A Humanist, a Buddhist, and a kitten

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2014, 07:18 AM
RE: A Humanist, a Buddhist, and a kitten
Don't listen to anyone who says anything negative about what you did. You were trying hard to save it's life. I hope someone would try to save me if I was hurt, instead of just putting me out of my misery for their convenience.

Anyway well done on trying. I hope everything turned out for the best.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2014, 07:29 AM
Actually. This reminded me of something that happened to me about 6 months ago(ish)

I was at work getting out of the company van when right in front of me two birds slammed into the glass window of the company building right in front of me. One big predator bird of some kind and a tiny little sparrow type bird. (They had obviously been on the chase) The big bird was obviously dead but the little one barely moving but still alive.

My coworkers came outside and started taking pictures and laughing and poking the birds with sticks and stuff. I said something about needing to do something to help the little bird, animal control or something. My bosses boss was there at the time and she basically told me in so many words to grow up and let it die.

I went inside and found a box and got the little bird safely into it. Luckily it was the end of my shift. I brought it home and found a wildlife sanctuary phone number online. Called them up and delivered the little bird there. Poor thing. (Oh I might mention that the little bird had become more active in the time this all took place, so I'm hopeful everything turned out okay)

Anyway. Enough rambling.

I just wanted to point out that I've never understood peoples ability to be so callous to anothers suffering, human or not. I could have smacked my coworkers for how they were acting. Life is fucking hard for everyone and everything. If we can help out why don't we.
[+] 4 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
07-07-2014, 08:23 AM
Thank you for the encouragement, I was feeling pretty down last night.

And I had a dream about the little fella - I think it helped my mind cope a bit.
07-07-2014, 10:49 AM
(07-07-2014 07:18 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Don't listen to anyone who says anything negative about what you did. You were trying hard to save it's life. I hope someone would try to save me if I was hurt, instead of just putting me out of my misery for their convenience.

if that was towards me, i think she did a good job.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
07-07-2014, 12:28 PM
(07-07-2014 10:49 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 07:18 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Don't listen to anyone who says anything negative about what you did. You were trying hard to save it's life. I hope someone would try to save me if I was hurt, instead of just putting me out of my misery for their convenience.

if that was towards me, i think she did a good job.

Not really towards you. Just kinda the spark to a train of thought. Sorry if you took it that way.
21-07-2014, 04:53 PM
While not specifically with a cat, seeing animals severely wounded on the side of the highway is a common occurrence where I live; namely moose, bear, fox etc. One of the less pleasant reasons that many carry a firearm on board their cars is in case such an event happens (Hundreds of miles from a vet means there's no reasonable chance of intervention).
21-07-2014, 05:52 PM
I have good news though.. I've had a similar story. well without the Buddhist. but we found two Siamese kittens about a week apart.. both wouldn't have been able to survive on there own but we saved them any way.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
21-07-2014, 06:17 PM
"A Humanist, a Buddhist, and a kitten"

...... walk into a bar.
So what happened ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
21-07-2014, 06:18 PM
(21-07-2014 05:52 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I have good news though.. I've had a similar story. well without the Buddhist. but we found two Siamese kittens about a week apart.. both wouldn't have been able to survive on there own but we saved them any way.

I'm glad you were able to help them!
I really wish we would have been able to. Too many places don't have any regard for non-human animal suffering and wellbeing.
[+] 1 user Likes roximoxi's post