A History of Celtic Britain

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2014, 12:24 AM
A History of Celtic Britain
I am fully aware that I am asking alot of you when proposing a documentary that is 4 hours long.

This is a combination of several documentaries presented by my favorite current BBC historian Neil Oliver describing the evolving of British society, out of the Stone Age, through the Bronze Age, to the Iron Age, the Celtic Era and into the arrival of the Romans.

And it is worth every second you watch it!

Enjoy!

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like The Germans are coming's post
06-04-2014, 12:28 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2014 06:53 AM by DLJ.)
RE: A History of Celtic Britain
Thanks. I'll watch it.

(cause it's my ancestors and stuff)

EDIT: Watched it.

Well crafted and dramatic stuff.
I don't think I learned much I didn't already know although a few loose jigsaw pieces fell into place.

But I wasn't aware of the betrayal that helped the Roman invasion... that was new to me.

Thanks again for posting it.

06-04-2014, 12:39 AM
Thanks Smile Will also watch if get chance and my net plays ball.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
06-04-2014, 01:35 AM
4 hours does sound intimidating, but I'll give it the time because it's an interesting topic for me!

I also need things to watch these days as I spend a lot of hours in trains.

Thanks for sharing! Smile

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
06-04-2014, 01:47 AM
Thanks. I'll get it on DVD. I have no pc at the moment.

Warning. The poster, Banjo, is currently on an experimental drug known to affect the human brain. Banjo went insane on this drug. Treat everything I say with a grain of salt. Especially if offended. Indeed, there are 9 (1 died) people on this drug worldwide.
Banjo.
06-04-2014, 05:15 AM
Thanks, I'll check it out.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
22-05-2014, 11:37 AM
I have seen this documentary before (I think). Being an individual of Celtic descent (I won't be specific due to privacy), I am quite interested in the subject. It is magnificent for particularly the Welsh, Scottish and Irish to learn.

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression.
-- Thomas Paine,
22-05-2014, 11:56 AM
Thanks, TGAC

The BBC does some extraordinary stuff. I just watched a 3-parter on The Crusades that they did. So much better than the shit we get over here. For one thing, their hour documentaries are nearly an hour instead of 44 minutes because they don't have to leave room for commercials which drive me up a fucking wall anyway.

The man who invented the Mute Button on the remote control deserves to be worshiped as a god far more than that bloody fucker 'yahweh.'

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
22-05-2014, 09:03 PM
(06-04-2014 12:24 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I am fully aware that I am asking alot of you when proposing a documentary that is 4 hours long.

This is a combination of several documentaries presented by my favorite current BBC historian Neil Oliver describing the evolving of British society, out of the Stone Age, through the Bronze Age, to the Iron Age, the Celtic Era and into the arrival of the Romans.

And it is worth every second you watch it!

Enjoy!

I love stuff like this. Thanks for posting.
30-05-2014, 01:32 AM
Thanks very much for posting. My ancestors were from the strathclyde region. Not much written about the Celtic Britons. I'll be sure to watch.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick