A Friend has gone off The Deep End.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2015, 10:51 AM
RE: A Friend has gone off The Deep End.
I can buy an 8-ounce soft drink, or 2 slices of cheese at the deli. I can buy 1 hamburger bun, or a half-pint of milk. But it sure seems Woo is only sold in the super-giant-humongous size.

Send him a few videos of Hitch. If you have to watch his claptrap, he should return the favor and watch yours.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2015, 11:02 AM
(01-08-2015 09:57 AM)kim Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 07:37 PM)pablo Wrote:  He said he's been laid off work for six months. Could be.

Oh well, there it is; he has too much time on his hands. He is in danger of slipping into a hermit hole and he is clutching at the only thing around: virtual reality a la interwebz.

This guy needs to expend some physical energy while participating in real world, news, & philosophical discussion. He'll need to be around someone who isn't crazy, of course. That's how you can help. Angel

Pablo, do you have any yard work or home remodeling that needs doing? Invite this guy over in the guise of needing "a helping hand". No doubt he's desperate for actual human contact (no homo) and will jump at the chance to ... clear out the garage or perhaps, do some rewiring.

Surely you could use a new deck? Shy

I thought the same thing when he first called me. Then he started telling me how he could convince he is correct if I would just listen to his theories.
I'm not woried about being convinced, but I don't think I want to waste that much of my life.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
01-08-2015, 03:59 PM
(01-08-2015 11:02 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(01-08-2015 09:57 AM)kim Wrote:  Oh well, there it is; he has too much time on his hands. He is in danger of slipping into a hermit hole and he is clutching at the only thing around: virtual reality a la interwebz.

This guy needs to expend some physical energy while participating in real world, news, & philosophical discussion. He'll need to be around someone who isn't crazy, of course. That's how you can help. Angel

Pablo, do you have any yard work or home remodeling that needs doing? Invite this guy over in the guise of needing "a helping hand". No doubt he's desperate for actual human contact (no homo) and will jump at the chance to ... clear out the garage or perhaps, do some rewiring.

Surely you could use a new deck? Shy

I thought the same thing when he first called me. Then he started telling me how he could convince he is correct if I would just listen to his theories.
I'm not woried about being convinced, but I don't think I want to waste that much of my life.

You can lead a horse to water - but you can't make him think he's not a duck, if he wants to think he is......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
01-08-2015, 04:11 PM
(01-08-2015 10:51 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  I can buy an 8-ounce soft drink, or 2 slices of cheese at the deli. I can buy 1 hamburger bun, or a half-pint of milk. But it sure seems Woo is only sold in the super-giant-humongous size.

Send him a few videos of Hitch. If you have to watch his claptrap, he should return the favor and watch yours.

I tried that. He thinks Dawkins and Krauss are full of shit but Trey Smith makes perfect sense. Facepalm
I don't think I can penetrate this level of delusion with any amount of logic and reason.
01-08-2015, 04:57 PM
My mom's boyfriend has a son who is a WTC conspiracist. We had a talk about it one night until he essentially said I was a conformist unable to question what I was told, and too stupid to see through it, at which point I ended the conversation.

Do not get bogged down in any conspiracy conversation. It will almost inevitably end as mine did, because conspiracists have a lot of ego wrapped up in their beliefs.

Full disclosure: I believe JFK was murdered by a conspiracy.
01-08-2015, 05:07 PM
(01-08-2015 04:57 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  My mom's boyfriend has a son who is a WTC conspiracist. We had a talk about it one night until he essentially said I was a conformist unable to question what I was told, and too stupid to see through it, at which point I ended the conversation.

Do not get bogged down in any conspiracy conversation. It will almost inevitably end as mine did, because conspiracists have a lot of ego wrapped up in their beliefs.

Full disclosure: I believe JFK was murdered by a conspiracy.

Yea, I think at some point it comes down to deciding what wall you think is worth banging your head against.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
02-08-2015, 01:46 AM
(01-08-2015 04:11 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(01-08-2015 10:51 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  I can buy an 8-ounce soft drink, or 2 slices of cheese at the deli. I can buy 1 hamburger bun, or a half-pint of milk. But it sure seems Woo is only sold in the super-giant-humongous size.

I tried that. He thinks Dawkins and Krauss are full of shit but Trey Smith makes perfect sense. Facepalm
I don't think I can penetrate this level of delusion with any amount of logic and reason.

Hence, my suggestion of a hard slap upside the head. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
07-09-2015, 02:42 PM
I got through about a minute, the guy has some creepy hand gestures while he talks. He sounds like a guy who used to do magic shows at malls and senior living centers.
07-09-2015, 02:55 PM
The gap band? Classic! Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
07-09-2015, 02:56 PM
Okay, since this rolled back up to the top I watched about a minute...hand gestures are quite extreme and there's no way I could watch the hour plus. Blink

I got to the banner with something like 'godinanutshell.com' and that was it for me. Facepalm

Not sure if I should be mad at Pablo for posting this to start with or with Rkane who resurrected it. Dodgy

Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat