A Gang of Theists!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2017, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2017 04:11 PM by Peanut.)
A Gang of Theists!
Dodgy

The other day I was at the grocery store when I was religiously attacked by two women. I was reaching for an apple when I felt a presence to my left. It was two women (about 40-50 years old) just standing there looking at me. I moved to my right and smiled and apologized if I was standing in the way. She smiles at me and says something like, "Hi. We like to shop at Meijer once a week and (right here is when I realize my predicament and she's not just making small talk.) we like to find people who may want blessings."

"Oh."

Other lady, "Would you be offended if we prayed with you?"

"Um, I don't want to waste your time, honestly. I don't believe in that stuff." *Politely smiles*

*Taken aback but with a smile plastered on her face* Well, tell me, are you experiencing any turmoil in your life?

*in head "ya"* "No. I'm okay. But thank you." and I turn back to the apples.

"It must be so nice to have such a blessed life."

*WHAT A CONDESCENDING, PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE BITCH. I say nothing but raise my eyebrows and smile awkwardly.*

Other lady, "Well if you don't believe in god, what do you think happens to us when we die? *getting a little fired up, but smiling nonetheless*

*sighs* "We either get cremated or our bodies rot in the ground." * Drinking Beverage

"Well that's sad. We all have souls."

"But I don't believe there are souls."

"And what if you're wrong?"

"Then I'm wrong." Thumbsup

***************Dave comes up at this point and the ladies are clearly perturbed by this exchange. He gets a heated and says, "and what proof do you have that YOUR right?"

*giggles condescendingly* "I read the proof every day."

"Right. you read a book written when people didn't know what the sun was and by men who wanted to control people."

"It's the bible."

"Yeah and they make money off of people"

"WE'RE not making money *laughs*

"No, but you're giving THEM money."

Other lady *with venom*, "You should watch [religious documentary I can't remember]. So many angry atheists out there."

*We just leave*

AND THEN THERE WAS ANOTHER LADY WHO COMPLIMENTED MY BLUE HAIR WHEN WE GOT NEAR THE MILK! We were cheerful to her because again we caught off guard, but before she could do her spiel, we said we had to go. THEN THROUGHOUT OUR PRODUCE TRIP I NEEDED TO FINISH, THAT LADY WAS JUST STANDING IN DIFFERENT PLACES, WAITING FOR "PRAY." (Sorry).

**I also felt religiously stereotyped considering my hair and his all black clothes and the fact that we were stopped within two minutes from the others.** LOLZ
There are people that frequent our local grocery store to "attack" people.

What if he and I decide to go around enlightening people randomly about the joys of atheism? I should do that, actually Consider

They probably prayed for our souls that night too.
Dicks

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Peanut's post
27-09-2017, 05:01 PM
RE: A Gang of Theists!
Y'know I kinda wish this would happen to me--no family imvolved, not held verbally hostage by customers at work, no rescrictions on our conversation...

Then again strangers striking up a conversation freaks me out enough.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
27-09-2017, 05:09 PM
I think it's a "babble of believers" but I have to look it up.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-09-2017, 05:09 PM
It's so weird that people feel compelled to do that, just walk up and start that kind of conversation. I guess if I really believed it I would do the same and would think I was doing you a favor.

[+] 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
27-09-2017, 05:26 PM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2017 07:11 PM by Aliza.)
(27-09-2017 04:04 PM)Peanut Wrote:  ... She smiles at me and says something like, "Hi. We like to shop at Meijer once a week and (right here is when I realize my predicament and she's not just making small talk.) we like to find people who may want blessings."

The fault is yours! What did you expect to encounter at Meijer's?
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
27-09-2017, 05:29 PM
[Image: r6BL8qL.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post
27-09-2017, 05:49 PM
(27-09-2017 05:09 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  It's so weird that people feel compelled to do that, just walk up and start that kind of conversation. I guess if I really believed it I would do the same and would think I was doing you a favor.

When I was younger I'd engage them if I was feeling bored and/or irritated. They all left in tears looking for their God. Too old now to be bothered.

#sigh
27-09-2017, 05:58 PM
I don't think "gang" is the right word. I think it should be "a fallacy of theists".

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 7 users Like unfogged's post
27-09-2017, 06:14 PM
(27-09-2017 05:58 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I don't think "gang" is the right word. I think it should be "a fallacy of theists".

I don't have a name for a group of theists in general, but I'm sure that it is: "an irritation of proselytizers"
[+] 8 users Like Rockblossom's post
27-09-2017, 08:16 PM
(27-09-2017 05:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I think it's a "babble of believers" but I have to look it up.

Bowing
I love that, too. But the visual of religious thugs is also amazing. *Sweaters and mom jeans scanning for the weak and/or unsuspecting*

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 3 users Like Peanut's post