A Good Christian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2013, 11:04 PM
RE: A Good Christian
Well if we're talking about an all powerful being, then we're talking about a being that is necessary, like a square having four sides, so he must exist in every possible universe, including our own
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2013, 11:10 PM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2013 11:13 PM by DLJ.)
(22-03-2013 09:52 PM)Shawc27 Wrote:  1. Oxymoron, all sides are equal on a square Wink

2. Hahaha I'm not here to argue with you, I've done some studies of the scriptures and I like to think I know in what I believe. Yeh what you stated is true, but what what I think you've failed to grasp is what we are defining 'God' as. From there, with the possibility of a God, he must exist. But thanks anyway

Smile

Technical point... please hit the 'reply' button on a specific post to which you are replying. Otherwise we don't know to whom you are replying. I think your point 1 is in response to me but I'm not sure about your point 2. Perhaps you think there are just two entities on this site... you and an amorphous mass of atheist?

Also, just re-stating a point is indeed considered a bit troll-like. Bucky in particular welcomes this as he enjoys a hearty troll-breakfast or two.

Also, also, not oxymoron but irony. Can I assume from your response that you are American? If so, I forgive you.

Also, also, also... the ontological argument? That's this one, right?

[Image: fsm2.jpg]

22-03-2013, 11:16 PM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2013 11:22 PM by Julius.)
(22-03-2013 01:34 AM)Shawc27 Wrote:  ...I believe in an afterlife, believe that Jesus was the Messiah, I am acceptant that not all of you can believe, but I know you will eventually....
So, you know I will believe eventually? Is this so-called belief of mine predicated on Jesus throwing my arse into a lake of fire for eternity?

I think it is.

Really nice "Savior" you have accepted, huh?

Julius

I'll Fuck you 'till you love me Faggot!
- Mike Tyson (2002)
22-03-2013, 11:27 PM
(22-03-2013 11:10 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-03-2013 09:52 PM)Shawc27 Wrote:  1. Oxymoron, all sides are equal on a square Wink

2. Hahaha I'm not here to argue with you, I've done some studies of the scriptures and I like to think I know in what I believe. Yeh what you stated is true, but what what I think you've failed to grasp is what we are defining 'God' as. From there, with the possibility of a God, he must exist. But thanks anyway

Smile

Technical point... please hit the 'reply' button on a specific post to which you are replying. Otherwise we don't know to whom you are replying. I think your point 1 is in response to me but I'm not sure about your point 2. Perhaps you think there are just two entities on this site... you and an amorphous mass of atheist?

Also, just re-stating a point is indeed considered a bit troll-like. Bucky in particular welcomes this as he enjoys a hearty troll-breakfast or two.

Also, also, not oxymoron but irony. Can I assume from your response that you are American? If so, I forgive you.

Also, also, also... the ontological argument? That's this one, right?

[Image: fsm2.jpg]

Hahahah that's brilliant

Yeh I'm not American, but the fact that you think I am makes me feel embarrassed Sad
[+] 1 user Likes Shawc27's post
22-03-2013, 11:27 PM
(22-03-2013 11:04 PM)Shawc27 Wrote:  Well if we're talking about an all powerful being, then we're talking about a being that is necessary, like a square having four sides, so he must exist in every possible universe, including our own
Well if we're talking about an all powerful being - No need to try and fog the place up for a smooth getaway. You made the god claim and you know what we're talking about. Your religion describes its god as all powerful. If you don't, then explain why you call yourself a Christian.

then we're talking about a being that is necessary
- Why?

so he must exist in every possible universe, including our own
- Again... why?

When you make truth claims, you should be prepared to demonstrate how you arrive at your conclusion. Rewording is not demonstration.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
22-03-2013, 11:29 PM
(22-03-2013 11:16 PM)Julius Wrote:  
(22-03-2013 01:34 AM)Shawc27 Wrote:  ...I believe in an afterlife, believe that Jesus was the Messiah, I am acceptant that not all of you can believe, but I know you will eventually....
So, you know I will believe eventually? Is this so-called belief of mine predicated on Jesus throwing my arse into a lake of fire for eternity?

I think it is.

Julius

- Mike Tyson (2002)

Hahaha I don't really believe in a hell actually, just the fact that in seeing God people can not accept his love Smile
22-03-2013, 11:45 PM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2013 11:59 PM by Julius.)
(22-03-2013 11:29 PM)Shawc27 Wrote:  
(22-03-2013 11:16 PM)Julius Wrote:  So, you know I will believe eventually? Is this so-called belief of mine predicated on Jesus throwing my arse into a lake of fire for eternity?

I think it is.

Julius

- Mike Tyson (2002)

Hahaha I don't really believe in a hell actually, just the fact that in seeing God people can not accept his love Smile
Then I guess there are parts of the Bible that you consider untrue....false? Please let me know. Seriously, I figured out that the so-called "Holy Ghost" was nothing but a self-delusion along time ago. But...according to the Bible, Denying the Holy Ghost is an unforgivable sin that results in everlasting pain and torment.

So...Please tell me.
23-03-2013, 12:03 AM
(22-03-2013 11:45 PM)Julius Wrote:  
(22-03-2013 11:29 PM)Shawc27 Wrote:  Hahaha I don't really believe in a hell actually, just the fact that in seeing God people can not accept his love Smile
Then I guess there are parts of the Bible that you consider untrue....false? Please let me know. Seriously, I figured out that the so-called "Holy Ghost" was nothing but a self-delusion along time ago. But...according to the Bible, Denying the Holy Ghost is an unforgivable sin that results in everlasting pain and torment.

So...Please tell me.

Of course there is!!

Nobody can take EVERY thing written in the Bible literally!
23-03-2013, 12:06 AM
(23-03-2013 12:03 AM)Shawc27 Wrote:  
(22-03-2013 11:45 PM)Julius Wrote:  Then I guess there are parts of the Bible that you consider untrue....false? Please let me know. Seriously, I figured out that the so-called "Holy Ghost" was nothing but a self-delusion along time ago. But...according to the Bible, Denying the Holy Ghost is an unforgivable sin that results in everlasting pain and torment.

So...Please tell me.

Of course there is!!

OK...then let's go one step further. Let us not believe any of it.

I figure, it's all God's will, or it's bunk, and there is no God.

Can you agree?

Julius
23-03-2013, 12:09 AM
(23-03-2013 12:06 AM)Julius Wrote:  
(23-03-2013 12:03 AM)Shawc27 Wrote:  Of course there is!!

OK...then let's go one step further. Let us not believe any of it.

I figure, it's all God's will, or it's bunk, and there is no God.

Can you agree?

Julius

Hahaha

Yeh that's interesting I guess

For me I guess, it's not all or nothing with Christianity, some parts are, like believing in Jesus as the Messiah, but I can be a Christian and accept that the Earth isn't 6000 years old