A Mathematical Proof That The Universe Could Have Formed Spontaneously From Nothing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2014, 11:05 AM
A Mathematical Proof That The Universe Could Have Formed Spontaneously From Nothing
Damn, it's an amazing time to be alive.

We just got proof of the gravitational waves from expansion a short while ago and now this. I'm only just starting to understand some of these concepts and maths, but damn is this exciting.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
11-04-2014, 12:22 PM
RE: A Mathematical Proof That The Universe Could Have Formed Spontaneously From Nothing
Law of Sociology - This will eventually be used to support something is obviously doesn't support.
Also, it doesn't mean it came from nothing. It just means it was spontaneous. (Another universe could have collapsed into a singularity, in a timeless void, but due to quantum fluctuations, it could've expanded again.)

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
11-04-2014, 12:31 PM
RE: A Mathematical Proof That The Universe Could Have Formed Spontaneously From Nothing
(11-04-2014 12:22 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  Law of Sociology - This will eventually be used to support something is obviously doesn't support.
Also, it doesn't mean it came from nothing. It just means it was spontaneous. (Another universe could have collapsed into a singularity, in a timeless void, but due to quantum fluctuations, it could've expanded again.)

IDGAF what the theists decide this "proves" or how they manipulate it to say it is evidence for their delusions. Those people can stay in the stone age for all I care. Science is amazing and I'll enjoy it for what it is.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
11-04-2014, 01:47 PM
(11-04-2014 11:05 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Damn, it's an amazing time to be alive.

"However, it forces physicists to accept a probabilistic explanation for the nature of reality, something they are generally happy to accept."

Crazy fuckers. Chas is gonna burn their embassy and shit.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-04-2014, 02:03 PM
I suppose we have to wait for more news on it. It looks like it came from a peer-reviewed article…

http://arxiv.org/abs/1404.1207

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way.

-Christopher Hitchens
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Just Another Atheist's post
15-04-2014, 02:58 PM
I knew it already Drinking Beverage

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
15-04-2014, 03:53 PM
Also, its just a mathematical equation and has not proven anything yet. Sad

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way.

-Christopher Hitchens
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-04-2014, 04:59 PM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2014 05:05 PM by GirlyMan.)
(15-04-2014 03:53 PM)Just Another Atheist Wrote:  Also, its just a mathematical equation and has not proven anything yet. Sad

That's always how it starts. And then the experimentalists take over. Big Grin

#sigh
15-04-2014, 05:10 PM
(15-04-2014 04:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-04-2014 03:53 PM)Just Another Atheist Wrote:  Also, its just a mathematical equation and has not proven anything yet. Sad

That's always how it starts. And then the experimentalists take over. Big Grin

Yeah, predicting a Higgs boson only takes a few lines of maths (mass generation via coupling in symmetry breaking - Higgs et al explored this specifically for electroweak interactions).

Then you can give it to the experimentalists and say, "hey, get on that, will you?" and then forty-five years and billions of dollars later they might find something.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
15-04-2014, 05:24 PM
(15-04-2014 05:10 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(15-04-2014 04:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That's always how it starts. And then the experimentalists take over. Big Grin

Yeah, predicting a Higgs boson only takes a few lines of maths (mass generation via coupling in symmetry breaking - Higgs et al explored this specifically for electroweak interactions).

Then you can give it to the experimentalists and say, "hey, get on that, will you?" and then forty-five years and billions of dollars later they might find something.

Says something about the prescience of our math. Thumbsup

#sigh