A Friend Posted This Today

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2013, 10:54 AM
RE: A Friend Posted This Today
(06-06-2013 10:07 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(06-06-2013 09:31 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  At least this time he said he got it from a friend.

But ya...

What really ticks me off are people who insist because someone ate something they shouldn't have in the fucking bronze age...we all have to deal with it.

My dad was an asshole..does that mean my kids have to apologize to everyone and beg forgiveness for something that happened before they were even conceived?

I don't think anyone rationally believes that....

And yet???

No wonder they had to cook up a story about a martyr dying for everyone's sins...

And yet, people refuse to see this. Those who do are told they're just "having a crisis of faith and should pray harder."

It's all so convoluted and contrived.

I think you have it reversed Momsbb They invented the fall (in the current context) because they had the martyr. Paul had his mystical Christos but need a reason for him to be a living sacrifice.

Yes...of course you're right. And it's just another reason I don't understand the minions that just follow Saul of Tarsus. I just NEVER understood it and never will.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Quote:Of course that's the childish re-invention. The "original sin" garbage.

I don't believe in original sin. Where did you get that concept from the post I shared?

Quote:Consider this a gauntlet thrown. Do you actually have any ideas of your own to share, that we might actually be interested in?

And if not, I will again ask, why are you wasting your time here?

The "prove you exist and I'll prove God exists" was one of my own (one of many). It did run dry... after over 90 pages of thread. Gauntlet accepted, Mister Bond.
06-06-2013, 11:57 AM
(06-06-2013 10:54 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(06-06-2013 10:07 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I think you have it reversed Momsbb They invented the fall (in the current context) because they had the martyr. Paul had his mystical Christos but need a reason for him to be a living sacrifice.
Yes...of course you're right. And it's just another reason I don't understand the minions that just follow Saul of Tarsus. I just NEVER understood it and never will.

Paul was bent on rewriting a bunch of stuff because the other, word-of-mouth stories, left far too much room for self governance. That was fine for a thriving Roman system but not so much for a proposition of feudal rule. Paul was hedging his bets; he was wanting to come out on top whichever way things happened to go. One might say he was trying to give the Jews a sort of leveraged buy out. However, his fast-talking bullshit didn't set well with someone and he was executed around 67 AD.

Suffice to say, what Paul wrote, was what could be characterized today as disinformation. That's why it was so taken up by history - it's like believing in a second shooter on the grassy knoll with only a teensy bit of the supernatural "Kennedy Curse" thrown in - it's only slightly stranger than fiction so, it must be fact! It's all about the "ah ha" - the "what I see" - that is what makes it stick.

If one is left to the fringe elements, we would see a very, very different story, indeed. The fact that a fucking awesome fantasy was completely overlooked for this boring contrivance and that people ended up worshiping it, that is what is astonishing to me. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
06-06-2013, 12:21 PM
PJ, I must ask if you don't believe in original sin why did you post a discussion of the part of genesis that christians use to make the argument for original sin.

Was it to make the point that intelligence does not make humans "godlike". If so I would ask who here has made that assertion.

In case you care I find the arguments in the OP like the bible, unclear and in the end meaningless.
06-06-2013, 12:25 PM
I just find it pathetic so many were completely duped by him -- and still are. They quote him all the time, but overlook his misogyny and asexual bent. It's a shame he wasn't just simply forgotten as another nut like he deserved to be, of course, there is still time for that as more people take off their god glasses and realize man created all the gods that's ever existed...

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-06-2013, 12:27 PM
(06-06-2013 12:21 PM)JAH Wrote:  PJ, I must ask if you don't believe in original sin why did you post a discussion of the part of genesis that christians use to make the argument for original sin.

Was it to make the point that intelligence does not make humans "godlike". If so I would ask who here has made that assertion.

In case you care I find the arguments in the OP like the bible, unclear and in the end meaningless.

Pj is just attempting to rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic. It doesn't make a bit of difference the ship still goes down.

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-06-2013, 12:33 PM
(06-06-2013 11:46 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Of course that's the childish re-invention. The "original sin" garbage.

I don't believe in original sin. Where did you get that concept from the post I shared?

Quote:Consider this a gauntlet thrown. Do you actually have any ideas of your own to share, that we might actually be interested in?

And if not, I will again ask, why are you wasting your time here?

The "prove you exist and I'll prove God exists" was one of my own (one of many). It did run dry... after over 90 pages of thread. Gauntlet accepted, Mister Bond.

Which was, IIRC, months ago, and less an idea that you generated and more you wanting to sit around vetting the ideas of others.

EDIT: But I will grant that that thread, at least, was somewhat geared towards this target audience. Pity you seem to have lost that skill.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
06-06-2013, 04:22 PM
PJ is an ignoramus; willfully so. He is dishonest and evasive.

I will no longer respond to him and I suggest you all do the same; his amusement value is highly overrated. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
07-06-2013, 12:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2013 01:55 PM by ShirubaDangan.)
(06-06-2013 06:42 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I've uncovered the oldest trick in the book ... quite literally.

Genesis 3:5 for God knows that when you eat from it (the tree of the knowledge of good and evil) your eyes will open and you will be like divine beings who know good and evil.

The created claiming to be a god appears, to me at least, to be the hight of pride, the exact opposite of God, who is eternally humble; humble enough to die on a cross.

God is definitely quite humble to sacrifice himself, to himself to create a loophole instead of just simply forgiving. You are already more God like than that deity for doing something the Biblical God cannot achieve. He has to forgive through murder and a bloody human sacrifice. You do not. Why is that? Why can't he simply forgive? Why does he have to do something so brutal instead of showing us he is humble? Why create tragedies instead of showing his humbleness? I am tired of people saying he is humble when we should know it through his actions! Unfortunately those actions are atrocious.

(06-06-2013 06:42 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Beyond that, becoming divine via the accumulation of knowledge is quite spurious. How in the world does becoming smart make me a god? One wishes Eve were paying more attention to Satan's claim!

This is disgusting. How could have Eve even know about death? She was told she would die if she ate from this tree but in the apparent world she lived in(Which is false but let us just say it did exist) she did not know of death. Death apparently did not exist. Carnivores apparently didn't even eat meat! To me it definitely sounds like God requires sin for his designs to work. A lion is adept at killing and without sin would have had all these supposed designs like large teeth, claws and muscles for no apparent reason. It requires sin for it to work as intended so doesn't that mean that God wanted sin this whole time? He needed it and wanted to shift blame on his inept creations who knew nothing of the world and didn't have this intelligence. He wanted them ignorant but while the same, wanted to watch them suffer.

God could have of course placed the tree of knowledge in a difficult to reach place but instead leaves them completely alone and edible for them to eat. What a delightful God that he knows everything and would allow them to be persuaded so easily into taking it and punishing their children's children for something they did not commit.

(06-06-2013 06:42 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Even if the serpent's postulation were correct, noting that we cannot understand the simplest things of nature through science, even when we see it with our very eyes, then our godlike level must then be mathematically speaking proportional to the the ratio of our knowledge divided by the knowledge of the Creator. This comes very, very close to zero. If we lived to be a trillion years old and studied the length of our life, the ratio would still be zero.

Thankfully our knowledge surpasses this creator who believes it is ok to stone children and have slaves. Even if he did design the universe which I believe is poorly designed with massive amounts of destruction from galaxies colliding, black holes devouring massive amounts of stars and stars consistently exploding throughout numerous parts of our galaxy let alone all of those in the entire universe. We can design more effective ways to grow food than God and even the planet has large areas of land which aren't suitable for life. I thought God enjoyed life but then again he murders things simply for the entertainment it seems.

(06-06-2013 06:42 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Claiming to be as smart as God is likewise very prideful indeed, which is what the postulation requires. What do I do with someone who claims he can fly to the moon by flapping his arms when it is quite obvious he cannot? I may want to spare myself the fruitless discussion!

The oldest trick in the Good Book is still in use, and the consequences of falling for it are there to read as well. Sadly, the author of the trick will keep on selling it as long as people keep on buying it.

The thing is I don't even want to be as 'smart' as your God. If his intelligence requires children to die of starvation, watch people being raped and see people commit atrocities he does nothing about. I frankly am glad I don't have the type of stupidity that God requires to do such things.

You do want to spare yourself from fruitless discussion and I know you may never change your mind because you want to believe in your God like Hindu's want to believe all of theirs and Muslims want to do the same. One day Christian mythology will join the ranks of the Greeks and Norse God's. Except Greek and Norse God's will remain much more interesting in the end.

My biggest thing I want to know though is what do you believe about the contradictions in Genesis? Like light and plants existing before the sun or when Eve was created? Why do these all exists? In a book supposed filled with correct information. Science was also created by God so why do you refuse to use it? Why do you refuse to believe in something that exists to find truth? My last question is why do you believe God wants people to be gullible and ignorant? Why does he seem to pride that?

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 2 users Like ShirubaDangan's post