A G'day / Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Smile A G'day / Hello
Hi everyone of all beliefs/disbeliefs
Stumbled here while researching why a few of my friends have stated to parrot I.D. propaganda. I have kept my sceptic nature under the radar out of respect for their beliefs.
But recently I have coaxed info out of them that their minister has requested they promote the idea that evolution is bogus, and there is a worldwide scientific conspiracy to cover up carbon dating methods.
I have to say its freaked me the hell out, that 1 of them has swallowed it wholesale and will not even entertain a counter argument from me.

I feel its time to leave the tiptoe closet and stand up for not so much an Atheist cause but rather rational thought and the global best guess peer reviewed think-tank that we know as "Science".

Explicitly articulating my disbelief since 2011
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
05-10-2013, 08:50 PM
RE: A G'day / Hello
Welcome, glad to have you here.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted, and some showed up along the way. - JF
05-10-2013, 08:56 PM
Welcome to the forum! Hope you like it here.

(19-04-2014 10:31 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Stupidity may be spectacular, but it's still stupidity.
05-10-2013, 09:03 PM
(05-10-2013 08:45 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Hi everyone of all beliefs/disbeliefs
Stumbled here while researching why a few of my friends have stated to parrot I.D. propaganda. I have kept my sceptic nature under the radar out of respect for their beliefs.
But recently I have coaxed info out of them that their minister has requested they promote the idea that evolution is bogus, and there is a worldwide scientific conspiracy to cover up carbon dating methods.
I have to say its freaked me the hell out, that 1 of them has swallowed it wholesale and will not even entertain a counter argument from me.

I feel its time to leave the tiptoe closet and stand up for not so much an Atheist cause but rather rational thought and the global best guess peer reviewed think-tank that we know as "Science".

For the record: you owe a person respect, not his wacky ideas.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-10-2013, 09:46 PM
Wow, there is so much good Atheist material on YouTube (atheist experience), never bothered to research stuff before, sort of thought Atheists to be mostly hardcore agitators. And long ago (pre Internet) gave up trying to de-dogma people.
And I'm especially glad to find out I'm not the only one who thinks alien visitors and ghosts are bullshit.
(my circle of friends really are fraking nut jobs, but sure are entertaining, i did at least convince them that microwaved water was not harmful to plants)

05-10-2013, 10:35 PM
[Image: welcome.gif]

WWMWAZSKDTVQHTMJD?
06-10-2013, 05:22 AM
Welcome

Some other channels you might want to check out, imo they are better then atheist experience

QualiaSoup
http://www.youtube.com/user/QualiaSoup/videos

TheraminTrees
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ-vHE5CrGaL_ITEg-n3OeA

AronRa
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAJfDidJyukTekgSRZrjadw

and there's plenty more

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
06-10-2013, 05:58 AM
And more...
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ce+library

Enjoy.

06-10-2013, 06:53 AM
Welcome aboard!

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
06-10-2013, 06:55 AM
Cheers and thanks for the links.