A Fruitless Search for Love

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2016, 11:38 AM
RE: A Fruitless Search for Love
(18-01-2016 07:55 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  First off -- unless you want to meet drunks - avoid the bars.....

Sure - not everyone in a bar is a drunk -- but most drunks like bars. It's just a "drunk rich environment".

I can't believe women haven't figured this out. There's SOOOOOO many places where men congregate - that ANY woman who shows up, will probably get 20 phone numbers, just walking through......

Here's some of the places I've seen that women were a scarcity...

Any gun/knife show. Any motorcycle event. Any R/C flying field. Any farm auction.

What women seem to fail to realize -- is that it's generally VERY safe for them to wander around at such things - that are FULL of guys --- because the guys will generally be on their best behavior in front of any woman who shows up in such a place.......

Go where you're the minority. Then your choices are greater.

The only guys you'll meet at places like yoga classes, pottery lessons, basket weaving - ect --- are guys who are smart enough to go to places where WOMEN congregate........
Op isn't a woman. . . just so you know.

IgniteThought: I guess you could think about how you are going about this. It seems to that it's might be a good idea to find social stuff to do that interests you and then while doing that you might end up finding love.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2016, 11:39 AM
Oh and welcome.
18-01-2016, 03:16 PM
(18-01-2016 10:25 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 07:55 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  First off -- unless you want to meet drunks - avoid the bars.....

Sure - not everyone in a bar is a drunk -- but most drunks like bars. It's just a "drunk rich environment".

I can't believe women haven't figured this out. There's SOOOOOO many places where men congregate - that ANY woman who shows up, will probably get 20 phone numbers, just walking through......

Here's some of the places I've seen that women were a scarcity...

Any gun/knife show. Any motorcycle event. Any R/C flying field. Any farm auction.

What women seem to fail to realize -- is that it's generally VERY safe for them to wander around at such things - that are FULL of guys --- because the guys will generally be on their best behavior in front of any woman who shows up in such a place.......

Go where you're the minority. Then your choices are greater.

The only guys you'll meet at places like yoga classes, pottery lessons, basket weaving - ect --- are guys who are smart enough to go to places where WOMEN congregate........

But.... if you go to something you don't really care for "gun/knife shows, motorcycle shows or others" then you will be stuck going to them forever with your partner or you will be guilty of "you used to like this, you've changed".

It's a lie by participation. Find things you are interested in first then pick the ones that are partner centric to your needs. Smile

A good idea, I just tweaked it a bit. Tongue
Sorry if I gave the impression that I was endorsing dishonesty......

Thing is - some women actually LIKE gun shows and R/C flying....

Big Grin

I was just giving examples of "guy stuff"....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
18-01-2016, 05:02 PM
Or take some classes that interest you... doesn't have to be academic although it can. Could be cooking or target shooting or pottery or whatever.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
18-01-2016, 05:19 PM
(18-01-2016 03:16 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 10:25 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  But.... if you go to something you don't really care for "gun/knife shows, motorcycle shows or others" then you will be stuck going to them forever with your partner or you will be guilty of "you used to like this, you've changed".

It's a lie by participation. Find things you are interested in first then pick the ones that are partner centric to your needs. Smile

A good idea, I just tweaked it a bit. Tongue
Sorry if I gave the impression that I was endorsing dishonesty......

Big Grin

Yes, I just didn't want anyone to misunderstand. Smile

I love boat shows, gun shows, farm auctions and the like. What I don't like is going alone. Sad Makes that idea a bit of a problem. Weeping

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
18-01-2016, 05:25 PM
(18-01-2016 05:19 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 03:16 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Sorry if I gave the impression that I was endorsing dishonesty......

Big Grin

Yes, I just didn't want anyone to misunderstand. Smile

I love boat shows, gun shows, farm auctions and the like. What I don't like is going alone. Sad Makes that idea a bit of a problem. Weeping

I think the idea is go alone, return accompanied. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
18-01-2016, 05:28 PM
(18-01-2016 05:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 05:19 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Yes, I just didn't want anyone to misunderstand. Smile

I think the idea is go alone, return accompanied. Big Grin

Yes, but like faith in gods, I no longer have faith in that outcome. No

18-01-2016, 05:45 PM
Thank you all who have replied and offered a word of advice. I appreciate it a lot. Even to that gentleman who thought I was a woman. It was worth a good laugh, Laugh out load Thanks for taking the time to read my post, even if it was only half of it. Tongue

The consensus seems to be that I should find groups which share one or more of my interests and see if I have any luck that way. I like this idea.

I wish it was easier for me to just approach a stranger and talk to them. I can keep a conversation with a stranger if the stranger is the one to initiate it, but initiating it myself is something I'm terrified of. I guess I'll have to get over this fear if I am to move forward in my life and my search for love. It will at least help me grow as a person.

If you have any advice on initiating conversations with strangers, I'd also like to hear it. I guess my fear is rejection. That the person will react negatively. Negative interactions with people tend to stick with me for longer than I'd like. It stresses me out everytime I think about it.

Once again, thank you all for your time. Smile
[+] 3 users Like IgniteThought's post
18-01-2016, 05:54 PM
(18-01-2016 11:26 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 10:33 AM)DerFish Wrote:  There must be something you are interested in. Maybe science fiction conventions. I am not gay, but used to attend these, and they mostly seemed to be gay meeting grounds. If not that something, Maybe a vacation to a tropical island. We see a lot of gays here. Many of the Americans visiting here do so for sexual reasons. Prostitution is legal and mature white men are their natural prey, but gayness is accepted here. One of my few friends is a couple; he was born a girl and she born a boy. They met at the hospital where they both were undergoing sexual change operations. I know that is further out than your case, but there is something for everyone here in the Dominican Republic.

...And if he wants to stay in the US (I think you are in the US, anyway?), he should come to San Francisco. Lots of cool people, very open-minded, lots of same sex couples/singles. I'm straight myself, but I love surrounding myself with other open-minded people.

I'm from Puerto Rico so I'm right next to the DR. Laugh out load I'm actually thinking of moving to the U.S. I think the experience of moving far away from home will help me grow as a person. I'm terrified of it, but I'm also tired of living here for many reasons, one of which is the kid-size dating pool.

I'd love to move to San Francisco, but I don't think I could afford it. I'm just getting my life started. Maybe I can find a roommate or something. I'm weighting my options at the moment.
[+] 2 users Like IgniteThought's post
18-01-2016, 05:57 PM
There are lots of things you can say without using a lame pick-up line. You can also have these in your head ahead of time so you'll be a little prepared and maybe more confident.

Talk about what you are there for: "that's a nice boat, a bit pricey, guess I'll have to save up for that", comment on what you like and stay away from personal comments on looks and things, which sound like pick-up chat. Be natural, be open to simple friendliness. No agenda, just a good day out.

[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post