A Different Wind is Blowing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2013, 12:02 PM

A Different Wind is Blowing
I feel a different wind blowing me, and I need to take a different tack. If you were following the philosophy thread, you know that I tried to put forward a unique argument for the existence of God, but it didn’t work (I don’t think). The argument ended up being very destructive to my way of thinking. Rather than being a proof of God, it ended up destroying all my poofs in God. The following link leads to a rambling dissertation of this.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid300336

The only argument I am left with is a theory that goes like this:

Every night I have elaborate dreams. I have had them every night of my life. When I wake up, I am no longer creating a dream with my mind, but I notice the universe around me is also like a dream. If I create my universes every night with my mind, then I suppose there is a mind creating this universe I live in the same way.

This is not a sufficient “proof” of anything. It is simply the observation I make that convinces me that God exists.

So, I have lost my way, it seems. What is the point of battling atheism if I can’t honestly say I can prove God exists? And yet I feel so free. I have faith now, and I’m not looking for proof anymore. I don’t want to be an apologist anymore. I have my faith. I present it to you in one easy paragraph—and that’s all I have to offer. So, what direction should I go?

You know what I really like doing? I like praying for people, because I seem to have a lot of faith when I’m praying for others. I like participating in the “Personal Issues” board. I like dream interpretation, too--always have. Dreams are how the Divine talks to us, you know? And He talks to everyone, not just believers. And I'm good at that.

I want to go down those roads and get off the one I’m on. Everyone who goes to my website knows what I believe—why do I have to preach it? Why can’t I just live it?.

And really. How do I know who’s going to hell? Because someone in here says they’re an atheist? Maybe it’s just a phase, maybe they like to play atheist advocate in order to get honest dialog instead of the BS that gets thrown around on Christian sites. And maybe they’re just angry at God. There’s nothing wrong with that. How do I know what their relationship is with God? How do I know what their judgment day will bring?

Maybe I need to use my talents differently. Maybe the Veridican Church needs to be about faith, dreams, and support. Maybe that’s where all the difference is made.

Like I said, a different wind is blowing, and I’m thinking I need a different tack.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Egor's post
30-04-2013, 12:10 PM
RE: A Different Wind is Blowing
Dreams are simply how your brain mops up unresolved odds and ends.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
30-04-2013, 12:23 PM

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
30-04-2013, 12:37 PM
I usually just open a window and let the place air out.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
30-04-2013, 12:42 PM
Over/Under Pool on the next mood swing: 2.5 Days.

Place your bets. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 5 users Like Erxomai's post
30-04-2013, 12:44 PM
So now you have a different brain fart in your head?

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
30-04-2013, 12:46 PM
Just sigh.

He really does need help doesn't he?

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

30-04-2013, 12:50 PM
(30-04-2013 12:02 PM)Egor Wrote:  So, what direction should I go?

Any of them would be fine. As long as it's *away*.
Go away.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
30-04-2013, 12:58 PM
(30-04-2013 12:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Just sigh.

He really does need help doesn't he?

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
30-04-2013, 01:01 PM

(30-04-2013 12:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  Dreams are simply how your brain mops up unresolved odds and ends.

I used to do dream interpretation and astrology as Gordon Jerome. I've done hundreds of dreams. There is this idea that a dream is just a reaction to psychological stressors, both conscious and subconscious. But then people, at times, have dreams that are very powerful and nag at them, and those dreams need to be interpreted.

People find it very helpful.

What I'm definitely done doing is beating one brick wall against another, atheism vs. theism. You all can believe whatever you want. People struggle with God their entire lives. Drinking Beverage
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Egor's post