A History of God
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2012, 11:30 AM
RE: A History of God
(16-01-2012 11:06 AM)ddrew Wrote:  I'd really like to see some of the forums faithful believers chime in on these videos...

Strange when good "educational" material comes in.. they go hide in a corner with nothing to say...

I think Kingsy should see them... I think he would appreciate them. They are quite good and historically accurate. I don't think he would be put off by history.

One's spirituality should have nothing to do with historical fact.
Kingsy's not ignorant, he's just faithful. I could be wrong about that but... I can't know for sure where another person's heart or head is. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-01-2012, 12:30 PM
RE: A History of God
(15-01-2012 01:46 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  After you get past the fact that the narrator (Evid3nc3) talks like Christopher Walken, the Bible makes sooooo much more sense now. The many references to other gods and the link to polytheism. The "Yahweh is the Hebrew version of the Greek god Ares" bit explains his many many stories about war. And why the worshipers always went back to worshiping other gods had always baffled me, until you consider that the other gods were all equal, and represented better things than war.

And the next vid goes a little deeper, into how God is seen as "everything."

I never really dug into this type of stuff even though I always thought some of it seemed odd. After watching this I went back and grabbed a bible and read back these particular citations - i even went and looked up yahweh and this honestly is very informative. I think I might just have to get the book he read in this video.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply