A Different Wind is Blowing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2013, 03:59 PM
RE: A Different Wind is Blowing
Ha! No one suspects the petulant defense! Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
01-05-2013, 04:08 PM
(01-05-2013 03:59 PM)kim Wrote:  Ha! No one suspects the petulant defense! Drinking Beverage

And no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

I don't know why, but your wording reminded me of that. I couldn't resist, sorry.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
01-05-2013, 04:39 PM
(01-05-2013 04:08 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I don't know why, but your wording reminded me of that. I couldn't resist, sorry.

Totally intentional - glad someone got it!

Why are we whispering?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
01-05-2013, 04:49 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2013 04:53 PM by Vera.)
(01-05-2013 04:39 PM)kim Wrote:  Totally intentional - glad someone got it!
Hey! I got it too. And am still giggling. And I don't think it's just the drink.

Also, I love posting songs, so there!

Quote:Why are we whispering?

'Cause:

"people follow like sheep, even though there is nowhere to go..."

Just realised that this is what they're singing and I'm stunned at how appropriate it actually is in this thread. Maybe Johnny ain't the only prophet around Consider

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
01-05-2013, 07:44 PM
(01-05-2013 03:47 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(01-05-2013 01:11 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Just for the record, I have my B.A. in Psychology, a M.Div. with a counseling emphasis, completed two years of full-time coursework for a Master's in Psychology and just two months ago was accepted into the MSW program at UW. I guess you could say I know a couple things about psychology and brain physiology. Drinking Beverage

Great. Do you have a point?

Quote:I dreamt that the brakes failed on my car. Was this a prediction? No. The brakes were bad on my car and I was waiting for payday to get them fixed.

That's not a precognitive dream then, is it? And as for confirmation bias: You're right, it could be--but then it might not be.

Quote:Astrology? Same thing. We hear what we want to hear. "You're going to meet a stranger today." Wow! I did meet a stranger. Probably because I work in customer service. Drinking Beverage

That's what a soft masters degree gets you? That's what you think I think synchronicity is? Surely you know the term for this, there has to be one, when you oversimplify something in order to shoot it down. Whatever that's called, that's what you're doing. I'm not asking you to believe in astrology. You can believe whatever you want.

Quote:I present you with a challenge: make up a mock chart for yourself adding 6 months to your birthdate. Forget all the descriptions from your "actual" chart. I'd be willing to make a small wager that you'll find the mock chart will describe you perfectly! We see what we want to see.

There's a way of calculating houses. I have used several different methods, which end up doing what you say. The only one that really fits is the one I use, the Placidean method, which is the method I use for all of them. But astrology is just a tool for the psychic arts. I don't think it's a science.

When I interpret a dream and then apply the transiting planets at the time of the dream to the natal chart of the dreamer, I get a way of helping me decide what the symbols in the dream mean, especially when they could mean different things. I have had great success with that.

I don't really like using astrology on its own to predict the future, because the alignment of the planets and stars serve only as an indicator of the fatalistic winds that are blowing on us. But we're driving the sailboat. We have the rudder and the mainsheet on our hands.

Quote:Final thought about astrology: The bible calls those who practice it, an abomination, so if I'm wrong and you're right, you're gonna be in huge trouble with The Big Guy. Laughat

I don't care what the Bible says about it. And is that what your MSW and M.Div. get you? You still have to come online and mock people for their beliefs? What a great social worker you're going to make. What a difference tens of thousands of dollars of education can make. Dodgy

My point is you made yourself look foolish again by accusing me of having taken only freshman psychology. Drinking Beverage

And...

Have I made fun of your beliefs or simply pointed out deluded thinking? Consider

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
01-05-2013, 08:57 PM
(01-05-2013 03:47 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(01-05-2013 01:11 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Just for the record, I have my B.A. in Psychology, a M.Div. with a counseling emphasis, completed two years of full-time coursework for a Master's in Psychology and just two months ago was accepted into the MSW program at UW. I guess you could say I know a couple things about psychology and brain physiology. Drinking Beverage

Great. Do you have a point?

Quote:I dreamt that the brakes failed on my car. Was this a prediction? No. The brakes were bad on my car and I was waiting for payday to get them fixed.

That's not a precognitive dream then, is it? And as for confirmation bias: You're right, it could be--but then it might not be.

Quote:Astrology? Same thing. We hear what we want to hear. "You're going to meet a stranger today." Wow! I did meet a stranger. Probably because I work in customer service. Drinking Beverage

That's what a soft masters degree gets you? That's what you think I think synchronicity is? Surely you know the term for this, there has to be one, when you oversimplify something in order to shoot it down. Whatever that's called, that's what you're doing. I'm not asking you to believe in astrology. You can believe whatever you want.

Quote:I present you with a challenge: make up a mock chart for yourself adding 6 months to your birthdate. Forget all the descriptions from your "actual" chart. I'd be willing to make a small wager that you'll find the mock chart will describe you perfectly! We see what we want to see.

There's a way of calculating houses. I have used several different methods, which end up doing what you say. The only one that really fits is the one I use, the Placidean method, which is the method I use for all of them. But astrology is just a tool for the psychic arts. I don't think it's a science.

When I interpret a dream and then apply the transiting planets at the time of the dream to the natal chart of the dreamer, I get a way of helping me decide what the symbols in the dream mean, especially when they could mean different things. I have had great success with that.

I don't really like using astrology on its own to predict the future, because the alignment of the planets and stars serve only as an indicator of the fatalistic winds that are blowing on us. But we're driving the sailboat. We have the rudder and the mainsheet on our hands.

Quote:Final thought about astrology: The bible calls those who practice it, an abomination, so if I'm wrong and you're right, you're gonna be in huge trouble with The Big Guy. Laughat

I don't care what the Bible says about it. And is that what your MSW and M.Div. get you? You still have to come online and mock people for their beliefs? What a great social worker you're going to make. What a difference tens of thousands of dollars of education can make. Dodgy

LOL

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
01-05-2013, 09:16 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2013 09:35 PM by GirlyMan.)
Only difference in the direction of the wind is the different noxious stenches as far as I can tell, from the south I smell sweaty ballsack, from the west I smell asshole, from the north I smell prick, and from the east I smell a particularly toxic mixture of all 3. Dude's hygiene is questionable.
And dude still thinks the map to Honah Lee is real and and shit and he just gotta keep looking for it (fuckin' Vera sending Girly down the reminiscence rabbit hole and shit Tongue).

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
01-05-2013, 10:41 PM
(01-05-2013 03:47 PM)Egor Wrote:  What a great social worker you're going to make. What a difference tens of thousands of dollars of education can make. Dodgy

This bullshit from the nurse who threatens people, and the church founder who is the master of insults. Look who's talkin. The guy who knows that all atheists are atheists because they want to sin. Yes indeed. Look who's talkin. The best advertisement for atheism yet. Edward J. Gordon RN, Insulting, Presumptuous Psycho Nurse, at your service. He's so Jebus-like, it'll blind ya. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche