A Few Questions For Christians

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2014, 08:33 AM
RE: A Few Questions For Christians
(04-01-2014 10:59 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  You're one of those magic-underwear nutjobs. You aren't even a christian.

TM - I'm calling you out on bad behavior. Stop it. Stop vilifying everyone that doesn't think exactly like you do. It's annoying, capricious and I'm fucking tired of it. Grow up already.

Jazz asked a question wanting an honest and respectful dialog. And you are ambushing them after they approach. It's cowardly.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Cathym112's post
05-01-2014, 06:12 PM
(31-12-2013 03:21 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Windy, do you reject evolution?
Why would I reject facts? No, I accept any truth.
No, I don't reject evolution.

(31-12-2013 03:21 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Have you not done the biblical math to arrive at an age of the earth and the universe?
No, I have not done the math. I don't have sufficient data.

(31-12-2013 03:21 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  When saying the bible doesn't say how old the earth is, that's technically correct, but I believe that answer is intellectually dishonest. Do you accept the biblical math as the answer to the question?
Bible is silent about age of the earth. But Prophet Joseph Smith taught that age of the earth is eternity. Why eternity? Because earth is organized from eternal elements. Earth as a planet could exist for billions years. Nobody knows exact age of the Earth.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
05-01-2014, 06:24 PM
(05-01-2014 06:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  

(31-12-2013 03:21 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Have you not done the biblical math to arrive at an age of the earth and the universe?

(31-12-2013 03:21 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  When saying the bible doesn't say how old the earth is, that's technically correct, but I believe that answer is intellectually dishonest. Do you accept the biblical math as the answer to the question?
Bible is silent about age of the earth. But Prophet Joseph Smith taught that age of the earth is eternity. Why eternity? Because earth is organized from eternal elements. Earth as a planet could exist for billions years. Nobody knows exact age of the Earth.

We know that is approximately 4.5 billion years old.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-01-2014, 06:25 PM
(04-01-2014 07:41 PM)Baruch Wrote:  Alla - what is your response when the information from the your Holy Ghost revelations does not match up with independent evidence gathered from our knowledge of the world around us ????
When it happens I will let you know. I don't believe that Holy Ghost would teach something that is not true.

(04-01-2014 07:41 PM)Baruch Wrote:  What if independent evidence showed the Noah story to be fabricated mythology without a shred of historicity - does that not contradict the holy ghost ????
I don't know. Holy Ghost didn't testify to me about Noah story. But I do know that Noah story is not important for my salvation. If I don't believe(or believe) it doesn't matter. It is not going to effect my standing before God.

(04-01-2014 07:41 PM)Baruch Wrote:  Remember Jesus believed in the Noah story - is it possible Jesus was wrong about the Noach story based on copious amounts of geological & biological evidence we have today but Jesus (if existed) had no access to ???
Why did Jesus believe in the Noah story ????
What exactly did Jesus believe about Noah story?
I just want to hear it from you - what you think He believed.

(04-01-2014 07:41 PM)Baruch Wrote:  Is there an independent way to validate the alleged truth of the messages given via the Holy Ghost other than your subjective feeling about it ?
Yes. God MAY provide the evidence. But only to me. That is why it is called "PERSONAL revelation".

05-01-2014, 07:05 PM
(05-01-2014 06:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  

Thanks Alla. YECs have reverse engineered the information from the bible to arrive at their age of the earth, which is 6K-10K. When you say the bible is silent, you are being literal, yes? Does the math these YECs use mean nothing to you?

So by agreeing with evolution, do you dismiss Genesis as poetry? Just trying to narrow this down, I mean you can't cherry-pick from Genesis can you?

And you're saying you are a Mormon? If that was revealed before, I'm sorry, I missed it.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
05-01-2014, 07:17 PM
(05-01-2014 07:05 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Thanks Alla. YECs have reverse engineered the information from the bible to arrive at their age of the earth, which is 6K-10K. When you say the bible is silent, you are being literal, yes? Does the math these YECs use mean nothing to you?
I don't know how I will come up with 6K-10K based on the Bible.

(05-01-2014 07:05 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  So by agreeing with evolution, do you dismiss Genesis as poetry? Just trying to narrow this down, I mean you can't cherry-pick from Genesis can you?
I don't dismiss Genesis. What does it have to do with evolution?

(05-01-2014 07:05 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  And you're saying you are a Mormon? If that was revealed before, I'm sorry, I missed it.
Yes, I am LDS and it was revealed a couple of times.Smile
And English is my second language that is why my English can be funny.

05-01-2014, 07:28 PM
The Genesis story says god made Adam and Eve as the first humans, but evolution proves that's not true. Do you take A&E as symbolism then, just like I asked before, that's it mere poetry?

And can you not reverse engineer the dates and ages in the bible to get you to the 6K figure? Are there missing elements in the LDS version?

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me