Poll: Do You Prefer Cats Or Dogs
Dogs
Cats
I Love All Animals Equally
I Hate All Animals Equally
I Have No Real Opinion. Hell, I Don't Even Know Why I'm Voting.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
A Huge And Important Question I've Never Seen Asked On This Forum!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2012, 08:39 AM
RE: A Huge And Important Question I've Never Seen Asked On This Forum!
All animals are awesome in there own unique ways.....I dont think I could decide on a favourite.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
16-02-2012, 08:42 AM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2012 08:47 AM by N.E.OhioAtheist.)
Dogs all the way. I had a great bloodhound best dog ever. I don't think I could have a cat because they shit and piss in the house. Who likes to clean that up. I don't do litter boxes.
16-02-2012, 08:43 AM
(16-02-2012 08:42 AM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  Dogs all the way. I had a great bloodhound best dog ever.

Bloodhounds are awesome but boxers are awesomer.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
16-02-2012, 09:27 AM
In general I think cats are far more intelligent and cooler animals. But I detest pets.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
16-02-2012, 11:18 AM
(16-02-2012 08:43 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(16-02-2012 08:42 AM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  Dogs all the way. I had a great bloodhound best dog ever.

I’ve got a soft spot for Boxers, think I’ve got Jax convinced but she’s eyeing up the Mastiffs across the road still…
I’ll get a little British Bulldog one day, I dunno why but I really like them.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
16-02-2012, 12:39 PM
(16-02-2012 11:18 AM)Karl Wrote:  
(16-02-2012 08:43 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  

I’ve got a soft spot for Boxers, think I’ve got Jax convinced but she’s eyeing up the Mastiffs across the road still…
I’ll get a little British Bulldog one day, I dunno why but I really like them.

[Image: british-bulldog.jpg]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
16-02-2012, 04:21 PM
[Image: 2010-05-08161340.jpg]
[Image: 2010-05-02151749.jpg]
[Image: 2010-03-24131255.jpg]

IM SORRY.. I had to do it. Thats my best bud Scout Smile Smile

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
[+] 5 users Like k37713's post
16-02-2012, 05:34 PM
I love pretty much all animals (but birds for some reason, they annoy me most of the time). But I chose cats in the poll because if I have the choice I will always get cats. Many cats. I love them. I get along with them great. They are great for cuddling, love to hear them purr. Love their eyes and how they look at you with love.
No idea why some people hate cats so much, and others say they are selfish and they do not have a connection to their human. I have never experienced that. My cats loved me, they were playful and smart. Of course they did stupid things they knew were not supposed to, but that's normal and I can live with that. Love how they try get your attention by simply sitting down on the book you are reading or biting the pen you are writing with or simply putting their paw on your leg for some cuddling....
Heart Who could not love such a wonderful, lovely animal? Heart

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
16-02-2012, 05:55 PM
In my entire life I only met 1 (one) cat that I actually liked. I lie. I loved that cat. It was either a VERY good dog in disguise or some kind of angel. I think that cat could have been trained to guide blind people. It was certainly smart and cooperative enough.

First of all, he very actively showed that he enjoyed my company, not that reluctant toleration shit that most cats give you. Second: he immediately learned what exactly hurts me when we play and he stopped doing those things *forever*. If he ever "anchored" himself on my shirt and I started to feel a slight discomfort, gently touching his paw with a finger made him understand and he immediately retracted his claws.

When he got tired of playing, he "signaled" it by taking a bit of distance. If I wanted to play more, against his "signal", he usually gave me at least 15 more minutes before asking to go out.

When he needed to go out and pee at night, he woke me up by very gently caressing my hand with his paw. He never peed or anything inside.

He never stole food. Ever. Not even when he stayed alone for 10 minutes with all our unprotected, steaming and deliciously smelling Christmas dinner. Of course he made his point when we returned by giving a very short meow and he got generous portions of everything appealing to him, but he was hungry and he didn't touch anything without permission. I might not have the same will power. He also never "begged" while we ate. Nobody taught him that. Somehow he never did it.

He took the initiative to babysit a few baby pets that we had at that time, waiting to be old enough for adoption (cats and dogs). He did a good job too. He was keeping them all together, he was guarding them, he was carrying them, he sheltered them from rain, everything. Somehow he tricked the female cat that was nursing to let him suck too, even though he was larger than her. They got some kind of understanding. She paid no attention to the babies outside feeding time and when she felt like sleeping. That was his job and she paid her independence in milk.

Unfortunately, I found out later that such cats don't exist. I have no idea how and why that cat was the way it was, but I expect those experiences to be non-repeatable. That's why I am a dog person.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 3 users Like Malleus's post
16-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Hey Mall -- I'm not much of a cat person myself. But I know what you are talking about.. I call them cat-dogs and they are almost as rare as a mythical unicorn.. but they do exist. I had one named Soda - that sucker would even fetch.. He was awesome.

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang