A European web?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2014, 05:53 AM
A European web?
This week Merkel will be proposing to Hollande that in a move of European cooperation a European communications network will be set up to provide more safety from foreign spying for web users in Europe. So far the only country that is officialy against it is the UK.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26210053

As good as I believe this proposal is, I think it does not go far enought. There is a lack of debate and legislation on the rights of privacy on the web. And I believe it is time that society starts debating the issue on a grander forum and moves towards political action and the formulating of legislation.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2014, 09:44 AM
RE: A European web?
More government tampering and restrictions to combat previous/other government tampering . Consider

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
18-02-2014, 12:31 AM
(16-02-2014 05:53 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  As good as I believe this proposal is, I think it does not go far enought. There is a lack of debate and legislation on the rights of privacy on the web. And I believe it is time that society starts debating the issue on a grander forum and moves towards political action and the formulating of legislation.

Do you really trust them to abide by whatever legislation they come up with? No.

The next step of the web, is going to be anonymous encrypted webs within the web, with new encryption that is actually strong and not designed by the NSA to be hackable. This will happen organically, not top down, because no-one trusts the top anymore.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
[+] 1 user Likes toadaly's post
18-02-2014, 09:45 AM
And exactly how do they intend to keep prying eyes out of it?

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade