A Different Wind is Blowing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2013, 10:52 PM

RE: A Different Wind is Blowing
(30-04-2013 06:04 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Actually, you are wrong, VIVID dreams can be a symptom of mania. I'm not saying it's the cause, just a piece of the pie my dear. Trust me. I know. You don't live with someone who has bipolar for years and not know these things.

Quote the source. I referenced the DSM IV, I even admitted I was wrong in that there is such a thing called "nightmare D/O." So, quote your source. Aren't you atheists supposed to be all about science and we theists know nothing about it? Because all I see is that you lived with someone with bipolar d/o and that person also happened to have vivid dreams.

I will fully admit you schooled me if you can quote a credible source. Maybe I missed something in the DSM IV, so school me. I'm always eager to learn more about psychiatry. I have no pride in that regard.

Quote: I dream, and I even have vivid dreams from time to time, but you seem to have a lot in a row and base your world view off of them. I'm not blowing a different wind outta my butt. :roll eyes:

You ought to try interpreting them. They're messages from the Divine--important ones. You only have so much time, you know?
[Image: funeral.gif]

Quote:All kidding aside, I truly do wonder, Edward. It's not a bad thing. It's a good thing to get checked out, it doesn't do harm. If anything it could help, or be nothing at all and you'd know you're fine anyway.

Thanks for the advice given out of utter contempt, but I've already met Oz.
Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2013, 10:55 PM

(30-04-2013 08:12 PM)Dom Wrote:  So god is a dream?

Yeah, that's it.
30-04-2013, 10:57 PM
(30-04-2013 10:55 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 08:12 PM)Dom Wrote:  So god is a dream?

Yeah, that's it.

wet dreams included? Laughat

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2013, 11:11 PM

(30-04-2013 09:42 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  It never ceases to amaze me that while the whole idea of dreams coming from an outside force has been thoroughly debunked by science

No it hasn't. You're wrong. We don't have the first clue what dreams are or why. We don't have a clue what the mind is or where it comes from. I know, you think we do, but you've never really studied these things beyond freshman psychology--assuming you've even been to college. The fact is, and doubt me all you want, it doesn't matter--we don't have a clue.

But I've had precognitive dreams. Powerful ones. And I've interpreted dreams for hundreds of people. The messages in their dreams should be put together in a book of wisdom...oh fuck....Ohmy

I think they will be. Unsure

Quote:that someone still thinks there is something magical going on. The science of dreams show that dreams range from random neuronal firings to rehearsing something that we've been learning to images that may give us analogies for things that have been weighing on our minds. There is nothing magical about it.

How do neuronal firings produce the mind that has the dream? You brought it up.
[Image: 27.gif]

Quote: Just as there is no correlation between planetary alignments having any influence whatsoever on human behavior or personality.

Well, my natal chart is very accurate. The natal charts of those I've done at work (my collegues, including my boss) are very accurate, or they tell me they are. But I won't fight you on that one. I use a type of astrology to help with dream analysis. It's my own tool, and I can't vouch for it outside of that. But it does seem logical to me that if the Divine created time and motion to go with it, that the planets and constellations could give an indication of His plan, or at least the fatalistic forces operating throughout the timespan of a life. I mean, why not? And it doesn't hurt to try, right? If you gave me a dream and your birth info, and I did an analysis and it didn't fit, you would have lost nothing in the process, right? So there it is.

Quote:Ed, your yearning to wish there is some "other" entity out there is whacky enough, but your rejection of science and common sense in favor of debunked pseudo-science is seriously demented. Next you'll be telling us you wear aluminum foil hats to keep the aliens from monitoring your thoughts. Big Grin

Well, the aliens are a bitch, but I don't want to get sidetracked. I am scientific when I need to be and psychic when I need to be. You claim scientific knowledge that is false, so how's that different from your opinion of astrology? Consider
30-04-2013, 11:24 PM
Quote:Changes in sleep that last for more than two weeks or interfere with your life can point to an underlying condition. Of course, many things may contribute to sleep problems. Here's what you need to know about the many connections between bipolar disorder and sleep, and what you can do to improve your sleep.

How Bipolar Disorder Affects Sleep

Bipolar disorder may affect sleep in many ways. For example, it can lead to:

Insomnia, the inability to fall asleep or remain asleep long enough to feel rested.
Delayed sleep phase syndrome, a circadian-rhythm sleep disorder resulting in insomnia and daytime sleepiness.
REM (rapid eye movement) sleep abnormalities, which may make dreams very vivid or bizarre.
Irregular sleep-wake schedules, which sometimes results from a lifestyle that involves drug-seeking behavior at night.

Web MD

Quote:Does Bipolar Disorder Affect Dreams?

By Marcia Purse — From about.com August 25, 2011 714 7 7

A reader asked us: "Do people with bipolar disorder have extra-vivid dreams and an inordinate number of nightmares or other sleeping disorders?" The simple answer is yes, we do - but looking a little further into the subject yields some fascinating information.
Dreams and nightmares occur during REM (rapid-eye-movement) sleep. In normal sleepers, there is more deep sleep at first, and then as the hours pass, periods of REM sleep become longer. This general pattern, however, can be distorted or disrupted by any one of a number of sleep disorders or disturbances, many of which have been shown to be associated with bipolar disorder.

Bipolar Disorder Connect

And here is a link to International Bipolar Foundation with an article and some more resources at the bottom.

