A Friend Posted This Today

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2013, 06:42 AM
A Friend Posted This Today
I've uncovered the oldest trick in the book ... quite literally.

Genesis 3:5 for God knows that when you eat from it (the tree of the knowledge of good and evil) your eyes will open and you will be like divine beings who know good and evil.

The created claiming to be a god appears, to me at least, to be the hight of pride, the exact opposite of God, who is eternally humble; humble enough to die on a cross.

Beyond that, becoming divine via the accumulation of knowledge is quite spurious. How in the world does becoming smart make me a god? One wishes Eve were paying more attention to Satan's claim!

Even if the serpent's postulation were correct, noting that we cannot understand the simplest things of nature through science, even when we see it with our very eyes, then our godlike level must then be mathematically speaking proportional to the the ratio of our knowledge divided by the knowledge of the Creator. This comes very, very close to zero. If we lived to be a trillion years old and studied the length of our life, the ratio would still be zero.

Claiming to be as smart as God is likewise very prideful indeed, which is what the postulation requires. What do I do with someone who claims he can fly to the moon by flapping his arms when it is quite obvious he cannot? I may want to spare myself the fruitless discussion!

The oldest trick in the Good Book is still in use, and the consequences of falling for it are there to read as well. Sadly, the author of the trick will keep on selling it as long as people keep on buying it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2013, 07:02 AM
RE: A Friend Posted This Today
lol he thinks snakes can talk Hobo

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
06-06-2013, 07:03 AM
PleaseJesus has friends that aren't imaginary? Wow, the world is full of surprises, I say.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
06-06-2013, 07:20 AM
I suspect another copy pasta.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
06-06-2013, 07:34 AM
Methinks he has not read the book of Job.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
06-06-2013, 07:40 AM
(06-06-2013 07:34 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Methinks he has not read the book of Job.

I just read that like "teh berk o' Jeb!"

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
06-06-2013, 07:45 AM
(06-06-2013 07:40 AM)nach_in Wrote:  
(06-06-2013 07:34 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Methinks he has not read the book of Job.

I just read that like "teh berk o' Jeb!"

Now I sort of want to see a South Park parody with Cartman playing the role of Job.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
06-06-2013, 08:01 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2013 09:33 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Of course that's the childish re-invention. The "original sin" garbage.
Originally, as Martin Buber, the famous Jewish Talmud scholar and philosopher pointed out, in his great book "Good and Evil" Part II, the "becoming like a god" was the "encompassing of opposites". THAT was what the text meant. NOT DISOBEDIENCE. What does that mean ? It meant the allegorical/mythological/literary attempt to "know" *chaos*. BOTH good AND evil at the same time. Then the Christians took the idea, and turned it on it's head, and cooked up "salvation". The original idea was amazingly insightful for ancient humans. The Christian BS not so much. Chaos vs order was a common, popular theme in ancient Mesopotamia. It's where they got the myth in the first place, (from the Enuma Elish) where Tiamet slayed the Dragon of Chaos. Actually the Hebrew version was quite/somewhat insightful, IMO. The need to make a moral choice. One must chose one's path. They were fascinated by that fact. The need for choice. The Christian bastardization of it, loses the original insight, and makes choice irrelevant, if Jebus just comes along and saves everyone from their choices.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ic-Origins

There is not a shred of evidence that humans ever existed in a primeval, "pre-fall", ("preternaturally perfect") state. The human condition was, and remains the same.
SPJTJ is about to try to justify his Christian crap, as the solution for the fake problem. In fact, human nature was then, and remains the same. Before and after his Jebus, nothing essentially has changed. "Salvation" was ineffective. A fraud, to increase membership. Pleasy is in the religion business, you realize. It's about money for the cult.
Try again SPJTJ. We gots your number. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
06-06-2013, 08:08 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2013 08:25 AM by Reltzik.)
(06-06-2013 07:20 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  I suspect another copy pasta.

Just checked. If so, it isn't popular, this thread's the top Google hit. Looks like PJ had an original idea. .... no, wait, his friend posted it, nevermind.

In addition to not presenting an original idea of his own, in posting this here PJ (as usual) shows an utter lack of even the most basic comprehension about his intended audience. I doubt there's a single atheist on this board who...

1. thinks that acquired knowledge leads to apotheosis.
  2. has a goal of apotheosis in the first place.
  3. believes that lengthy study will result in infinite knowledge
  4. thinks their knowledge is at all comparable to God's.
  5. thinks that God exists at all.
  6. takes guidance from the Genesis serpent.
  7. regard quotations from Genesis as having any particular validity or being at all useful in debunking this non-existent belief or desire of becoming gods themselves.

The result is a bit like using Scientology to explain why one online trading ap is better than another at a meeting of the Amish. PJ is using reasoning that most everyone here will reject out of hand, to make a point which the target audience will be highly skeptical about, will inevitably see as being loaded with so many false assumptions that it is best ignored, and will not regard as being relevant to their lives anyway.

And that's not just this post, that's almost every thread PJ starts.

I keep asking PJ to explain the reasoning behind why he posts something here... not because I think he's crossed some line, but because I'm utterly bewildered by why he makes these decisions. He keeps not answering, and to be fair he's under no obligation to do so. Instead, I think I'll speculate. And my speculation is that PJ doesn't actually think about it at all. He's simply a meme repeater, copy-pasting anything that tweaks his fancy, without the slightest care as to whether we give a damn. He's that irritating cousin we all hate who insists, without invitation, on forwarding every new lolcat to us, except instead of lolcats he's got Bible verses and specious reasoning that hardly ever makes a point we care about.

In any case, PJ, I'd be mildly interested to see something YOU put together which is addressed to US. Not put together by Dave Hunt, not the council of Nycea, not some unaccredited story about a special needs brother floating around on the net, not an anonymous friend. (And certainly not WLC.) And definitely none of these people addressing Christians. YOU. Talking to US. Consider this a gauntlet thrown. Do you actually have any ideas of your own to share, that we might actually be interested in?

And if not, I will again ask, why are you wasting your time here?

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post
06-06-2013, 08:16 AM
Ignore this post, failededithitreplybuttonwha?

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail