A Different Wind is Blowing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2013, 02:03 PM
RE: A Different Wind is Blowing
(30-04-2013 02:01 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I see only one person got my reference.

Either y'all are too old or too young... or y'all never played one of the greatest games of all time.

You're on your own there, gameboy. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2013, 02:25 PM
(30-04-2013 01:22 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  One of my relatives has mood swings.
I feel sorry for the people that have to live with her.
It's a symptom of unresolved conflicts.
This too shall pass.
Yawn.

Actually, you should send her to a doc to check on her hormonal levels...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
30-04-2013, 02:29 PM
(30-04-2013 01:01 PM)Egor Wrote:  People struggle with God their entire lives. Drinking Beverage

What a waste of life!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
30-04-2013, 02:36 PM
[Image: CampH_zps9ad03154.jpg]
As long as we're not going here ... again. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
30-04-2013, 02:44 PM
A different wind is blowing ...

... the god(s) have farted.

(No one is "struggling" with god, except maybe *said poster*. More projection, The ENTIRE world is understood, ONLY in light of him.)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
30-04-2013, 03:58 PM
(30-04-2013 12:02 PM)Egor Wrote:  I feel a different wind blowing me, and I need to take a different tack. If you were following the philosophy thread, you know that I tried to put forward a unique argument for the existence of God, but it didn’t work (I don’t think). The argument ended up being very destructive to my way of thinking. Rather than being a proof of God, it ended up destroying all my poofs in God. The following link leads to a rambling dissertation of this.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid300336

The only argument I am left with is a theory that goes like this:

Every night I have elaborate dreams. I have had them every night of my life. When I wake up, I am no longer creating a dream with my mind, but I notice the universe around me is also like a dream. If I create my universes every night with my mind, then I suppose there is a mind creating this universe I live in the same way.

This is not a sufficient “proof” of anything. It is simply the observation I make that convinces me that God exists.

So, I have lost my way, it seems. What is the point of battling atheism if I can’t honestly say I can prove God exists? And yet I feel so free. I have faith now, and I’m not looking for proof anymore. I don’t want to be an apologist anymore. I have my faith. I present it to you in one easy paragraph—and that’s all I have to offer. So, what direction should I go?

You know what I really like doing? I like praying for people, because I seem to have a lot of faith when I’m praying for others. I like participating in the “Personal Issues” board. I like dream interpretation, too--always have. Dreams are how the Divine talks to us, you know? And He talks to everyone, not just believers. And I'm good at that.

I want to go down those roads and get off the one I’m on. Everyone who goes to my website knows what I believe—why do I have to preach it? Why can’t I just live it?.

And really. How do I know who’s going to hell? Because someone in here says they’re an atheist? Maybe it’s just a phase, maybe they like to play atheist advocate in order to get honest dialog instead of the BS that gets thrown around on Christian sites. And maybe they’re just angry at God. There’s nothing wrong with that. How do I know what their relationship is with God? How do I know what their judgment day will bring?

Maybe I need to use my talents differently. Maybe the Veridican Church needs to be about faith, dreams, and support. Maybe that’s where all the difference is made.

Like I said, a different wind is blowing, and I’m thinking I need a different tack.

Egor, that wind you think is blowing, the one which is so obviously different?

That is the Indifferent Wind, Egor. And as per it's name, it doesn't give a shit about anything you or anyone else says, it just goes forever indifferent to what seems to be the inherent insanity of Human being, this wind is much like the Honey Badger; it doesn't give a shit.

This more diplomatic "Who am I to say who is going to hell" persona you have on in this post wont last. You are still flip-flopping Egor, you may be sticking to this "veridican" pseudo-cult of yours Not entirely sure if a cult can consist of a single person, and I don't know what is lower than cults on the religion food-chain, but you are still flip-flopping.
I say make a choice Egor, either stick to one piece of shit, or give up on what you are trying to do, at least here.