Look, I'm not saying it's a prominent or completely telling symptom or sign, I'm just saying it's possible.

Sorry about the seemingly contempt attitude. Maybe part of me is, because you hurl insults constantly, and you never talk things out without getting nasty yourself. I'm actually shocked you responded to my posts twice, let alone even once. I am honestly concerned, though. I'm glad you said you saw someone, if you did. I think getting more opinions is something worth looking into, though. It took a board of doctors to diagnose my husband, but as soon as he had the proper diagnosis he has been doing well for years.

Did you tell your doctor about the things you tell us? Did you visit just one time? (You could have been fine then). Just some thoughts. And please try to not be on the defensive in your next reply, if you do reply. I tried in mine Smile
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
30-04-2013, 11:30 PM
(30-04-2013 11:11 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 09:42 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  It never ceases to amaze me that while the whole idea of dreams coming from an outside force has been thoroughly debunked by science

No it hasn't. You're wrong. We don't have the first clue what dreams are or why. We don't have a clue what the mind is or where it comes from. I know, you think we do, but you've never really studied these things beyond freshman psychology--assuming you've even been to college. The fact is, and doubt me all you want, it doesn't matter--we don't have a clue.

But I've had precognitive dreams. Powerful ones. And I've interpreted dreams for hundreds of people. The messages in their dreams should be put together in a book of wisdom...oh fuck....Ohmy

I think they will be. Unsure

Why bring up the college crap as if what you say is better than someone else's discovered and verifiable truth? Do you know how much information is in the world beyond college, and how fast discoveries are being made in relation to neurology vs. 'college'? I learnt more outside of college about the brain and it's neuro/psycho than I ever did in it, like umpteen obscene amounts more.

Precog is a type of cold reading. You ever look into cold reading and hypnotism? Power of suggestion? Faux-recalls? I've 'precog-ed' too.
30-04-2013, 11:52 PM

(30-04-2013 11:30 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I learnt more outside of college about the brain and it's neuro/psycho than I ever did in it, like umpteen obscene amounts more.

[Image: 8%20(1).gif]

Quote:Precog is a type of cold reading. You ever look into cold reading and hypnotism? Power of suggestion? Faux-recalls? I've 'precog-ed' too.

So, did you have a real precognitive experience or were you faking it?
01-05-2013, 12:05 AM

(30-04-2013 11:24 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  REM (rapid eye movement) sleep abnormalities, which may make dreams very vivid or bizarre.

Web MD

A lot of times I use Web MD when I'm educating patients, so I have to say, in my opinion, it's a credible enough of a source. So, cool, I stand corrected.

[Image: 0221b%20(1).gif]

Quote:Sorry about the seemingly contempt attitude. Maybe part of me is, because you hurl insults constantly, and you never talk things out without getting nasty yourself.

I don't think that's fair. I'm not hurling insults at you now, am I? I really don't get nasty unless I'm firing back at something someone said. In other words, in my opinion, I never start the fight. I just get tired of having to take the moral high ground all the time. People are offended by the mere fact I exist. I can't help them with that.

Quote:I think getting more opinions is something worth looking into, though. It took a board of doctors to diagnose my husband, but as soon as he had the proper diagnosis he has been doing well for years.

I'm glad to hear your husband is doing well. I am very familiar with bipolar d/o and the havoc it can cause in a family.

Quote:Did you tell your doctor about the things you tell us? Did you visit just one time? (You could have been fine then). Just some thoughts. And please try to not be on the defensive in your next reply, if you do reply. I tried in mine Smile

LJ, if you want to have a conversation, you're going to have to drop the "Why don't you get help" crap. Okay? It's ridiculous and insulting to me. My life is not easy, but it's working for now--for now--and I'm functioning at a very high level in it. I'm an intelligent, creative, religious person. So, this is what I do with my free time. Cool?

[Image: 38%20(9).gif]
01-05-2013, 12:10 AM

(30-04-2013 10:31 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  

Very good. I was wanting to watch something interesting tonight. Thanks. Drinking Beverage
01-05-2013, 10:08 AM
(01-05-2013 12:05 AM)Egor Wrote:  
Quote:Did you tell your doctor about the things you tell us? Did you visit just one time? (You could have been fine then). Just some thoughts. And please try to not be on the defensive in your next reply, if you do reply. I tried in mine Smile

LJ, if you want to have a conversation, you're going to have to drop the "Why don't you get help" crap. Okay? It's ridiculous and insulting to me. My life is not easy, but it's working for now--for now--and I'm functioning at a very high level in it. I'm an intelligent, creative, religious person. So, this is what I do with my free time. Cool?

[Image: 38%20(9).gif]

I don't know why it would be insulting? I am not saying you're not smart or you're unworthy of the thoughts or ideas you have. I am saying I worry about your wellbeing and I believe reality is the best place to be, especially for our minds, in order to be the most healthy. Suggesting something mental going on is essentially the same as suggesting something physical going on, like diabetes or a thyroid issue. Mental issues are physical issues and nothing more or less, no stigma should be attached.

I can drop it, but it doesn't mean I'm not thinking it or retract my opinions or suggestions. Smile

About precog.

Yes, I've had dreams that later turn out to seem similar to events, but I don't see how it's anything beyond coincidence. Just similar (very similar) details. Even IF (if!!!) precognition were true, why does it have to be God based or sent? Why not just a glitch in time relativity or other spacial causes?