A Fox poll with Obama in the lead.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2012, 11:04 AM
A Fox poll with Obama in the lead.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05/...latestnews

I find it interesting that 4 times more people are voting for Romney because 'he's not Obama' than those voting for Obama because 'he's not Romney'.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2012, 11:35 AM
RE: A Fox poll with Obama in the lead.
I think they might not outright say it but they are voting for Obama because he's not Romney. The policies are different. Isn't that the whole idea of voting for one guy over the other? I'm being a smart ass.

Recently as many of the opponents have fallen away, the only bad press for Obama I've seen has been his stance on medical marijuana.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-05-2012, 11:38 AM
(17-05-2012 11:35 AM)lucradis Wrote:  I think they might not outright say it but they are voting for Obama because he's not Romney. The policies are different. Isn't that the whole idea of voting for one guy over the other? I'm being a smart ass.

Recently as many of the opponents have fallen away, the only bad press for Obama I've seen has been his stance on medical marijuana.
I think that Dems are genuinely satisfied with Obama. While Repubs simply hate him. They don't even like Romney enough to state what it is they like about him. All they can't say is "anyone but Obama".

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
17-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Uh Oh...Brett Baier has been hitting the bottle again. Too drunk to remember the internal memo that any poll that paints Obama in a good light is NEVER to be shown on Fox News! No No No

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
17-05-2012, 11:47 AM
I can say that Obamas team were smart to have him wait until after the say no to happy gay marriage vote passed. Masterful timing. It has given him a positive spin when he was almost so far in the background people were forgetting he was still running. It also put a negative spin on him for all of the anti gay marriage people. Especially when he said he was looking to revert that law.
Gonna be interesting to see how the numbers come out this time.

Lots of angry christians me thinks. What do you mean you voted for Obama Lisa?! Don't you know he's pro gay marriage, aren't you a Christian?, "of course I'm a Christian mom, but there's nothing wrong with gay marriage" Get out of my house devil spawn!

Oh the fun to be had.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-05-2012, 10:56 PM
The poll is flawed and I heard they skewed it. They polled registered voters. Most polls of "likely voters" put Romney in the lead.

Why skew it and lie? To get their viewers to vote for Romney and let democrats keep believing the lie that obama has it in the bag. Something Bill Maher warned about.

Romney has no grassroots support. Obama has some. Which is why when polls include progressive Rocky Anderson, Obama has an advantage.

Are the candidates different? Kinda. Who would I prefer winning out of the two? Romney. What is my political view? I'm almost on the corner for liberal on politicalcompass.org supposedly (I think it exaggerated how far I am- it put me almost twice as far from the center as Nader who I agree with on most issues). Why? They are so close. Under Obama, however, Republicans care more about ruining Obama than the country and liberals step aside for Obama. Under Romney, it would be the exact opposite. Will I vote Romney? No- still deciding between Anderson and Stein.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Thumbs Up Obama Wins "Lie of the Year" Award Can_of_Beans 24 663 19-12-2013 03:58 PM
Last Post: Chas
  Debate the merits of guns in America (poll added) TheBeardedDude 118 3,360 29-08-2013 04:38 PM
Last Post: Dark Light
  Obama being flamed for Egypt. Why? PatThePoltergeist 26 781 18-08-2013 04:27 AM
Last Post: Juv
  Pulling the "race card" card (now with a poll) TheBeardedDude 279 4,236 03-08-2013 09:31 AM
Last Post: TheBeardedDude
  Why did Jews have race fueled hatred for Obama I and I 5 272 28-07-2013 06:06 PM
Last Post: earmuffs
  They're applauding Obama at the memorial ceremony for the Boston tragedy TrainWreck 26 987 24-04-2013 05:02 PM
Last Post: bbeljefe
  How many people you know brought up Obama after the Boston bombing? Buddy Christ 14 666 16-04-2013 08:18 PM
Last Post: Revenant77x