A Crossroad: An email to a church member

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2013, 10:04 AM
RE: A Crossroad: An email to a church member
(10-12-2013 10:01 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I give it one year before KC starts number 33,001.

[Image: pimp-bender.jpg]

I'll start my own religion, with Hookers and Blackjack.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
10-12-2013, 10:10 AM
(10-12-2013 09:33 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(10-12-2013 09:06 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I think you will get the 'come back to church and lead us by example' approach.

I highly doubt it. I know I'm going to be vilified in someway or in some shape. Not by the pastor or the guy I'm sending this to... just others. It's how people work.

Plus, I don't consider myself a leader. I know I'm admin here, but I just do what needs to be done. So yeah, that's how I handle things. If something needs to be done, I do it.

(10-12-2013 09:06 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Hey KC - I do not think the first is too harsh. Send the revised verion (yours not Vosurs) if you think that is better. I hope they take it well.

I kind of felt that way too... but after a day of reflection, some of the more harsh comments serve no purpose and simply muddle my message.

(10-12-2013 09:26 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I'll write your letter. That'll fix it. Evil_monster

My prejudices tell me that anything that is not groveling is going to be seen as an attack on their beliefs. But I'm kinda jaded. Angel

Probably so. I don't think this guy will take it like that... but pretty much anyone that reads it will, I'm thinking.

Honestly I think using terminology "no longer Christian" and the like is what will give you problems. As I see it (and I can certainly be wrong) you sound definitely Christian whether or not you belong to a church. I know lots of Christians who aren't part of congregations because they hate the hypocrisy of the church.

And I don't see why other people should give you trouble unless this person you trust is someone you Can't trust and shares you letter with some real stick-in-the-mud sort. (?) Actually he shouldn't do that. And until people start asking "where is he?" the subject is no one's business but his, yours, the wife's, and the minister you mention.

but that's just my opinion...........

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
10-12-2013, 10:35 AM
(10-12-2013 09:47 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(10-12-2013 09:44 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  And Girly, Tim (germanyt) did try and help with a job search. He wanted me to come work with him at Angola. lol, not a good choice for me, I think.

Hey I know someone at Angola….he has the "lifetime retirement plan" . He's been there since I was a kid….I can see if he can hook you up, if you want? Tongue

Is he the one who got life for possessing marijuana? Shocking

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
10-12-2013, 10:36 AM
(10-12-2013 10:04 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(10-12-2013 10:01 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I give it one year before KC starts number 33,001.

[Image: pimp-bender.jpg]

I'll start my own religion, with Hookers and Blackjack.

I prefer Stripper Factories and Beer Volcanoes....Tongue

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
10-12-2013, 10:51 AM
(10-12-2013 10:10 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Honestly I think using terminology "no longer Christian" and the like is what will give you problems. As I see it (and I can certainly be wrong) you sound definitely Christian whether or not you belong to a church. I know lots of Christians who aren't part of congregations because they hate the hypocrisy of the church.

And I don't see why other people should give you trouble unless this person you trust is someone you Can't trust and shares you letter with some real stick-in-the-mud sort. (?) Actually he shouldn't do that. And until people start asking "where is he?" the subject is no one's business but his, yours, the wife's, and the minister you mention.

but that's just my opinion...........

It might be a problem, but I'm giving this guy the benefit of the doubt that he will understand what I'm saying.

And like I said, as far as labels go, I'm a Christian. It just come down to not wanting to be associated with them anymore.

You're right about it being no one's business. But, like I told Stark last night on the phone, part of me wants him to read it to the people there... maybe wake them up... make them realize something.

And let me be clear again... these people at this church have been nothing but loving and accepting. I've never felt judged there... not like my old church. However, for a true catharsis, I think I might have to cut all ties... by no fault of theirs at all.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
10-12-2013, 12:19 PM
As usual, you come here to the heathens...Dodgy Tongue

Would be nice if others would see that we really aren't so bad. Maybe your letter will get the message across to your friend that belief, or lack, thereof, is not the total makeup of a person.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-12-2013, 12:24 PM
This is why I hate it when politics and religion jump into my vodka and get mixed - I get hung over every time.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 3 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
10-12-2013, 12:24 PM
Okay.

It's sent.

[+] 7 users Like kingschosen's post
10-12-2013, 12:25 PM
(10-12-2013 12:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  As usual, you come here to the heathens...Dodgy Tongue

Would be nice if others would see that we really aren't so bad. Maybe your letter will get the message across to your friend that belief, or lack, thereof, is not the total makeup of a person.

I fit in better here anyway Smile

[+] 6 users Like kingschosen's post
10-12-2013, 12:34 PM
(10-12-2013 12:25 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(10-12-2013 12:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  As usual, you come here to the heathens...Dodgy Tongue

I fit in better here anyway Smile

Hmmmm wonder why that is. Consider

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post