Then again, maybe you shouldn't make that choice.
From my understanding from talking with others from the forum who witnessed your ascension to here, your existence on this site has been a comedy of errors: From being a circle to being Veridiculous, so maybe you should continue along your current path and continue giving us things to laugh at.

Do as you will, PVS, and let the Indifferent Wind continue to be indifferent.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
30-04-2013, 04:05 PM
(30-04-2013 01:01 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 12:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  Dreams are simply how your brain mops up unresolved odds and ends.

I used to do dream interpretation and astrology as Gordon Jerome. I've done hundreds of dreams. There is this idea that a dream is just a reaction to psychological stressors, both conscious and subconscious. But then people, at times, have dreams that are very powerful and nag at them, and those dreams need to be interpreted.

People find it very helpful.

What I'm definitely done doing is beating one brick wall against another, atheism vs. theism. You all can believe whatever you want. People struggle with God their entire lives. Drinking Beverage

Why?

Why is God a struggle?

If he's omnipotent, he could make it less of a struggle. Certainly less than our entire lives. If he's omniscient, he has to know what a struggle we're going through. And if he loves us so much that he sacrificed is only begotten son, then why doesn't he love us enough to lessen our struggle?

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
30-04-2013, 04:12 PM
(30-04-2013 02:01 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I see only one person got my reference.

Either y'all are too old or too young... or y'all never played one of the greatest games of all time.

No, the thumbnail was too small to see anything and I was too lazy to click on it. I'll go back and have a look-see though.

@Egor. Vivid dreams can be a sign of mania or other mental disorders. Just saying pal.
30-04-2013, 04:40 PM

(30-04-2013 01:37 PM)kim Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 12:02 PM)Egor Wrote:  I have my faith. I present it to you in one easy paragraph—and that’s all I have to offer. So, what direction should I go?
[Image: off_zpsdd804849.jpg]

Ya - I has a funny.... Tongue
It was waaaaay too easy. Wink

But this......
(30-04-2013 12:02 PM)Egor Wrote:  You know what I really like doing? I like praying for people, because I seem to have a lot of faith when I’m praying for others. I like participating in the “Personal Issues” board. I like dream interpretation, too--always have. Dreams are how the Divine talks to us, you know? And He talks to everyone, not just believers. And I'm good at that.

I want to go down those roads and get off the one I’m on. Everyone who goes to my website knows what I believe—why do I have to preach it? Why can’t I just live it?.

And really. How do I know who’s going to hell? Because someone in here says they’re an atheist? Maybe it’s just a phase, maybe they like to play atheist advocate in order to get honest dialog instead of the BS that gets thrown around on Christian sites. And maybe they’re just angry at God. There’s nothing wrong with that. How do I know what their relationship is with God? How do I know what their judgment day will bring?

Maybe I need to use my talents differently. Maybe the Veridican Church needs to be about faith, dreams, and support. Maybe that’s where all the difference is made.

Like I said, a different wind is blowing, and I’m thinking I need a different tack.

Congratulations Egs on finding yet another plateau from which to bungee... maybe this "progression" will be a bit more positive. Contemplation is a productive perspective... but still... many here might be simply bored of watching you bounce around to finally end up once again, twisting in the wind.

Oh well... it's kooky but, no more or less kooky than Kingsy-kooky. Empathy man; maybe now you understand a bit how others might feel and maybe now you'll understand that it could help you to feel a little more comfortable in your skin. Shy

Agreed, except for one thing. No one is bored. No
Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2013, 04:45 PM

(30-04-2013 04:05 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  If he's omnipotent, he could make it less of a struggle. Certainly less than our entire lives. If he's omniscient, he has to know what a struggle we're going through. And if he loves us so much that he sacrificed is only begotten son, then why doesn't he love us enough to lessen our struggle?

You have to struggle to grow. Ever seen a loser on a couch with no job playing playstation, smoking weed, and eating constantly. That's the kind of person that just can't accept a God that would make him struggle.
Quote this message in a reply