A Different Approach

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2012, 08:38 PM
RE: A Different Approach
(12-08-2012 06:50 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Kansas Kimmie, run away... far, far away. I have a spare room. Lemme know when you're coming.

[Image: sooome.jpg]

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
12-08-2012, 08:45 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2012 08:49 PM by DLJ.)
(12-08-2012 08:22 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  brain still hurts. could someone explain this to me in baby terms. like an school fight or something. I'm good at math and science not thinking.

Ok.

You have a virilent weed in your garden. Its roots go deep and it's killing your pretty / useful plants. Do you:
A: try to remove it and in so doing, get repeated stung, damage your soil and most of the nice plants?
B: encourage the nice plants to become stronger and immune (which takes longer so there will be some victims on the short term)?
C: try a combination of the A and B?

Ghost goes for B but Erx doesn't like that cos he doesn't want a single plant to suffer.

Therefore, Ghost is a cold heartless bastard and Erx is a pussy.

Was that suffiicently "play-ground" (for the Brits) / school-yard (for the Yanks) enough?

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
12-08-2012, 08:46 PM
(12-08-2012 08:38 PM)kim Wrote:  
(12-08-2012 06:50 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Kansas Kimmie, run away... far, far away. I have a spare room. Lemme know when you're coming.

[Image: sooome.jpg]

Yup. And there is a chilled Singapore Sling awaiting you.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
13-08-2012, 12:03 AM
(12-08-2012 05:27 PM)Ghost Wrote:  2 - Nice Goodwin Cool Can't wait to see Iron Sky!

Here ya go, Brother!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
13-08-2012, 12:09 AM
(12-08-2012 08:45 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(12-08-2012 08:22 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  brain still hurts. could someone explain this to me in baby terms. like an school fight or something. I'm good at math and science not thinking.

Ok.

You have a virilent weed in your garden. Its roots go deep and it's killing your pretty / useful plants. Do you:
A: try to remove it and in so doing, get repeated stung, damage your soil and most of the nice plants?
B: encourage the nice plants to become stronger and immune (which takes longer so there will be some victims on the short term)?
C: try a combination of the A and B?

Ghost goes for B but Erx doesn't like that cos he doesn't want a single plant to suffer.

Therefore, Ghost is a cold heartless bastard and Erx is a pussy.

Was that suffiicently "play-ground" (for the Brits) / school-yard (for the Yanks) enough?
I go with A

But wearing gloves, and knowing that oxygen mixed with the soil is good. Patting the soil back down for good measure. Tongue

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
13-08-2012, 12:47 AM
(13-08-2012 12:09 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  I go with A

But wearing gloves, and knowing that oxygen mixed with the soil is good. Patting the soil back down for good measure. Tongue

Gloves? Hobo I don't need no stinkin' gloves!

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
13-08-2012, 07:59 AM
Hey, DLJ.

That's a terrible analogy lol Cool

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
13-08-2012, 08:05 AM
thx dlj (i'm canadian though).

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
13-08-2012, 08:17 AM
Hey, Xino.

No. No. Don't thank him. No. It was a terrible analogy! No!

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
[+] 1 user Likes Ghost's post
13-08-2012, 08:22 AM
ok so back to brain hurting. who can help me in my ignorance. Sad

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.