A Gathering of Heathens

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2016, 06:33 PM
A Gathering of Heathens
Hello!
My name is Tiah. I joined this site to try and find some new people to connect with. I don't have a large friend group and it's even harder to find people online that aren't looking for a hook-up or something. So here is a little bit about myself.
I am 19 years old and am currently working on a Bachelor's degree. I am a lesbian and have a girlfriend of 3 years.
I have a hard time connecting with my peers in college. Several of them have different interests than me. I tend to be friends with people quite older than myself. I did not grow up in an extremely religious household but God was acknowledged and just something everybody accepted in our rural, conservative community. I did not attend church often. This made it so that I could draw my own conclusions growing up. Although parents did not indoctrinate me, I think that "coming out" as an atheist was harder than coming out as gay. Especially to my 32 year old Baptist sister.
You guys know how that goes.
Anyway, I'm happy to be here! It's hard to meet other atheist's because we don't really gather at a church or something creepy like that Wink
I hope to be involved in intelligent conversation and maybe make some new acquaintances. Other than atheism, I enjoy music, art, animals, and an array of other things. Feel free to contact me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like tmbanks's post
19-04-2016, 06:45 PM
RE: A Gathering of Heathens
Welcome to TTA.

Jump right in.

Smile

19-04-2016, 06:47 PM
Welcome!

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
19-04-2016, 06:51 PM
Welcome to the monkey house girl and your partner too! My daughter is with another woman and has been for 20+ years. They just married 3 years ago.
[+] 2 users Like DerFish's post
19-04-2016, 07:14 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I also like the same sex so I can relate to being both lgbt and an atheist. It's really difficult when your family is teligious.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your stay. ^v^
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
19-04-2016, 07:17 PM
Welcome. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
19-04-2016, 07:28 PM
Welcome!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-04-2016, 09:29 PM
Hello! Big Grin
19-04-2016, 09:30 PM
Hello there.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
19-04-2016, 09:31 PM
Welcome...and enjoy!

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicurus (341-270B.C.E.)