts number 33,001.