A Letter To The US From John Cleese

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2016, 11:36 PM
RE: A Letter To The US From John Cleese
So does this mean the royal family has a title with maybe the name "North America" in it? Like, could Prince Henry become the Prince of North America? Or would it be divided up between the royal family with Prince Charles and his brother and sister, whose names I can't remember. These are important questions I, for one, really want to know. Consider

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2016, 12:01 AM
(13-11-2016 11:36 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  So does this mean the royal family has a title with maybe the name "North America" in it? Like, could Prince Henry become the Prince of North America? Or would it be divided up between the royal family with Prince Charles and his brother and sister, whose names I can't remember. These are important questions I, for one, really want to know. Consider

Uhh... please don't feed their misplaced egos. Our GDP is 18 trillion to their less than 3 trillion. In their wildest dreams, they could only hope to control a country as nice as ours.

And how did they lose it? Oh right! By firstly kicking out all the entrepreneurs, inventors and free thinkers from the mother country and then taxing the shit out of them because they were an easy, desperate source of revenue. The colonists who felt over taxed and under represented finally revolted and kicked the the fucking Brits right out of town! Laugh out load

... Oh shit. Wait a minute. Maybe the Republicans have just banded together and kicked the liberals out of the government. Too much taxation, not enough representation. Did we learn nothing from history?! Facepalm

Heh heh heh. Sorry, Great Britain. It seems we're travelling down a well worth path over here. Mr. Cleese? Yes, please put in a good word for us to the Queen and maybe she'll help us get control of these unruly conservatives. Long live the Queen!
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
14-11-2016, 12:20 AM
Actually this was a letter circulated during George W Bush's election. I vaguely remember reading it then. I don't even think it was written by John Cleese, but it's still kinda funny.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
14-11-2016, 12:36 AM
(13-11-2016 08:34 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  [Image: Planes.jpg]

Oh, Full Circle... I almost didn't have the heart to tell you that those appear to be British Royal Navy BAe Sea Harriers, not American-copy AV-8B Harrier IIs. The nose-cones are different.

On the other hand, the Brits retired their fleet of Sea Harriers in 2006, so we don't have to worry about it. Tongue

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
14-11-2016, 12:47 AM
(14-11-2016 12:36 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  

Oh, Full Circle... I almost didn't have the heart to tell you that those appear to be British Royal Navy BAe Sea Harriers, not American-copy AV-8B Harrier IIs. The nose-cones are different.

On the other hand, the Brits retired their fleet of Sea Harriers in 2006, so we don't have to worry about it. Tongue

They needed the Harriers because British aircraft carriers are dinky in comparison to American super-carriers. Tongue

[Image: USS_John_C._Stennis_(CVN-74)_%26_HMS_Ill...(R_06).jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
14-11-2016, 01:14 AM
(14-11-2016 12:47 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(14-11-2016 12:36 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Oh, Full Circle... I almost didn't have the heart to tell you that those appear to be British Royal Navy BAe Sea Harriers, not American-copy AV-8B Harrier IIs. The nose-cones are different.

They needed the Harriers because British aircraft carriers are dinky in comparison to American super-carriers. Tongue

[Image: USS_John_C._Stennis_(CVN-74)_%26_HMS_Ill...(R_06).jpg]

That angled deck is a British design.

The British were the first to land a twin engine aircraft on a carrier. The Mosquito. And take off. The same with the jet. Both flown by Eric "Winkle" Brown.

American carriers during WWII had wooden decks making them burn. British decks were metal.

It took the Royal navy to work out how to land the American aeroplane (That is how that word is spelled) the F4U Corsair, on an aircraft carrier.

It took a British engine, the Rolls Royce Merlin, to make the American fighter plane the P51 effective.

There is indeed no such thing as "American English" Just good English and bad English.

The cry "USA! USA! USA!" is very annoying. As is "Aussie Aussie Aussie oi oi oi". Australians, kindly stop. Big Grin

New Zealanders. Please stop saying "Bro". It's just stupid and sexist.

Transylvania, please stop it with the vampires. Buffy was good enough. Thanks for that America.

Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 7 users Like Banjo's post
14-11-2016, 02:02 AM
(14-11-2016 12:20 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Actually this was a letter circulated during George W Bush's election. I vaguely remember reading it then. I don't even think it was written by John Cleese, but it's still kinda funny.

According to SNOPES, former Monty Python member John Cleese did not pen a satirical piece announcing the revocation of America's independence for failure to elect a competent president... Many, many people have had a hand in shaping the multiple variations of this bit of humor that now exist, but John Cleese himself is one of the few who hasn't.

—But I agree, it's very, very funny. Thumbsup

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
14-11-2016, 02:19 AM
I was interested to read that in 1808, British chemist Sir Humphry Davy employed the word alumium for the metal he was trying to isolate electrolytically from the mineral alumina. "Had I been so fortunate as to have obtained more certain evidences on this subject, and to have procured the metallic substances I was in search of, I should have proposed for them the names of silicium, alumium, zirconium, and glucium."

and;

Davy settled on aluminum by the time he published his 1812 book Chemical Philosophy: "This substance appears to contain a peculiar metal, but as yet Aluminum has not been obtained in a perfectly free state, though alloys of it with other metalline substances have been procured sufficiently distinct to indicate the probable nature of alumina."

—So, for once, the Yanks have got it right. Cool

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
14-11-2016, 02:22 AM
(14-11-2016 02:19 AM)SYZ Wrote:  —So, for once, the Yanks have got it right. Cool

[Image: 0fb.jpg]

Yes, I'm being facetious.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
14-11-2016, 07:31 AM
(14-11-2016 12:36 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  

Weeping

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce